5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I think what Winsor meant is that his compatriots don't feel restricted by racism anymore.

Not really.

I am lucky enough to live and work in an environment where race, ethnicity, sexual preference and whatnot are no big deal.

Does it exist?  Sure.

Does it impact work, recreation, housing and the like?  Not particularly.

I have the luxury of avoiding people and places where people are all strung out about whether you're a Prot or a Catholic, an Huttu or Tutxi, Sunni or Shiite, Tibetan or Han, straight or gay or any of the more popular lines of demarcation.  I live, work and socialize with all of them, and can't see where putting racism or other divisiveness into the mix would improve anything.

YMMV.

BSBD,

Winsor

2 hours ago, billvon said:

And for him (and many others) that's a full stop.  No further consideration necessary.

You give yourself way too much credit, bless your heart.

No, when ideologies are put forth that support inequality, racism and injustice, they are considered in sufficient detail for evaluation - and rejected for cause.

Woke ideology is evil, line and verse, though the people who espouse it are under the delusion that it somehow has merit.

BSBD,

Winsor

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Not for you. Maybe others’ perception isn’t the same. 
Wendy P. 

Of course perceptions differ.  Anyone from Kansas can tell you that the Earth is flat and, topographically speaking, Kansas is flatter than a pancake.

Having seen the curvature of the Earth, I look at things a little differently.

7 hours ago, winsor said:

I am lucky enough to live and work in an environment where race, ethnicity, sexual preference and whatnot are no big deal.

Then why are you obsessed with it to the point where 'perseverating' on race relations accounts for around 90% of your posts this year?

Are you not the same guy who said people should ignore things that don't affect them?

4 hours ago, winsor said:

Having seen the curvature of the Earth, I look at things a little differently.

You have a kindred soul with Aaron Rodgers also " a victim of a “woke mob” and “cancel culture.”

“I’m not some sort of anti-vax, flat-earther,” Rodgers said. “I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some sort of woke culture or crazed individuals who say you have to do something....

Rodgers said he did not want to take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines because he had an allergy to an ingredient in them...he was wary of the vaccines’ potential effects on fertility,...“Some of the rules are not based in science at all,” Rodgers said. “They’re based purely in trying to out and shame people..”

He also admitted to getting most of his advice from Joe Rogan and having taken  ivermectin

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Here is a real victim of wokeness

Again, it's funny that you blame wokeness alone for any Democrat loss in any election.

I suppose that means you believe the American people prefer every other aspect of the Democrats policies over the Republican platform. Which personally I think is a very encouraging thought for the left.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Again, it's funny that you blame wokeness alone for any Democrat loss in any election.

I suppose that means you believe the American people prefer every other aspect of the Democrats policies over the Republican platform. Which personally I think is a very encouraging thought for the left.

No I have only attributed wokeness to TM’s loss.

10 hours ago, winsor said:

I have the luxury of avoiding people and places where people are all strung out about whether you're a Prot or a Catholic, an Huttu or Tutxi, Sunni or Shiite, Tibetan or Han, straight or gay or any of the more popular lines of demarcation.  I live, work and socialize with all of them, and can't see where putting racism or other divisiveness into the mix would improve anything.

Do you share your general opinion of the Koran as the manual for some sort of pedophile cult with your Sunni and Shiite friends?  Or do you smile to their face and then come talk shit about their religion on the dizzy dot comms?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lippy said:

Do you share your general opinion of the Koran as the manual for some sort of pedophile cult with your Sunni and Shiite friends?  Or do you smile to their face and then come talk shit about their religion on the dizzy dot comms?

If it comes up, I note that The Profit would have to register as a sex offender, and point out that he was personally one violent sonofabitch by any account.

I am also cool with noting the the Bronze Age family history of the Children of Israel is rife with serious misbehavior, and that the Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie has pretty sorry origins.

Mostly it only comes up with the atheists of various origins. Coworkers who come from different cultures but aren't given to superstition will discuss just how scary are True Believers of any stripe, and how seriously fucked up is their world view.

If someone asks, I'll answer.  I stay clear of those who are given to violence when confused.

Why do you ask?  Do you speak glowingly of violent pedophiles?

2 hours ago, lippy said:

Your ability to take gigantic leaps and arrive at incorrect conclusions never ceases to amaze.

Okay, so Muhammad married Aishe when she was 6 and 'consummated' when she was 9. That covers the pedophile part.

He also personally beheaded 600 Jews who failed to convert.  That fills in the violent psychopath part.

Do you think highly of someone who considers him a role model?

What part confuses you?

18 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No I have only attributed wokeness to TM’s loss.

"Yep, politicians who worship at the alter of “woke” will find themselves sacrificed on it come the midterms."

Again, it's nice to know you think the American people prefer every other aspect of Democrat policy.

28 minutes ago, jakee said:

"Yep, politicians who worship at the alter of “woke” will find themselves sacrificed on it come the midterms."

Again, it's nice to know you think the American people prefer every other aspect of Democrat policy.

It’s hard to attribute a loss in an election yet to happen, but when and if it does it will because of tax-n-spend, wokeness, mandates and open borders.  AKA the Democrat platform 

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s hard to attribute a loss in an election yet to happen,

Don't talk yourself down, you made it look so easy!

AKA the Democrat platform 

So, not really anything to do with wokeness apart from that it is supposedly part of the Democrat platform? Surely then this equally means that politicians who worship at the alter of wokeness will find themselves rewarded with victory at the midterms. 

In hindsight, it wasn't a very good burn, was it?