5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

11 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Take any country,.it will have unique characteristics.For example, Ireland has very few prisoners because of a very low crime rates.

And there's a reason for that.

Ireland guns per capita .07
US guns per capita 1.2

Ireland homicides per 100K: .7
US homicides per 100K: 6.5

The utter lack of critical thinking / theory being applied to CRT, seems to be our dilemma. 

No conservative I have ever talked to knows what CRT is.  Even conservative authors who have written about it can't give straight answers.  To them it's teaching white people to hate themselves, or sowing division among races, or making kids feel guilty.  In reality it is an analysis of structural racism in America.  In reality it is not taught anywhere other than as electives in colleges.  In reality it says nothing about how much white people should hate themselves.

It has nothing to do with this topic.

The open border policy some think a grand idea 

We don't have an open border.  Nor do people want one.

You're just repeating memes you heard that you don't understand.  That's not a great path towards better understanding.

Also LAADDA, from their president: "Do you admire Blair [a black woman] for falling on her sword, I mean, banana to protect her meal ticket?”

Find a better source than a source that even conservatives have disavowed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sounds like he was exercising his right to free speech.

Sounds like the students were exercising their right to free speech.

Sounds like Stanford supported both of them.  Bravo Stanford.

If this upsets you, please tell us whose speech the government should suppress.

Spoken like a true Leftist.

Just let Facebook,twitter,youtube,google, the M.G.B. FDA ,CDC and any Fact checker that can be payed do the dirty work.

Best part of the whole thing is the federal judge saying "WTF does that mean". LOL. I think someone's out of a  job.

I was hoping  someone had insight into  Mao's "Correct handling of contradictions among the people" and whom those people are.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

While I think that shouting a speaker down like that is generally dumb, are you saying the students shouldn’t have the right to do so? Maybe Hillsdale College should invite Diane Feinstein to come talk 

Wendy P. 

The hair on fire,speech is violence and defunding Police is now a right wing thing, just ask Joe. 

"Maybe Hillsdale College should invite Diane Feinstein to come talk." LOL thanks for the laugh.

I'd bet those kids would respect her and graciously debate. 

On the transgender front seems the Olympic Committee has some guts to admit  they were wrong. A rarity in modernity.

The announced regulations, which come into force on March 31, prohibit athletes who have gone through what WA called “male puberty” from participating in female world rankings competitions. WA said the exclusion would apply to “male-to-female transgender athletes who have been through male puberty.”

Well deserved justice to the women that stood their ground.

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

And there's a reason for that.

As if, homicide by gunshot alone, are our only factors.You always find what you're looking for.

Also LAADDA, from their president: "Do you admire Blair [a black woman] for falling on her sword, I mean, banana to protect her meal ticket?”

Find a better source than a source that even conservatives have disavowed.

Try the second and third reference for more perspective. As for a better source, would the woke Gason approved message tickle your fancy.

https://www.laadda.com/2023/03/08/george-gascons-illegal-retaliation-costs-continue-to-add-up/

It has nothing to do with this topic.

Ya keep telling yourself that, like 7,000 lost jobs at Disney.

Edited by richravizza

(edited)
5 hours ago, richravizza said:

Other countries are not our America.

Indeed. 

According to GINI index  the US has more wealth and income inequality than any other wealthy western nation.

The US has a major political party dedicated to keeping it that way.

The US has more structural racism than any other wealthy western nation.

The same major political party is dedicated to keeping it that way.

The US has way way more guns per capita than any other wealthy western nation.

The US imprisons a greater % of its population  than any other nation.

Kind of a pattern there, don't you think?

Edited by kallend
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, richravizza said:

.For example, Ireland has very few prisoners because of a very low crime rates.

Except Ireland sits about in the middle for the world crime index. So if you are arguing that they have less prisoners per capita (no idea if that is true) than other countries, it most assuredly isn't because of low crime rates.

13 hours ago, richravizza said:

Mexico doesn't have a 2A, I believe a prohibition on firearms for its citizens. It don't stop the criminal.

Wrong again. Mexico has a constitutional right to own firearms.

19 hours ago, billvon said:

Sounds like he was exercising his right to free speech.

Sounds like the students were exercising their right to free speech.

Sounds like Stanford supported both of them.  Bravo Stanford.

If this upsets you, please tell us whose speech the government should suppress.

While I agree with your statement I have a problem with the stonewalling of ideas that are different.  How are we ever going to get anything accomplished?

