4 4
maioh

Full Face Helmet

Hello,

I just had my first jump at 18,000 ft last Saturday 06/26/2021. Unfortunately, the wind was quite strong that day. I had difficulty concentrating on my beautiful surrounding. My eardrum was hurting so bad that it felt like will pop out. The wind was also stretching my face and ears. i have signed up for another 18k drop. Is it okay if I wear a full face helmet to protect my eardrum from the wind. My drop zone was in Lompoc,CA and they did have a weather advisory that day because of the wind.

Sounds like you are a tandem student. I doubt that you will be allowed to wear any type of hard shell helmet, open or closed face, on your jump. Check with your DZ as main point of contact, though. BTW it's unlikely that the wind was the root cause of your bad ear - you may just have a dodgy ear drum or have had a recent cold/ear infection. The pressure on a jump does some weird things to ears/sinuses in certain situations.