5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

Just now, brenthutch said:

If you know anything about anything you would know that answering a question with a question can be a very effective technique.  
‘How much money are they offering you?’

’Why do you ask?’

It doesn’t seem like you have ever been in a salary negotiation.

Lightyear,

Again, is the prospect of two girls kissing in a film really something you consider to be overly woke? What decade do you live in?

Wonder Woman,

Wonder Woman was an enormous success that is spawning more sequels and spinoffs.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

So you don't know what you're talking about, and you just blindly copied someone else's work because it supported your disgust over over seeing gay people represented on film.

I don't think he's motivated by prejudice, instead just by owning the libs. Not having actual beliefs, instead depending on others to provide the ones to be against, is kind of weird to me.

Wendy P.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, billvon said:

Agreed.  If supporting LGBT people "owned the libs" he'd change his avatar to the Pride flag.

Could be, but after two decades in a very masculine role as an Army Ranger he took on the very untraditional role of house dad. It seems plausible to me that identity issues may be driving his current persona. 

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I don't think he's motivated by prejudice, instead just by owning the libs. Not having actual beliefs, instead depending on others to provide the ones to be against, is kind of weird to me.

Wendy P.

Due to the magic of the killfile, I can only guess at what you're talking about.

One of the problems of objecting to the excesses of one side is that it is often assumed that this implies support of the other.

Extremists of any stripe tend to take on the trappings of religious zealots - in some cases they ARE religious zealots - and their TRUE BELIEF is the problem more than the side of the aisle to which they gravitate.

Pointing out that using hormone blockers and performing surgery on adolescents who are, as is typical of adolescents, unsure of quite what they are constitutes child abuse is is justifiably criminal is construed as being against LGBTQRST+/-..., which is not necessarily the case.

If an adult wants to surgically modify their body to be a Barbie Doll, a Space Alien or whatever, I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do so.  Doing this to a child is not okay (and I have to wonder who the hell came up with circumcision in the first place, as well).

When people say "Democrats are like this" or "Republicans are like that," I'm tempted to note that there may be the odd exception to either claim.

The definition of what constitutes a "moderate" differs depending on who you ask, but I'm not impressed by much of any extremists.

BSBD

Winsor

44 minutes ago, winsor said:

Pointing out that using hormone blockers and performing surgery on adolescents who are, as is typical of adolescents, unsure of quite what they are constitutes child abuse is is justifiably criminal is construed as being against LGBTQRST+/-..., which is not necessarily the case.

Well you've done nothing on here but demonstrate the complete respect you have for the LGBTQRST+/- community, so nobody would misconstrue your statements as being against them.

Isn't the point of hormone blockers precisely to offer a reversible alternative to surgery (or other irreversible interventions) until an adolescent has had more time to make a decision? 

2 hours ago, winsor said:

Pointing out that using hormone blockers and performing surgery on adolescents who are, as is typical of adolescents, unsure of quite what they are constitutes child abuse is is justifiably criminal

Are you circumcised?

2 hours ago, winsor said:

If an adult wants to surgically modify their body to be a Barbie Doll, a Space Alien or whatever, I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do so.  Doing this to a child is not okay (and I have to wonder who the hell came up with circumcision in the first place, as well).

Well there’s a total non sequitur. Going by Windsor’s logic of ‘what you always complain about is what you really are’….

1 minute ago, jakee said:

Well there’s a total non sequitur. Going by Windsor’s logic of ‘what you always complain about is what you really are’….

You guy's are all too deep for me, I just want to know if he's ever fantasized having sex with a man.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, SkyDekker said:

Wonder Woman had a budget of $120 to $150 million and a box office of $822.8 million. Net profit is estimated at approx. $250 million and it was in the top 10 for 2017 most valuable blockbusters.

Wrong Wonder Woman 

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/02/04/wonder-woman-1984-flops-despite-warnermedias-positive-spin/

“Wonder Woman 1984 reportedly cost $200 million to make, and sadly, it doesn’t look anywhere close to making that back or breaking even.”

52 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Wrong Wonder Woman 

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/02/04/wonder-woman-1984-flops-despite-warnermedias-positive-spin/

“Wonder Woman 1984 reportedly cost $200 million to make, and sadly, it doesn’t look anywhere close to making that back or breaking even.”

I guess you never noticed covid. It was the most popular streaming film of the year, and WB are happy enough with its performance that they’re making both a sequel and a spin-off as we speak.

And by the way, what exactly is ‘overly woke’ about it? Female lead characters? Is that the thing that’s a step too far for you?

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

I guess you never noticed covid. It was the most popular streaming film of the year, and WB are happy enough with its performance that they’re making both a sequel and a spin-off as we speak.

And by the way, what exactly is ‘overly woke’ about it? Female lead characters? Is that the thing that’s a step too far for you?

Ask Bill, according to him, having a gay actor or a positive portrayal of women or minorities constitutes ‘woke’

44 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Ask Bill, 

You brought up the film, you called it woke, I’m asking you. What is it you’re scared of saying?

46 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

according to him, having a gay actor or a positive portrayal of women or minorities constitutes ‘woke’

No, that’s according to you. You called Lightyear woke and that’s because it has two females kissing. You called Wonder Woman 1984 woke, and why is that except for the fact that it has a female lead character?

10 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

In case anyone was interested, here you can watch the literal split-second event that has caused bigots' brainworms to riot:

Are you shitting me? That? What a bunch of backwoods asshats. Time to ban France, I guess.

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Are you shitting me? That? What a bunch of backwoods asshats. 

They have to show solidarity with the governments of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and China et al. You know, the kind of government they really want.