5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Turns out that it is easier for a white woman to get away with shoplifting, while you have at least one black man sitting in jail for life without parole....for shoplifting. But hey, equal opportunity and everything right.

Hedy got caught shoplifting twice and escaped any consequences....twice.

Your world apparently revolves around black vs. white.

Mine doesn't.

(edited)
5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Don’t forget the conservative vs. liberal moniker. Just remember, backwards and in heels. 
And of course men earn everything. The wives who adorn their arms and manage the social aspects of reaching the top, the children who are proof that they’re good at everything (wives have nothing to do with those children, of course). 

Wendy P. 

My corporate Vice President wife might take issue with that characterization.  (She is now on a conference call at nearly 10pm and I just finished the dishes)

Edited by brenthutch

5 hours ago, winsor said:

Your world apparently revolves around black vs. white.

Mine doesn't.

Spoken like an entitled white person. 

Like someone who inherits a fortune telling his working-class friend "why are you always talking about paying rent?  Just write a check.  How limited your worldview is.  It apparently revolves around money."  

Be very glad that you can ignore the whole issue and pretend it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Spoken like an entitled white person. 

Like someone who inherits a fortune telling his working-class friend "why are you always talking about paying rent?  Just write a check.  How limited your worldview is.  It apparently revolves around money."  

Be very glad that you can ignore the whole issue and pretend it doesn't matter.

Race only matters to racists.

The rest of us care about character.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, winsor said:

Race only matters to racists.

The rest of us care about character.

You are a fine man and a shining example for all. Unfortunately everyone else in the world is racist and at least part of the way that we all judge character is by the appearance of a person at first impression. It saddens me that I can not be the perfect person that you are. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You are a fine man and a shining example for all. Unfortunately everyone else in the world is racist and at least part of the way that we all judge character is by the appearance of a person at first impression. It saddens me that I can not be the perfect person that you are. 

Don’t forget gender-blind 

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

Tô continue: why do people think that they are the best judges of someone else’s experience? Are African-Americans really making it up when they say that they are more likely to be stopped for similar infractions than white people (backed up by data)? Are they making it up when they say that they are regularly followed in stores to make sure they’re not shoplifting? Are women making it up when they say that they don’t get asked to the titty bar and golf meetings? That in some jobs, the best way ahead is through the manager’s closed door?

Its easy to find that fault to eliminate someone; it’s also easy to find that good aspect. And it’s human that the discerned faults and shining attributes correlate with people we’re comfortable with. Which means it’s responsible to question ourselves  

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, wmw999 said:

HRC was one of the best in high school, one of the best in college, and one of the best in law school. Honors and recognition by faculty and peers at all three. As a woman in the early 1970’s, she had fewer opportunities, and decided to get married and focus on that. 
That’s not riding the coattails. Note I didn’t vote for her in 2016 — she’s too divisive, and that’s not what I want in a President. But she has worked her ass off all her life, and excelled whenever measured against people quantitatively. And, getting back to equity, a man with those academic qualifications would have had connections out the wazoo  

Wendy P.  

To continue this topic — Bill Clinton had the magnetic personality, but would never have gotten to the levels he did without Hillary’s counsel and guidance. If anything, he rode her coattails.

Edited by TriGirl
Adding more content
  • Like 3

(edited)
22 hours ago, gowlerk said:

This disgusting and inaccurate accusation has been repeated by the same poster in this forum several times. He appears to be obsessed with the woman's sex life for some reason. 

When you're threatened by women more powerful than yourself. Whats obvious to them comes to their minds.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

To continue this topic — Bill Clinton had the magnetic personality, but would never have gotten to the levels he did without Hillary’s counsel and guidance. If anything, he rode her coattails.

True.  But I think the scales tipped after Monica.  It was politically expedient to overlook certain things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Don’t forget gender-blind 

Wendy P. 

At work, yes.  In hiring I only care about results. 

If there is a stomp down gorgeous woman in my workplace, you shouldd likely address her as "doctor."

Regardless of who may or may not be interesting, a good rule of thumb is that you don't put your meat where you get your bread.

BSBD,

Winsor

28 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

These day's, especially in banking, organizations have more vice presidents than Carter has little liver pills. I guess that's good.

Except that maybe, just maybe, she also earned her vice presidency.

Wendy P.

4 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Hi Tri,

Re:  HRC was one of the best in high school, one of the best in college, and one of the best in law school. Honors and recognition by faculty and peers at all three.

From what I have read, she was also quite excellent US senator.  Also, IMO she was a very good Sec of State; she worked her butt off in that job.

She may be a polarizing person, but one should never discount her abilities.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Except that maybe, just maybe, she also earned her vice presidency.

Wendy P.

Don't know for sure, and it's not as bad as it used to be.

But I'd bet 'earning' the VP meant working twice as hard, a lot more hours, doing much better work than the men in the same position. (no sexual innuendo at all).