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

While I agree with your statement I have a problem with the stonewalling of ideas that are different. 

I agree.  I'd prefer to hear him out first, and reserve shouting him down for him saying something really outrageous.  

How are we ever going to get anything accomplished?

I am not sure that having some judge give a speech at some college would have accomplished anything - whether or not he could be heard over the people shouting him down.  

I mean, you could say "how are we ever going to get anything accomplished if the right wing cancels Colin Kaepernick just because they disagree with him?" - but again, having one football player cancelled probably doesn't stop things from being accomplished out there in the real world.

15 hours ago, billvon said:

I am not sure that having some judge give a speech at some college would have accomplished anything - whether or not he could be heard over the people shouting him down.  

But it's not just one instance.  It's cumulative.  It happens everywhere.  And the 535 people who can impact it the most are the absolute worst offenders.

30 minutes ago, airdvr said:

But it's not just one instance.  It's cumulative.  It happens everywhere. 

No, it doesn't.  The reason you think it does is because of the pervasive media that surrounds you, that ignores the thousands of talks by unpopular people that happen at schools every day in favor of the single outrage-generating one.

Hi folks,

It is getting really crazy in Florida these days:  My biggest frustration is the way it is impacting my education. I am here to learn. I am not here to be more woke — whatever that is

A college in upheaval: War on 'woke' sparks fear in Florida | AP News

DeSantis thinks he is on a roll.

Jerry Baumchen

3 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

DeSantis thinks he is on a roll.

I've been watching his rise with some interest and a little alarm. Is he is extremist or is he just using extremism to curry favour to win the R nomination like Trump did? He did very well electorally in FL last November. Is it possible that his schtick could work for the national audience? 

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I've been watching his rise with some interest and a little alarm. Is he is extremist or is he just using extremism to curry favour to win the R nomination like Trump did? He did very well electorally in FL last November. Is it possible that his schtick could work for the national audience? 

Hi Ken,

Since he seems to have quite the support in Florida, I'm thinking there is something wrong with the water there.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Is he is extremist or is he just using extremism to curry favour to win the R nomination like Trump did?

I'm increasingly disinclined to allow any distance between those two positions. If you're willing to appeal to and align yourselves with Nazis in order to gain power, is there much practical difference in being a true believer? I say nah.

• Like 3

Remember Kid Rock?  How he just shot up a case of Bud Light because Bud Light dared use a trans spokesperson?  Fighting back against the Woke Menace with his manly weapons?

Here's a picture from 20 years ago, with him drinking Bud Light and performing with a trans singer.

As long as it benefits HIM it's fine.

kid_rock.jpg

• Like 2

Remember Kid Rock?  How he just shot up a case of Bud Light because Bud Light dared use a trans spokesperson?  Fighting back against the Woke Menace with his manly weapons?

Here's a picture from 20 years ago, with him drinking Bud Light and performing with a trans singer.

As long as it benefits HIM it's fine.

kid_rock.jpg

Hi Bill,

IMO, the hypocrisy in the entertainment world & the political world is only surpassed by the hypocrisy in the religious world. 

Jerry Baumchen

When will companies get it through their thick skulls that decent conservatives want to see white straight cis men in their ads and that's it!  All these trans and gay and black types that they are trying to shove down people's throats are going to lose them billions!  Only when gays, blacks, trannies and women are purged from advertising will the US be safe from the threat of diversity.  And if not - prepare to be cancelled for your woke madness!

12 hours ago, billvon said:

When will companies get it through their thick skulls that decent conservatives want to see white straight cis men in their ads and that's it!  All these trans and gay and black types that they are trying to shove down people's throats are going to lose them billions!  Only when gays, blacks, trannies and women are purged from advertising will the US be safe from the threat of diversity.  And if not - prepare to be cancelled for your woke madness!

Only if you don't drink Budweiser products though.

Oh wait, now they're losing a few million because the white wingers cancelled them.

Oh wait again! It a foreign owned company that some Americans still think is an American company.

Wait till they find out Chrysler Jeep Ram is the same situation. But Buy American! 

American ignorance is proudly displayed in these days.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

With the funniest part being the type of people that drink that stuff are not usually the ones 'in charge'.

But at least they are superior to the women, trannies, gays, libs and blacks.  And if a beer can makes them think they are not even superior to THOSE people - they are going to get very, very upset.