5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

9 hours ago, kallend said:

They probably had a couple of examples like 'if Omar has 3 dollars and DaShawn has 5 dollars' and that was too much for the anti CRT snowflakes to deal with. 

On 4/17/2022 at 1:31 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi slug,

Just as bad.  Burning books IMO is never a good thing.

Jerry Baumchen

My library includes a pretty solid assortment of tomes with whose fundamentals I soundly disagree.  I do not fear that reading Mein Kampf will bring me into lock step with its ideology, nor will wading through The Book of Mormon make the tenets of LDS more palatable.

My experience is that people who burn books espousing other systems of belief all too often have never read (or understood) the core texts of their own.

Then again, it is unfair to expect rational though from a large part of the human race.

BSBD,

Winsor

5 hours ago, winsor said:

My library includes a pretty solid assortment of tomes with whose fundamentals I soundly disagree.  I do not fear that reading Mein Kampf will bring me into lock step with its ideology, nor will wading through The Book of Mormon make the tenets of LDS more palatable.

My experience is that people who burn books espousing other systems of belief all too often have never read (or understood) the core texts of their own.

Then again, it is unfair to expect rational though from a large part of the human race.

BSBD,

Winsor

Have you always acted rational?

10 minutes ago, winsor said:

If you can address content, fine.

If all you have is poison, that's on you.

The content was rational thought and expectations of rationality. Hence the question. Fine if you don't want to answer it.

Do find it interesting that you seem to feel that being asked if you are always rational is "poison".

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The content was rational thought and expectations of rationality. Hence the question. Fine if you don't want to answer it.

Do find it interesting that you seem to feel that being asked if you are always rational is "poison".

I phrased that badly.  

"Have you always acted rational?"  

With all due respect, wtf does that mean?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, winsor said:

I phrased that badly.  

"Have you always acted rational?"  

With all due respect, wtf does that mean?

You said this:

"Then again, it is unfair to expect rational though (sic) from a large part of the human race."

Made me wonder if you perceived yourself to be in the small part of the human race you expect rational thought from. If so, you can never have been irrational, since you don't strike me as a person who would ever admit to not living up to your own expectations.

Edited by SkyDekker

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You said this:

"Then again, it is unfair to expect rational though (sic) from a large part of the human race."

Made me wonder if you perceived yourself to be in the small part of the human race you expect rational thought from. If so, you can never have been irrational, since you don't strike me as a person who would ever admit to not living up to your own expectations.

You're projecting again.

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The market is “owning the libs.”  It is a cautionary tale of what happens when a CEO caves to the woke mob.

What is more likely to happen is that Florida tax payers are going to have to pay more, Disney will remain profitable and a Republican politician will have moved costs from a corporation to the public.

Not sure how anybody can support how Republicans stand for small government with these actions.

12 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

What is more likely to happen is that Florida tax payers are going to have to pay more, Disney will remain profitable and a Republican politician will have moved costs from a corporation to the public.

With Disney loosing its special status Republican politicians will be lining up to milk their newfound cash cow.

27 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Not sure how anybody can support how Republicans stand for small government with these actions.

Well, keep in mind that two very prominent republicans have recently said that no reasonable person should believe what they say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, keep in mind that two very prominent republicans have recently said that no reasonable person should believe what they say.

It’s not what they say it is what they do.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/04/20/desantis-disney-florida-bills/7383569001/

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2022/04/20/florida-senate-passes-desantis-plan-setting-stage-for-final-redistricting-vote-in-house/

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

That link specifically says that Florida Republicans are telling Disney to behave and support what Republicans want or they will be punished. 

Thank you for clarifying that this is behaviour you celebrate.

• Like 2