2 2
brenthutch

Speakers Corner

spacer.png

Part of the trump/GOP and blind-intellectually challenged followers playbook. Spread it around, perhaps some will stick. Perhaps the smell will distract. Even if you're not downwind, play the victim.

Sorry if your fake news, disinformation and anti-science playbook doesn't get the response here you want. The US is number two after India for fake news, disinformation, etc. among all countries. I know the GOP always aim for number one

(edited)

Lmfao, Thanks Brent

The wife and I caught our first Movie in theater, in like 2 yrs.She chose "the quiet". How Ironic. Quite a realistic manifestation of the tolerant left.I wish they had make the characters Catholic, with our resident aliens burn down churches.

I can't post at work getting 500 codes not a computer guy so just assume the powers that be....Think I'm the bots that got Trump elected.

Edited by richravizza

On 7/6/2021 at 3:51 AM, Phil1111 said:

Part of the trump/GOP and blind-intellectually challenged followers playbook. Spread it around, perhaps some will stick. Perhaps the smell will distract. Even if you're not downwind, play the victim.

Sorry if your fake news, disinformation and anti-science playbook doesn't get the response here you want. The US is number two after India for fake news, disinformation, etc. among all countries. I know the GOP always aim for number one

Mayor of LA,and member of the self proclaimed party of science mandated masks tomorrow for the  vaccinated,  a party of science and Poverty. Please stop with all your projection your slinging around. After four years,I'm sure Its a hard habit to break.

That LA Mayor was just nominated as a possible Ambassador to India, because he knows so much about poverty and science. Thanks Mr.Biden.

I'm sure you don't count your Pravda like CNN MSLSD, Washington Compost and mashable Vox ect..because them knuckle dragging Nascar driving, idiot frump supporting, God loving rednecks tried to lynch Bubba and Jesse.

21 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Mayor of LA,and member of the self proclaimed party of science mandated masks tomorrow for the  vaccinated,

Yep.  The vaccines aren't as effective against the Delta variant - which is now the #1 variant in the US.  And of course Trump supporters are refusing the "Fauci vaccine" to show their support for Trump and the GOP, so infection rates are increasing.

Want to avoid masking (and potentially another shutdown?)  Convince your conservative friends to get vaccinated, so we can wipe out this pandemic before the next variant gets a foothold.

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  The vaccines aren't as effective against the Delta variant - which is now the #1 variant in the US.  And of course Trump supporters are refusing the "Fauci vaccine" to show their support for Trump and the GOP, so infection rates are increasing.

Want to avoid masking (and potentially another shutdown?)  Convince your conservative friends to get vaccinated, so we can wipe out this pandemic before the next variant gets a foothold.

Hi Bill,

Re:  Trump supporters are refusing the "Fauci vaccine" to show their support for Trump

Another thing that I find very strange.  Both Trump & Pence were vax'd while still in office.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
10 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

Re:  Trump supporters are refusing the "Fauci vaccine" to show their support for Trump

Another thing that I find very strange.  Both Trump & Pence were vax'd while still in office.

Jerry Baumchen

Hypocrisy in the Trump administration?:$

Say it isn't so!

You know, looking back at the film "Idiocracy"(2006), it's biggest flaw was that it portrayed the idiots as way too rational.

Edited by ryoder

25 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

Jerry Baumchen

Also funny that at the recent CPAC Trump was bragging about the vaccine and whining that he was not getting enough credit for it.

(edited)

Bill your Political ideology on this issue smells like obedience over science. Your making me depressed with your line of thinking reasoning and logic...Shall we go thru the greek, latin and Hebrew alphabets next? 

It Not the Variant, it's the Unvaccinated, the Voter base  of SoCal, publicly educated people, that believe doing the same thing over and over will yield a different result.

I don't have any "Conservative friends" that aren't vaccinated. I hope  you can say the same.

I thought you grew up questioning, hating the man, guess times change.

If everyone in your sphere is vaccinated, will you be wearing a mask ?

I won't.

Edited by richravizza
i won't

40 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Bill your Political ideology on this issue smells like obedience over science. Your making me depressed with your line of thinking reasoning and logic...

Then you're in line with your ideological friends"

"A new Gallup poll reveals that, in 2021, just 45 percent of Republicans report having a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in science, compared to 72 percent of Republicans in 1975. Democrats and independents have remained largely confident in science as an institution over the years, shifting from 67 percent to 79 percent, and 73 percent to 65 percent, respectively, between 1975 and 2021, per Gallup."

There are pills you can take for your depression.

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Then you're in line with your ideological friends"

"A new Gallup poll reveals that, in 2021, just 45 percent of Republicans report having a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in science, compared to 72 percent of Republicans in 1975. Democrats and independents have remained largely confident in science as an institution over the years, shifting from 67 percent to 79 percent, and 73 percent to 65 percent, respectively, between 1975 and 2021, per Gallup."

