5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

(edited)
On 3/13/2023 at 3:49 PM, Slim King said:

Woke is a Joke .... It's 100% TRUE!!!!!!!! Now the woke banks are failing....

Dear Slim,I like the name.

They'll be fine... the woke have the money, the Power and the Glory, Amen.

Wonder if you get the impression as I do, That everyone hates you? LOL 
It's not that they simply think your wrong or mistaken, but that we are bad people, morally repugnant for having a different perspective.

I'm  supposed to bring presents when I post, so here's yours.I just realized this is four years old,Let me know if you have this one..I can exchange it  for another.

The backstory on this guy .... he's "A refugee from Canada."Sometimes fact is more outrageous than fiction. 

Edited by richravizza

(edited)
1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

I'm rapidly approaching the point where I can assume that anyone using "woke" as a pejorative is not a serious person at all and can be safely ignored. It's so embarrassingly lazy.

With all due respect, it is pejorative both societal and in this forum.  It's antithetical to truth, in so many ways.

Prejudice is lazy ignorance.Being woke requires just that, prejudice.Undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race gender or sexual preferences simultaneously discriminates others, base on the same criteria. I'm short on time,perhaps page one would be a good start point.
I should apologize to Winsor, He could a better job of explaining it.

We are Americans mutts,like a box of 101 chocolates.......you never know what you'll get, Professor.

Edited by richravizza

5 hours ago, mistercwood said:

I'm rapidly approaching the point where I can assume that anyone using "woke" as a pejorative is not a serious person at all and can be safely ignored. It's so embarrassingly lazy.

That's funny, the ONLY people I hear using 'woke' these days are the alt-right idiots, using it as a pejorative.

And no, I don't take them at all seriously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richravizza said:

Undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race gender or sexual preferences simultaneously discriminates others, base on the same criteria. 

Right, being woke is about recognising the undeserved benefit to some races and genders that is baked into the way society works.

The anti woke deny that it exists, because they enjoy being able to receive said benefit.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That's funny, the ONLY people I hear using 'woke' these days are the alt-right idiots, using it as a pejorative.

It is getting to be an all around catchall. Almost the equivalent but opposite of nazi.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richravizza said:

Prejudice is lazy ignorance.Being woke requires just that, prejudice.Undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race gender or sexual preferences simultaneously discriminates others, base on the same criteria.

Recognizing that their is undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race, gender or sexual preference means that .  . . . . you are woke.  You are alert to injustice in society. Good for you.

But now you have to answer the same question.  Now that you are woke - have you become a joke?

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Posting a PragerU video as an earnest rebuttal to my point about how embarrassingly lazy reactionaries are? This is extremely funny, no notes, please continue. :halo: 

Many black people are descended from slave owners. How do you think that happened?

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Many black people are descended from slave owners. How do you think that happened?

I didn't even watch the video, I was just mocking the source. While I'm sure they put out something that is factually correct by accident occasionally, PragerU are basically propaganda via pretty colours and shapes, so as not to too horribly tax their preferred audience's minds.

EDIT: And now I've watched it. Yup, we all know *exactly* how those bloodlines get started.... :E

Edited by mistercwood

How to break an anti-woke brain:

Author Bethany Mandel wrote a book on the evil woke indoctrination that is going on in this country.  During an interview to promote her book, Mandel claimed that "only seven percent of Americans consider themselves very liberal, and probably fewer consider themselves woke."

The interviewer then asked a simple question.  "What does that mean to you?  Would you mind defining 'woke' because this has come up a couple times, and I just want to make sure we are on the same page."

Now remember, this is a conservative who wrote a BOOK about woke indoctrination. 

Her answer:

"So  . . . I mean . . . woke is . . .sort of . . .  the idea that . . .uh . . .I . . .this is going to be one of those moments that goes viral . . .I mean, woke is something that is very hard to define, I spent an entire chapter defining it . . . it is sort of the understanding that we need to retotal . . totally reimagine and rean . .  re . . . reduce society in order to create hierarchies of oppression . . . um . . . sorry . . .it's hard to explain in a 15 second soundbite."  (At that point she had been trying to define it for 40 seconds.)

And there are a few possibilities for this unusual reply.

1) She's a moron, and can't even put basic concepts into words.  Unlikely, since she did just write a book.

2) She really has no idea what "woke" means.  "Reduce society to create hierarchies of oppression?"  That sounds like the word salad that Miss Teen South Carolina might give when asked about educational problems in America.  Again unlikely because she did write a book about it, and even a minimally intelligent author is going to have access to a dictionary.

3) (most likely) Because when she started to formulate her answer, the things that came to the front of her mind were things she couldn't say on the air.  
"Well, it's letting the gays have their own . . . can't say that.  Hmm.  And it's teaching people that blacks were oppressed in the past . . gonna look like a racist if I say that.  It's letting kids watch trans  .  . . . dang, the last interviewer hammered me on that because I said I liked M*A*S*H.  I can't give the real definition, because I'm not going to sell any books that way.  I need dog whistles!  But I can't think of any!  DAMN YOU INTERVIEWER!"

