5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I didn't think the irony scale could peg out that far, but . . .

Andrew Sullivan 

So if you can somehow portray anything else as being anywhere nearly as fucked up as Woke that makes it okay?

I'm not supporting anything else in particular when I point out that Woke is pathologically fucked up.

I also find anything Trump to be nauseating, but that is a different thread.

BSBD,

Winsor

18 minutes ago, winsor said:

So if you can somehow portray anything else as being anywhere nearly as fucked up as Woke that makes it okay?

The irony lies in a gay Catholic man not realizing his own path made due to a "woke" movement.  

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Just like HRC and VP Harris. 

Why do you think they are the same as Jared and Ivanka?

Jared and Ivanka were born with silver spoons in their mouths and remained within their respective family businesses their entire careers so far. They entry into politics has been as grifters and when Daddy left, so did they.

How does that apply to the two women above?

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Why do you think they are the same as Jared and Ivanka?

Jared and Ivanka were born with silver spoons in their mouths and remained within their respective family businesses their entire careers so far. They entry into politics has been as grifters and when Daddy left, so did they.

How does that apply to the two women above?

HRC road Bill’s coattails and Harris traded sex with for political advantage.

image.jpeg.d098dd33406880d4e1400281ac937fb7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Harris traded sex with for political advantage.

A Republican Party staffer who has gotten in trouble in the past for social media posts promoted a debate watch party Wednesday by alleging Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris used sex to advance her career. 

“If there are any questions on how to sleep your way to the top, Kamala will have an advantage,” Best wrote.

His post included a meme that said, “She will be an inspiration to young girls by showing that if you sleep with the right powerfully connected men then you too can play second fiddle to a man with dementia. It’s basically a Cinderella story.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/07/gop-official-deletes-post-claiming-kamala-harris-used-sex-advance/5910790002/

6 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

A Republican Party staffer who has gotten in trouble in the past for social media posts promoted a debate watch party Wednesday by alleging Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris used sex to advance her career. 

“If there are any questions on how to sleep your way to the top, Kamala will have an advantage,” Best wrote.

His post included a meme that said, “She will be an inspiration to young girls by showing that if you sleep with the right powerfully connected men then you too can play second fiddle to a man with dementia. It’s basically a Cinderella story.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/07/gop-official-deletes-post-claiming-kamala-harris-used-sex-advance/5910790002/

This disgusting and inaccurate accusation has been repeated by the same poster in this forum several times. He appears to be obsessed with the woman's sex life for some reason. 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

HRC road Bill’s coattails and Harris traded sex with for political advantage

HRC was one of the best in high school, one of the best in college, and one of the best in law school. Honors and recognition by faculty and peers at all three. As a woman in the early 1970’s, she had fewer opportunities, and decided to get married and focus on that. 
That’s not riding the coattails. Note I didn’t vote for her in 2016 — she’s too divisive, and that’s not what I want in a President. But she has worked her ass off all her life, and excelled whenever measured against people quantitatively. And, getting back to equity, a man with those academic qualifications would have had connections out the wazoo  

Wendy P.  

47 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

HRC was one of the best in high school, one of the best in college, and one of the best in law school. Honors and recognition by faculty and peers at all three. As a woman in the early 1970’s, she had fewer opportunities, and decided to get married and focus on that. 
That’s not riding the coattails. Note I didn’t vote for her in 2016 — she’s too divisive, and that’s not what I want in a President. But she has worked her ass off all her life, and excelled whenever measured against people quantitatively. And, getting back to equity, a man with those academic qualifications would have had connections out the wazoo  

Wendy P.  

There are thousands of equally credentialed women, the reason SHE rose to prominence was whom she was married.  Condoleezza Rice OTOH, is a much better example of a self made woman.

19 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

How do you know this.

Because she's a woman; they are helpless on their own.  I mean, you never hear a person of BH's persuasion claiming that the only reason Mark Kelly was successful is that he married Gabby Giffords.

29 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

How do you know this. I am sure if Ms. Rice had been married to somebody famous, you would have equally dismissed her.

Don’t forget the conservative vs. liberal moniker. Just remember, backwards and in heels. 
And of course men earn everything. The wives who adorn their arms and manage the social aspects of reaching the top, the children who are proof that they’re good at everything (wives have nothing to do with those children, of course). 

Wendy P. 

8 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Don’t forget the conservative vs. liberal moniker. Just remember, backwards and in heels. 
And of course men earn everything. The wives who adorn their arms and manage the social aspects of reaching the top, the children who are proof that they’re good at everything (wives have nothing to do with those children, of course). 

Wendy P. 

Unfortunately, intellect is largely maternal as an inherited characteristic.  Thus you have very well to do men who land trophy wives without a lot of mental horsepower, and they generate good looking offspring without much in the way of brains.

Of course you have women like Hedy Lamarr, who was both one of the most stunning women who ever walked and one of the most brilliant minds as well.

I must have read somewhere that smart women are better in bed - and they're worth talking to later.

1 hour ago, winsor said:

Unfortunately, intellect is largely maternal as an inherited characteristic.  Thus you have very well to do men who land trophy wives without a lot of mental horsepower, and they generate good looking offspring without much in the way of brains.

Of course you have women like Hedy Lamarr, who was both one of the most stunning women who ever walked and one of the most brilliant minds as well.

I must have read somewhere that smart women are better in bed - and they're worth talking to later.

Turns out that it is easier for a white woman to get away with shoplifting, while you have at least one black man sitting in jail for life without parole....for shoplifting. But hey, equal opportunity and everything right.

Hedy got caught shoplifting twice and escaped any consequences....twice.