MisterCrash

Skydivingmovies.com is back!

All of you veterans will probably remember the time when we posted all of our movies on skydivingmovies.com. But somewhere in 2009 I guess the server crashed and there were no backups.

Since then I missed the website so much that I've now recreated it to my best ability. But I'll let PilotDave be the judge of that ;).

Officially the new site is hosted at skydivingmovies.org, but thanks to CraigPoxon you will also land there by typing skydivingmovies.com. Big thanks to him for pointing old links towards the new website.

Many of you are probably wondering why another skydivingmovies website when we allready have jointheteem?
Well, this website is database and community oriented. Everyone can contribute and searching videos should become an easy task.

It also has an algorithm based on view count, rating and comments to calculate what videos are most popular. This way you can keep posted on only the best of the best. You can also use the newsletter to subscribe to a specific category.

Why am I posting this here? I want to ask all of you guys to contribute to the website so we can make a massive database again with all of your skydive related videos. Become a member now!

PS: All feedback is welcome, just post your comment in this thread.

All speeding past collide and crashing, I'm in paradise.

No crash... just lost the free hosting. The server is still sitting in my basement, good as new. I have a backup of all the files and the database on another computer... Maybe I'll try to upload some of the gems. Good luck with the new site!

Dave

BrianLion

Awesome! Thank you. How about some kind of auto play feature? Where it plays the next related video automatically or lets you choose from a few related videos, instead of having to go back each time.

Yeah, this feature is on my TODO list. You will also be able to bulk select the kind of movies you searched for and auto play those. But this may take a while. I'm doing development in my spare time and am still looking for sponsors.

michalm21

I have tens, if not 100+ videos from the old site. Once I go through them I can upload too

I have a few in my collection. Every time I watch them I'm amazed at how low the encoding quality is. :P And we still used to burn through the bandwidth! 720p and HD have spoiled us.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Fantastic effort! The site looks great.

You may want to think about having a 'donate' button somewhere on the home page to help with the bandwidth costs.

I think the first skydiving video I ever watched was one of Phree's Year End ones from skydivingmovies.com.

dpreguy

Is there a source for the old movie "The Skydivers" WITHOUT THE WISECRACKING JERKS making stupid comments?

Black and white movie uh...60's or so

Mystery Science 2000 B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

dpreguy

Is there a source for the old movie "The Skydivers" WITHOUT THE WISECRACKING JERKS making stupid comments?

Black and white movie uh...60's or so

https://skydivingmovies.org/videos/skydivers.

If anyone is interested, here's the info for all videos that were on the old SkydivingMovies.com:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16jZw7ea9WwCwhHAr0xY0UTWZnBfWsunhl9RWD5JTFKU/edit?usp=sharing

I can't guarantee I'll upload all of them to the new site, and some are in formats that youtube won't accept, but let me know if there are any specific requests.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a couple of requests. I'm still getting traffic from posts on dz.com and want to provide the people with the old videos. Would you mind uploading the following?

• roger_nelson.wmv

• 0208.wmv

• yotmb.wmv

• OLN_Fearless.wmv

• mccordia_herc2004_trailer.wmv

• Exit1.mpg

• plffast.wmv

• jeb_demo-big.WMV

Whenever you got some spare time, no rush :)