5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

On 11/29/2021 at 4:47 AM, winsor said:

WTF?  Are you trying to reinforce the concept that Woke is all about garbled thinking?

If so, you nailed it.

Just in case you were starting to think the behaviour you are exhibiting, the constant vitriolic attack, didn't have victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/28/us/minnesota-school-board-transgender-hate/index.html

15 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Just in case you were starting to think the behaviour you are exhibiting, the constant vitriolic attack, didn't have victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/28/us/minnesota-school-board-transgender-hate/index.html

You are lumping me into a group with which I don't begin to agree.

Just because I don't buy into the idea that if one 'self identifies' as something that makes it a reality does not mean that it becomes 'the truth' does not mean that I approve of bullying, ostracizing, shunning or any of the behaviors typical of the fundamentally insecure.

We have had people who described themselves as 'Engineers' because of their work assignments, but had to remove it from their business cards because they did not meet the legal definition.  Passing the P.E. exam became our sole criterion, even if one had a Ph.D. in the subject.

If a little kid from Guadalajara decides they are Swedish, so what?  Coming up with Lutefisk might be a problem, but I can't see it being that big of a deal otherwise.

Similarly, I don't see the problem if someone wants to otherwise live as something they are not.  A guy who sees himself as female may be treated as such as a courtesy, but demanding legal recognition as a 'woman' is something else altogether.

About the only time I had a problem with it was when one of our flight attendants decided to transition, and sued to have OUR INSURANCE COMPANY pay for the surgery.  The sexual preferences of our flight attendants was largely a matter of indifference, but when I'm expected to foot the bill I have a dog in the fight.

If the guy decided he was a kangaroo and paid for the transition, my only concern would be if he could still do his job - so long as he sprung for the 'work.'  Beyond that it is none of my concern.

I liked the treatment the Cheyenne gave Little Horse in the movie Little Big Man.  He wasn't a Brave and adopted a female role, but nobody really cared one way or another.

Thus, I suspect your claiming anger and hatred on my part is a matter of projection.  Maybe not.

BSBD,

Winsor

(edited)
9 hours ago, winsor said:

About the only time I had a problem with it was when one of our flight attendants decided to transition, and sued to have OUR INSURANCE COMPANY pay for the surgery.  The sexual preferences of our flight attendants was largely a matter of indifference, but when I'm expected to foot the bill I have a dog in the fight.

Gender identity and sexual preference are two separate things.

Edited by SkyDekker

Examples of Woke as a Disease of Denial are all too common.

Real injustice should be exposed and rooted out as a matter of course.  If we are to survive as a society, it will be due to unity rather than 'diversity' (E Pluribus Unum and all that).

That people should reflexively side with anything that fits their outlook can be useful for those who seek to capitalize on these preconceptions:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10289921/How-Jussie-Smolletts-lies-impacted-America.html

Unfortunately, this case did not pass the sniff test for a second.

What on Earth would possess a pair of people to be on the streets of Chicago at 02:00 and 20 F, wearing MAGA hats and carrying a symbolic noose and bleach?  I've known too many people who had the shit beaten out of them for being gay, and it wasn't pretty.

Why, after an attack, would the 'victim' not remove said noose immediately?  Also, people who use nooses in racist attacks generally don't use clothesline, and typically don't use them for dramatic effect.

What is the point of splashing bleach on someone?  People who throw chemicals in the faces of those they oppose rarely use anything safer than battery acid.  Throwing a drink in someone's face is closer to what Smollett claimed.

Shouting 'this is MAGA country' is akin to Jeffrey McDonald

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

claiming that the 'hippies' were saying things like 'acid is groovy' while murdering his family.  At the time it happed, the general consensus was WTF?  NOBODY talked like that at the time, though someone who'd spent the past few years overseas may have guessed wrong.

And so forth.

Smollett turns out to be a drama queen who tried to leverage this case to be a cause celebre, and to stay in the public eye while being written out of the show.  It did not turn out well for him, and the people who reflexively backed his beyond-suspicious account have yet to question their initial reactions.

'Twas ever thus.

BSBD,

Winsor

Why is it that Jussie Smollett, a single bad actor (and an official celebrity with a legitimate desire for publicity boot), is a representative of wokeness, and Dylan Roof, a single bad actor and not even a celebrity with a legitimate desire for publicity, isn’t a representative of the unwoke?

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Why is it that Jussie Smollett, a single bad actor (and an official celebrity with a legitimate desire for publicity boot), is a representative of wokeness, and Dylan Roof, a single bad actor and not even a celebrity with a legitimate desire for publicity, isn’t a representative of the unwoke?

Wendy P. 

For the same reason that burning down a christmas tree is an attack on the fabric of the country and democracy, but storming the seat of power under the urging of the outgoing president to try and usurp an election on Jan 6 is no big deal.

47 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Dylan Roof is a singularly evil human, who would have served humanity well by choking on a chicken bone in kindergarten.  I doubt if he gave much attention to the Woke ideology one way or another.

Jussie Smollett was banking on the fawning attention of the Woke in his attempt to leverage the publicity, and they bought into it hook, line and sinker.

5 hours ago, winsor said:

Dylan Roof is a singularly evil human, who would have served humanity well by choking on a chicken bone in kindergarten.  I doubt if he gave much attention to the Woke ideology one way or another.

Jussie Smollett was banking on the fawning attention of the Woke in his attempt to leverage the publicity, and they bought into it hook, line and sinker.

You have previously indicated that you don't trust the US justice system. Why are you now so sure they got it right?