5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Weird argument coming from a guy whose "tribe" cuts the foreskin off male babies and in some cases has a designated male suck it off the penile gland.

I so look forward to Winsor's learned reply. I was going to Google "who else sucks baby weenies" to get a head start, but maybe not.

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:
10 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Weird argument coming from a guy whose "tribe" cuts the foreskin off male babies and in some cases has a designated male suck it off the penile gland.

I so look forward to Winsor's learned reply. I was going to Google "who else sucks baby weenies" to get a head start, but maybe not.

How about just addressing the argument rather than attacking someone's race, color, sex, religion, and/or national origin?

Thought you guys understood how that all worked. . .

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

How about just addressing the argument rather than attacking someone's race, color, sex, religion, and/or national origin?

Let's see here, skydekker was referring to race, color, sex, and/or national origin, yes? O.K., I suppose you might point out that Jews are a race but then it's not universal and blood is the color red so that fit's too and boys are a sex, I suppose, so you win there and all parties involved surely have some national origin so that's another hit for team butt sore about religion. Still, you have to agree that the practice of (icky to say) makes Hillary's basement pizza parlor offense seem tame. Oh, and unlike the pizza parlor lies, this is true.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:
14 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Let's see here, skydekker was referring to race, color, sex, and/or national origin, yes? O.K., I suppose you might point out that Jews are a race but then it's not universal and blood is the color red so that fit's too and boys are a sex, I suppose, so you win there and all parties involved surely have some national origin so that's another hit for team butt sore about religion. Still, you have to agree that the practice of (icky to say) makes Hillary's basement pizza parlor offense seem tame. Oh, and unlike the pizza parlor lies, this is true.

How about just addressing the argument that got us here.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
5 minutes ago, Coreece said:

How about just addressing the argument that got us here.

How about not expanding the area of offense taking for shits and giggles? Skydekkers point was on point.

So when you said you'll be "traveling the world, seeing new things, meeting new people and just trying to enjoy my life" you meant that you'd be post whoring all day long within minutes of a post notification, without actually addressing arguments?

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

So when you said you'll be "traveling the world, seeing new things, meeting new people and just trying to enjoy my life" you meant that you'd be post whoring all day long within minutes of a post notification, without actually addressing arguments?

Dude, it's 8:00PM here, cocktail hour after a 10 hour day of fixing stuff and I'm cruising news while dinner is cooking. Truly, you need to get more comfortable in your skin. If you want me to continue responding to you stop with the insults.

58 minutes ago, Coreece said:

"I object to someone who sucks the foreskins off babies"

vs 

"I hate blacks"

Can you see any difference there?

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

"I object to someone who sucks the foreskins off babies"

vs 

"I hate blacks"

Can you see any difference there?

Lot of comments here about how Christianity is child abuse, is that also the same as "I hate blacks,"  or is there an underlying point to be made?

25 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Lot of comments here about how Christianity is child abuse, is that also the same as "I hate blacks,"

Priests having sex with underage children is child abuse.  That does not mean that all of Christianity is child abuse.

And yes, that's different than "I hate blacks."

Let's try this:

"OJ Simpson is a murderer"
"Blacks are all murderers."

Can you see the difference there?  I don't know how I can simplify it any further, but I can try if you like.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Lot of comments here about how Christianity is child abuse, is that also the same as "I hate blacks,"  or is there an underlying point to be made?

Christianity is a dogma based on a big lie. Does that mean Christians are liars?

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

Priests having sex with underage children is child abuse.  That does not mean that all of Christianity is child abuse.

Well that's an obvious case of deliberate child abuse.    I'm sure parents that decided to send their kid through gender re-assignment surgery felt they were doing what's best in the interest of the child, just as parents that sent their kids to Jesus Camp felt they were doing what's best.  People here tend to be a bit hyperbolic and have referred to both as "child abuse," and tho that may not necessarily be the case, it doesn't negate the underlying danger they're trying to point out.

