5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

PV have been exposed repeatedly for fabricating narratives, misrepresenting statements with false contexts, and even paying "witnesses" to say things on camera that are lies. They have no credibility whatsoever. None. Zero. You honestly should know better.

Note the disclaimer.

6 hours ago, winsor said:

Note the disclaimer.

Not good enough. They aren't a "biased" source, they flat out make shit up on the regular. The only people using them as a source are right-wing hacks - I may think you're in denial about still being an enlightened centrist, but I don't think you're a hack. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Not good enough. They aren't a "biased" source, they flat out make shit up on the regular. The only people using them as a source are right-wing hacks - I may think you're in denial about still being an enlightened centrist, but I don't think you're a hack. 

I linked the video referenced by a mainstream article as the basis of her firing.  It was apparently good enough for her employers.

15 minutes ago, winsor said:

I linked the video referenced by a mainstream article as the basis of her firing.  It was apparently good enough for her employers.

Her employers decided to cancel her left wing opinions? Makes sense, the right are always such snowflakes.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:54 AM, mistercwood said:

PV have been exposed repeatedly for fabricating narratives, misrepresenting statements with false contexts, and even paying "witnesses" to say things on camera that are lies. They have no credibility whatsoever. None. Zero. You honestly should know better.

I'm afraid that if they were to have a video of the Moon landing, I might then turn into a disbeliever. Their approach to "reporting" makes mockumentaries like "This is Spinal Tap" and "Housewives of New Jersey" seem like contenders for the Oscar for documentaries.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 3:17 AM, winsor said:

I've known too many people who would overstate their professional accomplishments to suit their perceived audience, and this person may well be doing just that.

Pfff, that’s nothing. I know some old white men who absolutely refuse to admit that being a white man has helped them along the way and all their achievements are theirs and theirs alone!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, winsor said:

I thought you were opposed to woke cancel culture.

Turns out maybe you are only opposed to people you agree with getting fired. Shocking.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, metalslug said:

It's been nearly two weeks since our last joke (although these advertised shirts are very real) and I expect we could all use some levity this month.NBMW.jpg.3182cd317ea6aec700f871786b29aafc.jpg

Ah, c'mon, you laughed a little bit. Right ?

Trying to catch up,

it's and upgrade from Oliver, he'll be Broke soon like Samantha Bee.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, lippy said:

John Oliver kicked off his new season last night with a show about CRT.  Youtube link to the CRT segment below for anybody interested who doesn't have HBO for the full episode.  

I figured its about time we had some jokes going with this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICp1vGlh_U

You actually thought that funny. I had to stop at "throw the whole book out" shit,skit. 

Sad, school choice inference as the problem, inferred as bigoted, and a contributing factor of failing schools..Choice and Parents are the problem...while State administrators figure out "how to teach it" LOL.

My concern for students is that some parents would be entertained and enlightened.

BINGO!! we have a winner. 

Damn, you beat me to my first duty assignment.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, brenthutch said:

Google Frankfurt School and Critical Theory 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:40 AM, BIGUN said:

OK. Aaaaand????

Now,that's funny.

47 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Enjoyed shorting Disney, seems their market cap has been cut in half since this thread was created, least it's not BLM broke.

yeah they gained like 120% in those anti-woke 12 months starting in March 2020. Now they are back in the ballpark they have been since 2015...clearly all to do with wokeness.

3 hours ago, richravizza said:

Enjoyed shorting Disney, seems their market cap has been cut in half since this thread was created, least it's not BLM broke.

Exactly!  Woke loses money and anti-woke makes it.  That's why Avatar 2 was the lowest earning movie ever, and Twitter's income is skyrocketing.

Right?

(Here's where you do the "well, of course I wouldn't know about that . . ." thing)

I love this.

Lavern Spicer, a recent GOP House candidate that lost, recently posted this, and it quickly became a rallying cry for the right:

=================
Shakespeare didn’t walk around putting pronouns in his plays.  That’s why they’re classics. Imagine if this dude wrote “My name is Macbeth and my pronouns are they/them”.
=================

I would say they are trolling, but it's more likely that they have simply never read MacBeth.  I mean, the VERY FIRST SCENE that MacBeth is in, he wonders if he can refer to someone as "she" because they have a beard. 

