5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

2 hours ago, lippy said:

Come on man, really?

Let me walk you through it.

You asked if I minced words about the Koran, which is a collection of sayings by a violent, illiterate pervert.

I elaborated on the fact that I do not, and asked if you spoke glowingly about a violent pedophile (Muhammad).

You then said "Just don't go accusing me of speaking glowingly of pedos" (a quick review shows I did no such thing).

My response to point out that you are unexpectedly touchy about the subject.

That's it.

Muslims try to explain away Muhammad marrying and bedding Aishe.  I don't buy it for a second.

Similarly, when Lot's daughters, who thought they were the last people on earth, used wine to get him to impregnate them, I don't buy it either.  It's been many decades since I touched the stuff, but as I recall if I was ambulatory and/or in any shape to impregnate anyone I would have picked up on the fact that it was a family member (I don't have any daughters).

And yes, I'll happily point out to a Rabbi that that particular Parsha leaves much to be desired.  Most of them have figured that much out.

Work on your reading comprehension.  When you object to an implication that wasn't made, that's on you and makes me wonder where the hell that came from..

BSBD,

Winsor

BSBD,

Winsor

1 hour ago, winsor said:

Let me walk you through it.

You asked if I minced words about the Koran, which is a collection of sayings by a violent, illiterate pervert.

I elaborated on the fact that I do not, and asked if you spoke glowingly about a violent pedophile (Muhammad).

You then said "Just don't go accusing me of speaking glowingly of pedos" (a quick review shows I did no such thing).

My response to point out that you are unexpectedly touchy about the subject.

Thank you for walking me through it, I was having problems keeping up.  

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Don't talk yourself down, you made it look so easy!

So, not really anything to do with wokeness apart from that it is supposedly part of the Democrat platform? Surely then this equally means that politicians who worship at the alter of wokeness will find themselves rewarded with victory at the midterms. 

In hindsight, it wasn't a very good burn, was it?

Open borders, wokeness, tax and spend…..in the military we called that a target rich environment.  I guess we will just have to see how it pans out in the midterms.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Open borders, wokeness, tax and spend…..in the military we called that a target rich environment.  I guess we will just have to see how it pans out in the midterms.

Have you only just started paying attention to politics in the last 2 years?

A little over a year ago, Stedfast Baptist Church opened up in a strip-mall about a mile from my house.  This summer I saw a bunch of people out in front of the church with rainbow flags and protest signs, and learned about the group No Hate in Hurst.  They're protesting the pastor of this church advocating killing gays...This isn't somebody twisting his words: he's said point blank that gays are against God's will and they should be killed.  ***This pastor took over for the previous pastor who shared similar viewpoints and had celebrated the Pulse nightclub shootings, but was relieved of his duties after being found in a hotel room with hookers and drugs (if that's your thing, party on but don't do so whilst condemning those who don't adhere to your high Christian standards).

So the group No Hate in Hurst started protesting these guys, got them designated a hate group and as a result they were evicted from their building; the church is currently appealing the eviction.

Would the OP consider these protestors mentally ill?  A Woke mob run amok?  Does this not count as 'woke' since it's not primarily a racial thing?  

Here's a video of this asshat in action: Pastor Shelly spreading the word of God

10 hours ago, lippy said:

A little over a year ago, Stedfast Baptist Church opened up in a strip-mall about a mile from my house.  This summer I saw a bunch of people out in front of the church with rainbow flags and protest signs, and learned about the group No Hate in Hurst.  They're protesting the pastor of this church advocating killing gays...This isn't somebody twisting his words: he's said point blank that gays are against God's will and they should be killed.  ***This pastor took over for the previous pastor who shared similar viewpoints and had celebrated the Pulse nightclub shootings, but was relieved of his duties after being found in a hotel room with hookers and drugs (if that's your thing, party on but don't do so whilst condemning those who don't adhere to your high Christian standards).

So the group No Hate in Hurst started protesting these guys, got them designated a hate group and as a result they were evicted from their building; the church is currently appealing the eviction.

Would the OP consider these protestors mentally ill?  A Woke mob run amok?  Does this not count as 'woke' since it's not primarily a racial thing?  

Here's a video of this asshat in action: Pastor Shelly spreading the word of God

In 1979, IIRC, I was hanging out in Boston with some liberal arts types from a Highly Regarded University.