• Like 4

(edited)
On 3/15/2023 at 4:12 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

Not one "I agree" ? LOL

I'll bet you think the "Mind" video was right wing propaganda too.

It's all dogma from you,insistent. Baaa baa baaaa.

On 3/15/2023 at 3:52 PM, mistercwood said:

Posting a PragerU video as an earnest rebuttal to my point about how embarrassingly lazy reactionaries are? This is extremely funny, no notes, please continue. :halo: 

I posted this, 

"It's antithetical to truth, in so many ways.Prejudice is lazy ignorance.Being woke requires just that, prejudice.Undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race gender or sexual preferences simultaneously discriminates others, base on the same criteria. I'm short on time,perhaps page one would be a good start point.
I should apologize to Winsor, He could a better job of explaining it."

Funny..your response was is an emoji, and you didn't rebut anything,you simply made the same assertion of being lazy without going back to page one, references and all...LOL

I didn't know the source of the video, it was Not important.I was merely pointing out the truth in the American experiment.The irony of the politically correct, collective mindset, antithetical to the Professors truth. LOL 

Her reaction I found interesting not the similarities of Jesse and Bubba in their rejection of reality; But an Academic, an American rejecting their lineage and inherent Prestige in the idea of being One, of the First 101.

But you judged the book by it's cover and missed the point Completely, what was the word.... oh ya, projoritive.

The Note was;

"We are Americans Mutts,like a box of 101 chocolates.......you never know what you'll get, Professor."  Emoji back.

23 hours ago, Faicon9493 said:

Republicans seem to be saying "WOKE" with such glee.....like they had been given permission to say the N-word without consequences.

My military background as my mindset is based on a  first principle of Meritocracy.My first drill sergeant many moon ago is still a black man who I will always admire,my next two supervisors a black and a brown man,like that makes any difference.Men that would take a bullet for me,as well as I for them.

So keep that shit away from here!  Now you know how real Republican's handle shitheads like that.

Don't freak about the title: we all know there's going to be the few,the proud, the ignorant, racist..but not here.

Image,Apple firing a black woman for having an opinion.LOL They probably hired a rich white woman to toe their line.

Could you at least agree with me, Apple was wrong in firing their DIE deputy director?

Edited by richravizza
uncle BOB

(edited)
On 3/15/2023 at 4:55 AM, jakee said:

Right, being woke is about recognising the undeserved benefit to some races and genders that is baked into the way society works.

The anti woke deny that it exists, because they enjoy being able to receive said benefit.

Victims and oppressors.

Marx would be Proud of  You and his Professor. Strange how it all fits into the equation.

I hope we can agree. One of the best ways to help,shoulda coulda woulda be,an education for parents/children to have school choice but I've heard that is anti-woke too. Many Anti-Woke critics of unions believe that collective bargaining has created a tangled web of rules that keep public schools from being able to respond to the changing needs of students and that the bargaining process has influenced public education more than any other factor.

In other news,bus drivers and kitchen staff of LAUSD will be going on strike, rest assured, the teachers union will be joining in solidarity.  All praise Randi..

"The anti woke deny that it exists, because they enjoy being able to receive said benefit." 

Broken logic. What you know, just ain't so. I will not be participating in your struggle secessions.

The Anti-woke are not arrogant enough to assume to know how to arrange society in some vein attempt to make it equitable.You probably don't realize it but it's an old Left idea.The Soviet first principle of arrogance. 

I don't blame those that follow good intention,the appeal of their basic humanity.It's a pious claptrap. Subaru comes to mind LOL, Spread the Love, the way to do it is....buy our car. 

Edited by richravizza

21 minutes ago, richravizza said:

The Anti-woke are not arrogant enough to assume to know how to arrange society in some vein attempt to make it equitable.

Well, they actually are trying to rearrange society - violently.

US hate crimes continued alarming rise in 2021, FBI data shows

The number of US hate crimes increased again in 2021, continuing an alarming rise, according to FBI data released on Monday. . . .

Most of the victims – 64.5% – were targeted due to their race, ethnicity or ancestry. Another 16% were targeted over their sexual orientation, and 14% of cases involved religious bias, according to the FBI report.

Intimidation and assault made up the largest portion of cases, and 18 murders were also reported to be hate crimes.

Half of the religion cases targeted Jewish people, a finding that comes amid rising antisemitism, said the chief of staff at the Western States Center, Jill Garvey.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/14/us-hate-crimes-2021-fbi-data

37 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, they actually are trying to rearrange society - violently.

US hate crimes continued alarming rise in 2021, FBI data shows

The number of US hate crimes increased again in 2021, continuing an alarming rise, according to FBI data released on Monday. . . .