No wonder they love the poorly educated.

11 hours ago, billvon said:

I love this.

Lavern Spicer, a recent GOP House candidate that lost, recently posted this, and it quickly became a rallying cry for the right:

=================
Shakespeare didn’t walk around putting pronouns in his plays.  That’s why they’re classics. Imagine if this dude wrote “My name is Macbeth and my pronouns are they/them”.
=================

I would say they are trolling, but it's more likely that they have simply never read MacBeth.  I mean, the VERY FIRST SCENE that MacBeth is in, he wonders if he can refer to someone as "she" because they have a beard. 

No wonder they love the poorly educated.

It's pretty clear she's totally clueless about what Shakespeare actually wrote.

https://secondnexus.com/lavern-spicer-shakespeare-pronouns-factcheck?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1zvK1TS71npIoIb9-o3XV27_5Y5MlCtZ1Lx8HZLrsveCsGP_fxAneunAw#Echobox=1673999007

7 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The next thing you know they will be asking who the woke idiot is that puts rainbows up in the sky.

That's Woke Jesus, the one that encourages homelessness and tries to groom kids to be weak and compassionate.  Real Jesus would never put up with that gay nonsense.

Neal Stephenson explained this in one of his books.  He talks about Ameristan, where a new kind of Christianity develops.  This one burns crosses.  But they have nothing to do with the KKK - perish the thought! - THEIR burning crosses are all about how they don't believe the "deception" in the Bible that Jesus was an effeminate, leper-loving beta who let himself be crucified.  That he was crucified was a "conspiracy by the elites to keep people weak and pacified."  Real Jesus would never let that happen.  He just spent a lot of time kicking Roman ass and heading back to Heaven to see his dad whenever he wanted to.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, SkyDekker said:

Apparently Pink Floyd is going broke next:

image.png.49e5065859b22c92753fdb7a93b7eead.png

I would call the "anti-woke" brigade clueless, but that might get me in trouble.

Sure looks like none of those ‘fans’ ever bought the original album :rofl:

• Like 1

(edited)
On 1/20/2023 at 6:03 PM, SkyDekker said:

Apparently Pink Floyd is going broke next:

image.png.49e5065859b22c92753fdb7a93b7eead.png

I would call the "anti-woke" brigade clueless, but that might get me in trouble.

The album cover came from before the rainbow was synonymous with 'pride.'

I can understand why someone whose only exposure to rainbow flags was connected to taking a stance regarding sexual preference might assume that that was the message.

Similarly, any previous definitions of 'gay' have been eclipsed by its current usage.

I can understand why someone might recoil at the prospect of buying a ticket to a concert and finding themselves being 'educated' in one way or another - whether they agree with the position or not (or care one way or another, for that matter). 

As Frank Zappa put it, "Shut up 'n play yer guitar."

BSBD,

Winsor

Edited by winsor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, winsor said:

The album cover came from before the rainbow was synonymous with 'pride.'

I can understand why someone whose only exposure to rainbow flags was connected to taking a stance regarding sexual preference might assume that that was the message.

Similarly, any previous definitions of 'gay' have been eclipsed by its current usage.

I can understand why someone might recoil at the prospect of buying a ticket to a concert and finding themselves being 'educated' in one way or another - whether they agree with the position or not (or care one way or another, for that matter). 

Right - you can understand why a bunch of people are publically proclaiming they no longer like a band they didn't know anything about anyway, simply because they have made the baseless assumption that a picture on an album cover means they're going to be lectured at during a concert. 

You see where your devotion to culture wars has got you, right?

1 hour ago, winsor said:

As Frank Zappa put it, "Shut up 'n play yer guitar."

In this instance that is exactly what Pink Floyd were doing, and exactly what the Twitter morons were not doing... yet you have chosen to support the latter. Why don't you think Zappa's advice was worthwhile?

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

In the late 70's, rainbows were very popular as canopy patterns. I don't believe it was a statement in those days...

Wendy P.

My main objection to rainbow canopies is the difference in permeability between the colors.  It doesn't make as much difference on a 282 sf. 7 cell, but the higher the performance the more you want your flight characteristics to be symmetrical.