One of them asked if my background in Chemistry, Ordnance and what have you could be applied to the fencing around Seabrook Nuclear Power Station, allowing protestors to storm the place.

I replied that it posed no problem from a technical standpoint, but was counterproductive in the long run.  News feed of protesters storming the facility would be seen by the body politic as violent criminals going up against a legitimate business, and would lower their overall support. 

If the point is to throw a wrench in "Nujke-you-ler" power, the way do do so is wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase, and very 'reasonably' imposing constraints that increased the cost to the point that the endeavor was unprofitable.

Three Mile Island allowed just such a scenario to unfold.  I think it was Clinton in Illinois and Seabrook in New Hampshire that were the last nuke power plants to come on line in the U.S..  By the time they were licensed, the cost had ballooned to 1,000% of initial estimates and nobody in their right mind was going to fund further nuke plants.

This brings us to your scenario.

I grew up in a town adjacent to Skokie Illinois, where Nazis were allowed to parade as supported by the ACLU.  Not a big fan of Nazis in general, I support the ACLU's stance, which denied the marchers the illusion of victimization on which they feed.

I find either subsets of the Cult of the Illiterate Psychopath Pervert or the Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie who wish death on homosexuals to be entirely abhorrent.  Having said that, rather than doing battle with them in a manner that emboldens them, I recommend quietly putting them out of business with as little fuss as possible.

A group of retards (otherwise reasonably intelligent people become retards when in a mob) marching for or against something does not make them Woke, and I may well agree with the points they think they are trying to make.

Woke pretty much encompasses a militant stance for various perceived 'justice' isms; I support equal rights and equal responsibilities, no more and no less.  Huge difference.

The protesters may or may not be mentally ill, though the people they oppose most certainly are both certifiable and pathologic.

BSBD,

Winsor

On 11/5/2021 at 6:01 PM, Phil1111 said:

You have a kindred soul with Aaron Rodgers also " a victim of a “woke mob” and “cancel culture.”

“I’m not some sort of anti-vax, flat-earther,” Rodgers said. “I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some sort of woke culture or crazed individuals who say you have to do something....

Rodgers said he did not want to take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines because he had an allergy to an ingredient in them...he was wary of the vaccines’ potential effects on fertility,...“Some of the rules are not based in science at all,” Rodgers said. “They’re based purely in trying to out and shame people..”

He also admitted to getting most of his advice from Joe Rogan and having taken  ivermectin

Is that Aaron Rodgers QB, MD, PhD, the eminent epidemiologist?

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Is that Aaron Rodgers QB, MD, PhD, the eminent epidemiologist?

Oh, come on Professor.

He did 'research'. He studied it all summer

Personally, I've studied football all summer.
I came to the conclusion that all of the interceptions & incomplete passes Rogers threw were with his right hand.

I think if he switched to throwing with his left hand, he wouldn't throw interceptions or incompletions.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh, come on Professor.

He did 'research'. He studied it all summer

Personally, I've studied football all summer.
I came to the conclusion that all of the interceptions & incomplete passes Rogers threw were with his right hand.

I think if he switched to throwing with his left hand, he wouldn't throw interceptions or incompletions.

Plus his fiancé eats clay and makes her own essential oils. How does that not make you immunized?

7 hours ago, winsor said:

In 1979, IIRC, I was hanging out in Boston with some liberal arts types from a Highly Regarded University.

One of them asked if my background in Chemistry, Ordnance and what have you could be applied to the fencing around Seabrook Nuclear Power Station, allowing protestors to storm the place.

I replied that it posed no problem from a technical standpoint, but was counterproductive in the long run.  News feed of protesters storming the facility would be seen by the body politic as violent criminals going up against a legitimate business, and would lower their overall support. 

If the point is to throw a wrench in "Nujke-you-ler" power, the way do do so is wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase, and very 'reasonably' imposing constraints that increased the cost to the point that the endeavor was unprofitable.

Three Mile Island allowed just such a scenario to unfold.  I think it was Clinton in Illinois and Seabrook in New Hampshire that were the last nuke power plants to come on line in the U.S..  By the time they were licensed, the cost had ballooned to 1,000% of initial estimates and nobody in their right mind was going to fund further nuke plants.

I grew up in a town adjacent to Skokie Illinois, where Nazis were allowed to parade as supported by the ACLU.  Not a big fan of Nazis in general, I support the ACLU's stance, which denied the marchers the illusion of victimization on which they feed.