Most of the victims – 64.5% – were targeted due to their race, ethnicity or ancestry. Another 16% were targeted over their sexual orientation, and 14% of cases involved religious bias, according to the FBI report.

Intimidation and assault made up the largest portion of cases, and 18 murders were also reported to be hate crimes.

Half of the religion cases targeted Jewish people, a finding that comes amid rising antisemitism, said the chief of staff at the Western States Center, Jill Garvey.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/14/us-hate-crimes-2021-fbi-data

To Social Justice,I suppose. Since we have a hand on the scales of our society, ya we might as well go there too. Perhaps I'm off target or is your ultimate motivation, the current thing to remove hate from society.If so, I suppose that's a lofty admirable goal.

"Intimidation and assault made up the largest portion of cases, and 18 murders were also reported to be hate crimes."

An elderly Asian man recently murdered six people in cold blood, a Lunar new year party, how could he express any more hated than He did?  Word is those that survived were intimidated. I was hoping you'd have better source,and time frame, to give more perceptive. Considering technology, the ability, eagerness to report and the expanding definition it may support your claim. Unfortunately, Bubba didn't make the list.

I think a boat load of illegals just matched that fatality number in one day, just outside your sunset view. That body count,just a matter of perspective...... look a squirrel !!

I was hoping to get into the unintended consequence of woke in our military.Unfortunately I'm out of time and "out to" you know..Peace out.

6 hours ago, richravizza said:

An elderly Asian man recently murdered six people in cold blood, a Lunar new year party, how could he express any more hated than He did?  Word is those that survived were intimidated. I was hoping you'd have better source,and time frame, to give more perceptive. Considering technology, the ability, eagerness to report and the expanding definition it may support your claim. Unfortunately, Bubba didn't make the list.

I think a boat load of illegals just matched that fatality number in one day, just outside your sunset view. That body count,just a matter of perspective...... look a squirrel !!

So as long as there are minority miscreants, then "good people like you" don't have to do anything, is that it? Bullshit. If we're seeing an increase in hate crimes, then maybe we should look at that, and not focus first on whether every.single.potential.victim is as pure as the driven snow.

And, again, saying that boat people dying makes up for it is also bullshit. It's like saying that gun fatalities are more justifiable than car fatalities, because guns are a right, and cars are a privilege. It's complete and utter bullshit.

Wendy P.

• Like 4

Just now, wmw999 said:

So as long as there are minority miscreants, then "good people like you" don't have to do anything, is that it? Bullshit. If we're seeing an increase in hate crimes, then maybe we should look at that, and not focus first on whether every.single.potential.victim is as pure as the driven snow.

And, again, saying that boat people dying makes up for it is also bullshit. It's like saying that gun fatalities are more justifiable than car fatalities, because guns are a right, and cars are a privilege. It's complete and utter bullshit.

Wendy P.

I smoked my last bowl over 45 years ago. I think it took maybe a week before I realized how impossibly boring hard stoners can be. It's not complete and utter bullshit, it's complete and utter brain fog. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

I think a boat load of illegals just matched that fatality number in one day, just outside your sunset view. That body count,just a matter of perspective....

Bravo again for being alert to that sort of injustice.

But be careful.  Now that you are woke, the anti-wokers may be coming after YOU!

On 3/15/2023 at 4:55 AM, jakee said:
On 3/14/2023 at 11:30 PM, richravizza said:

Undeserved benefit to some because of arbitrary race gender or sexual preferences simultaneously discriminates others, base on the same criteria. 

Your definition of the 'undeserved benefactors" is 180 degree out from mine. You used an incomplete sentence of mine to make your point.An incomplete sentence is an incomplete thought.This leaves me to believe your ok with discrimination, as long as it's your type,or you're ok with ignoring it all together.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:07 AM, billvon said:

Bravo again for being alert to that sort of injustice.

But be careful.  Now that you are woke, the anti-wokers may be coming after YOU!

As it applies to your Sunset View, yes.I'm Awake.I was hoping to get past the gas lighting but since you keep using your projoritive "Anti"  I'll play the pejorative game. Woke is oblivious to consequence of their policies you know, the actual body count.

35 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Your definition of the 'undeserved benefactors" is 180 degree out from mine. 

I don’t think either of us has said anything about benefactors.

36 minutes ago, richravizza said:

You used an incomplete sentence of mine to make your point.An incomplete sentence is an incomplete thought.

I’m pretty sure the capital letter at the start and the full stop at the end makes it a complete sentence, but whatever. If you would like to complete a thought at any point that would be great, but I won’t hold my breath.

38 minutes ago, richravizza said:

This leaves me to believe your ok with discrimination, as long as it's your type,or you're ok with ignoring it all together.

Your own logic proves you are ok with discrimination. If you weren’t, you would be woke.