There are pills you can take for your depression.

Hi Phil,

Re:   in 2021, just 45 percent of Republicans report having a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in science, compared to 72 percent of Republicans in 1975

I switched my registration from Dem to GOP in late '67.  40 yrs later, I switched to Ind.

I have always said that I did not leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

The quote above is a perfect example of that.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

If everyone in your sphere is vaccinated, will you be wearing a mask?

Not with my friends, but if I go into a crowded public place where I don’t know the people, very possibly. Already have a few times. 
Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, richravizza said:

Mayor of LA,and member of the self proclaimed party of science mandated masks tomorrow for the  vaccinated,  

People who are not vaccinated refuse to wear masks, so it is back to masks for everyone.   I doubt that all of the patrons at the lumber yard today were vaccinated -- I was the only one wearing a mask.

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

Bill your Political ideology on this issue smells like obedience over science. Your making me depressed with your line of thinking reasoning and logic.

You mean:

COVID-19 has killed a lot of people
Vaccinations help prevent infection
Masks help prevent infection in people who refuse to be vaccinated
Therefore if people are not getting vaccinated, we may have to fall back on masking to reduce deaths

If there's something in that line of reasoning that is confusing, let me know what you're confused by.

It Not the Variant, it's the Unvaccinated, the Voter base  of SoCal, publicly educated people, that believe doing the same thing over and over will yield a different result.

It's actually the GOP, and specifically Trump supporters, who are not getting vaccinated.  93% of democrats are either vaccinated or plan to get vaccinated.  For republicans, it's 47%.  I don't know where they were educated, but I have a feeling they are going with FOX News (who recently recommended no one under 30 years old get vaccinated) over any education they've gotten.

I don't have any "Conservative friends" that aren't vaccinated. I hope  you can say the same.

I have one friend who didn't get vaccinated.  She couldn't; she was going through chemo.  Does that give you a feeling of superiority?

I thought you grew up questioning, hating the man, guess times change.

"The man?"  Anyone who hates "the man" is an idiot.  Sorry.

If everyone in your sphere is vaccinated, will you be wearing a mask ?

Yep.  But unfortunately in public areas I can't guarantee that.  And the health of my children overrides your political "no-mask" agenda.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Re:   in 2021, just 45 percent of Republicans report having a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in science, compared to 72 percent of Republicans in 1975

I switched my registration from Dem to GOP in late '67.  40 yrs later, I switched to Ind.

I have always said that I did not leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

The quote above is a perfect example of that.

Jerry Baumchen

Here is a good article that explains the right and how loyalty to the right, a disdain for experts or others in authority telling them what to think. Combines with culture war identity to define them.

"Why isn’t the right more afraid of COVID-19?  Its from the Harvard Gazette last fall.“One of the things we know from studies about how people respond to news is that nobody likes science or empiricism when it conflicts with their deeply held views. What’s happening now is that this crisis is locked into science and partisanship in a way that really strikes at the heart of the Republican Party as it’s currently constituted,” said Tom Nichols, a political scientist who teaches at Harvard Extension School and the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, R.I."

“It is simply a commitment to a way of viewing the world and viewing a leader that ‘I’ve’ chosen to follow. In that sense, when I start to hear in the media that maybe Trump is not actually looking out for me and his promises about when a vaccine would be delivered aren’t coming true, and when he said the virus wasn’t a big deal and I believed that, it’s too threatening to think that I was lied to and that I, myself, believed him and talked to others about my beliefs,” she said. “And so instead, I’m going to find news sources online that will keep allowing me to say, ‘Trump is my guy and he is looking out for me."

Sounds like many right wing SC people that will search the four corners of the interwebs to find supporting "facts".

6 hours ago, richravizza said:

I don't have any "Conservative friends" that aren't vaccinated. I hope  you can say the same.

I 'd be surprised if a single person in the country could honestly say that all of their Conservative friends and acquaintances are vaccinated. 

Vaccine refusal by conservatives in the US is a huge problem, and your denial of that is simply a denial of reality.

I will say that anti-vax sentiment among liberals predates that among conservatives (remember those measles outbreaks). And it exists among some alternate health communities, as well (homeopathy, etc). One of our local (well-off, VERY liberal) towns has a very low vaccine rate, in large part because of that.

My sister-in-law who's on the health board says that the crazies on the left and the crazies on the right are wrapping themselves around this issue to meet.

Wendy P.

10 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I will say that anti-vax sentiment among liberals predates that among conservatives (remember those measles outbreaks). And it exists among some alternate health communities, as well (homeopathy, etc). One of our local (well-off, VERY liberal) towns has a very low vaccine rate, in large part because of that.

Yep, liberals were first to this antivax idiocy. Same here in my area. Funny how crazies on the right are trying to catch up on this.

Despite RonD's beliefs, at least he and those around him got vaccinated...