I find either subsets of the Cult of the Illiterate Psychopath Pervert or the Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie who wish death on homosexuals to be entirely abhorrent.  Having said that, rather than doing battle with them in a manner that emboldens them, I recommend quietly putting them out of business with as little fuss as possible.

A group of retards (otherwise reasonably intelligent people become retards when in a mob) marching for or against something does not make them Woke, and I may well agree with the points they think they are trying to make.

Woke pretty much encompasses a militant stance for various perceived 'justice' isms; I support equal rights and equal responsibilities, no more and no less.  Huge difference.

The protesters may or may not be mentally ill, though the people they oppose most certainly are both certifiable and pathologic.

BSBD,

Winsor

Hi Winsor ( again ).

Re:  I grew up in a town adjacent to Skokie Illinois, where Nazis were allowed to parade as supported by the ACLU.  Not a big fan of Nazis in general, I support the ACLU's stance, which denied the marchers the illusion of victimization on which they feed.

I have been a member of the ACLU for more yrs than I can remember.  When they supported the Nazis marching in Skokie, I nearly came unglued.  Then I read about denied the marchers the illusion of victimization on which they feed.

I changed my mind & agreed with the position of the ACLU.

I say bring all of these dufusses into the light & see what they really are.

Jerry Baumchen

. "I think these people are all kind of nice people. I think they're very naive, and they're all into language and identity. And that's all right.  But they're not winning elections…..Some of these people need to go to a 'woke' detox center or something," Carville told Woodruff. "They're expressing a language that people just don't use, and there's backlash and a frustration at that."

If you won’t take my word for it ask the architect of Bill Clinton’s electoral victory.

11 hours ago, winsor said:

BSBD,

Winsor

Another rambling post but it seems your takeaway is that your definition of woke (remember, it’s the Fox News caricature version) is the be-all/end-all. 

32 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Like everything else; I just assumed you weren't paying attention. 

The fact that I disagree line and verse is not because I failed to consider your position, it’s because I considered it in detail and rejected it.

I’m cool with the fact that you reject mine.  It‘s a free country - more or less.

10 hours ago, winsor said:

it’s because I considered it in detail

No. No, you don't. You're no more an independent thinker than Kermit. Someone else is your mouthpiece while another animates your movements. You don't compile your own opinion from a multitude of sources; you throw one thing out there and point at it like it's the holy grail of thought .and when it gets no traction; you post the same thing again. You don't engage in discourse well, you just get louder.

You're opposed to "Woke" but you really don't even know the basic tenets of it. I have reflected on our conversations over the years and I truly don't remember you this rigid and never have I been such a poor judge of character.   With that; feel free to block me and I'll do the same for you. We'll get along much better that way and the noise ratio in here will go down. .  

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

No. No, you don't. You're no more an independent thinker than Kermit. Someone else is your mouthpiece while another animates your movements. You don't compile your own opinion from a multitude of sources; you throw one thing out there and point at it like it's the holy grail of thought .and when it gets no traction; you post the same thing again. You don't engage in discourse well, you just get louder.

You're opposed to "Woke" but you really don't even know the basic tenets of it. I have reflected on our conversations over the years and I truly don't remember you this rigid and never have I been such a poor judge of character.   With that; feel free to block me and I'll do the same for you. We'll get along much better that way and the noise ratio in here will go down. .  

Any totalitarian system worth its salt is based on the claim of moral high ground, which justifies the imposition of their will on others.  Excuses for evil include Manifest Destiny, the Dictatorship of the Proletariat, bringing Freedom to the Oppressed and what have you.

I do not presume to force people to think as do I, and I begrudge those who presume to do my thinking for me (be advised, I don't necessarily agree with everything I link - sometimes it is for counterpoint).

For reasons that don't interest me, you have responded to me with vitriol throughout the years.  That's your prerogative.  I can't imagine that your point was to sway my opinion ('gee, he thinks I'm a poopyhead - maybe he's right!'), any more than I expect to sway yours.

If you actually killfile me, fine.  What am I possibly losing - your measured and insightful responses?

BSBD.

Winsor

1 minute ago, winsor said:

Any totalitarian system worth its salt is based on the claim of moral high ground,

Therefore you believe anyone who claims moral high ground is also a totalitarian.

Which perfectly demonstrates the depth of consideration you have applied to woke thinking.