Edited by Coreece

4 hours ago, billvon said:

And yes, that's different than "I hate blacks."

One important difference is you can't choose your skin colour. But religion, on the other hand...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kallend said:
9 hours ago, Coreece said:

How about just addressing the argument that got us here.

How about not weaseling out of something that you wish to avoid addressing.

We've discussed the excision of foreskins rather extensively in the past, and iirc many here wish their parents chose otherwise. 

12 hours ago, Coreece said:

Judge not, that ye be judged. For with what judgment, ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

Before you remove the mote from your brother's eye, see that you remove the beam from your own

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:
13 hours ago, Coreece said:

Judge not, that ye be judged. For with what judgment, ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

Before you remove the mote from your brother's eye, see that you remove the beam from your own

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her

Ok, so as a matter of public opinion, what does that have to do with discussing why transitioning your child may not be in their best interest?  Given the multiple attempts at deflection, I'll take it that most people here would agree.

48 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so as a matter of public opinion, what does that have to do with discussing why transitioning your child may not be in their best interest?  Given the multiple attempts at deflection, I'll take it that most people here would agree.

Given the demonstrable credulous nature of humanity, and the propensity of parents to indoctrinate their children in the most provably false belief systems, I'll certainly agree. 

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so as a matter of public opinion, what does that have to do with discussing why transitioning your child may not be in their best interest?

That wasn't what I was discussing. It was presented as being child abuse. I reacted to that since Winsor belongs to a tribe that forces actual child abuse as part of their culture.

Any decision made in conjunction with or for a child may not be in their best interest. You are a parent, I am sure you understand there is a very fine line between being supportive AND acting in the best interest of the child. When to seek out professional help, etc.

Each situation and each child is different. I certainly wouldn't agree that each child that wants to transition should transition, nor do I agree that no child should ever be allowed to transition. All the more reason to allow conversation, dialogue, communication and a network of experts to work through these things. Not just blanket prohibition.

Kind of like how we deal with circumcision as a society, just to bring it full circle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That wasn't what I was discussing. It was presented as being child abuse. I reacted to that since Winsor belongs to a tribe that forces actual child abuse as part of their culture.

Any decision made in conjunction with or for a child may not be in their best interest. You are a parent, I am sure you understand there is a very fine line between being supportive AND acting in the best interest of the child. When to seek out professional help, etc.

Each situation and each child is different. I certainly wouldn't agree that each child that wants to transition should transition, nor do I agree that no child should ever be allowed to transition. All the more reason to allow conversation, dialogue, communication and a network of experts to work through these things. Not just blanket prohibition.

Kind of like how we deal with circumcision as a society, just to bring it full circle.

I wasn't involved with any of the Mitzvot regarding foreskins, and really don't get the fixation during the Bronze Age.  The Tanakh mentions collecting foreskins of slain adversaries, which I agree is beyond icky.  Left ears are bad enough.

There are Mitzvot regarding the care and feeding of slaves as well.  Since I find the institution personally abhorrent, I freed all of my slaves years ago and gave each one $1.7 million and a great employment reference.

There are many way fucked up practices in various cultures, and I agree that 'respecting' them reflexively is lame.  The Children of Israel are, by any standard, one big, dysfunctional family - but you knew that already.

By no means does this make the vivisection of children okay.  If you turn 18 and want to pierce your eyeballs and have your penis split up the middle and have hieroglyphics tattooed over every inch of your skin, knock yourself out.

Jews are still kinda touchy about little kids being subjected to 'experiments' by licensed MDs some time back, but switching back and forth between 'male' and 'female' on the basis of a pubescent identity crisis is not okay by any means.

YMMV.

BSBD,

Winsor

7 hours ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so as a matter of public opinion, what does that have to do with discussing why transitioning your child may not be in their best interest?

It may be; it may not be.  That decision ultimately lies with the child and their parents.

• Like 3