winsor

"Anti"

I am struck by how "Anti" fascists' tactics are those of the Brown Shirts, and "Anti" racists are every bit as egalitarian as the Klan.

Any time I encounter an "Anti" organization I suspect conflict of interest (COI) of some sort.

If, for example, I am an exorcist, my livelihood is dependent upon finding demons, if my job is to uphold Truth, Justice and the American Way I need to find subversion everywhere.

It is my observation that nobody thinks of themselves as evil.  Heinrich Himmler described himself as a "simple policeman" (no need to thank me, just doing my job...).  It thus strikes me that the current crop of Social Justice Warriors is no better or worse than the rabid ideologues who came before them, all of them fueled by self-righteous zeal.  

I do not seek to do battle with any of them; quite the contrary, I greatly prefer to stay as far from fanatics of any stripe as I can manage.  The best way to survive a Pogrom is to be somewhere else.  The trick is to know where that is and how to get there.

BSBD,

Winsor

(edited)
17 hours ago, winsor said:

I am struck by how "Anti" fascists' tactics are those of the Brown Shirts, and "Anti" racists are every bit as egalitarian as the Klan.

Any time I encounter an "Anti" organization I suspect conflict of interest (COI) of some sort.

If, for example, I am an exorcist, my livelihood is dependent upon finding demons, if my job is to uphold Truth, Justice and the American Way I need to find subversion everywhere.

It is my observation that nobody thinks of themselves as evil.  Heinrich Himmler described himself as a "simple policeman" (no need to thank me, just doing my job...).  It thus strikes me that the current crop of Social Justice Warriors is no better or worse than the rabid ideologues who came before them, all of them fueled by self-righteous zeal.  

I do not seek to do battle with any of them; quite the contrary, I greatly prefer to stay as far from fanatics of any stripe as I can manage.  The best way to survive a Pogrom is to be somewhere else.  The trick is to know where that is and how to get there.

BSBD,

Winsor

Amen! My wife and I have chosen the Pella alternative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_to_Pella

Edited by RonD1120
clarification

On 7/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, winsor said:

BSBD,

Winsor

And the Anti-Defamation League whips up anti-Semitism to keep itself alive?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, winsor said:

Hey, it's job security.

and doctors need diseases to keep themselves employed, etc etc.

...and you're the only one who genuinely does their job to help people, right? The only one. Everyone else just cares about money right? Because you're special. Very special.

/s 9_9

On 7/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, winsor said:

I am struck by how "Anti" fascists'....  The trick is to know where that is and how to get there.

BSBD,

Winsor

11 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Brent is out!

10 hours ago, winsor said:

Hey, it's job security.

2 hours ago, olofscience said:

and doctors need diseases to keep themselves employed, etc etc.

...and you're the only one who genuinely does their job to help people, right? The only one. Everyone else just cares about money right? Because you're special. Very special.

/s 9_9

Windsor is the new leader and chief. Best troll in SC. Sorry Brent.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, SkyDekker said:

I don't thing anti-Semitism needs much stoking to keep the Anti-Defamation League in business.

The March of Dimes was originally focused on ending Polio.  I still recall heartbreaking pictures of adorable kids with braces and crutches imploring people to help (though a classmate so afflicted was given to use his crutches the way a rogue cop would use his PR-24).

When Salk and Sabin produced effective vaccines, the March of Dimes scrambled to find a way to keep their moneymaking juggernaut in business.  After some searching, they settled on Birth Defects, and now have a cause that is unlikely to go away ever.

Dead heroes are preferred to live ones, since they can't do or say anything to besmirch their image.  Greg ('Pappy') Boyington was given the Medal of Honor after his Corsair plunged into the Pacific with no parachute observed and he was declared dead.  When he emerged alive from a Japanese POW camp (smoke from his engine blocked the view of his canopy, after he kicked the stick forward and he hit the water seconds after his airplane), the Navy freaked.  They tried to downplay his penchant for drunken violence, but eventually cashiered him.  He was supposedly sober when I met him, but still very much of a prick.

The Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie had their perfect hero in someone who supposedly came back to life (but nobody cold find).  Gen'l Sheridan, when introduced to a 'good Indian' said "the only good Indians I know are dead," and the Roman's view that the only good Jew is a dead Jew worked perfectly for their chosen hero,- who they promoted to 'god' in keeping with their literary tradition.

Co-opting Messianic Judaism as a Universal Religion meant distancing their hero from his culture.  Any accounts of his very existence were written on a different continent, in languages he wouldn't likely understand, by people with no working knowledge of his culture and traditions, and writings directed at an audience that had put him to death in the first place.

Historically the Church supposedly revered a dead Jew but in practice reviled the live ones, and all too often turned the live ones into dead ones.  Nothing personal.

Thus, the Anti-Defamation League has a limitless wellspring of anti-Semitism with which to contend.

Keeping a low profile is generally the best defense, akin to Reform Judaism being a response to Napoleon's offer of citizenship to Jews who assimilated.  This is unfortunately of limited utility; I lived but a few kilometers from a site where French Jews were gathered by the Police before being 'Sent East.'

As far as ending anti-Semitism?  Good luck with that.

BSBD,

Winsor

2 hours ago, winsor said:

Keeping a low profile is generally the best defense . . .

Yet they sorta . . . you know . . . created a whole new country from other people's land.  (And fun fact - it was Stalin's recognition of their new homeland that cemented their claim.)  Would you have counseled them to avoid doing that, so as to keep a low profile and not draw the ire of the other countries of the world?

8 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yet they sorta . . . you know . . . created a whole new country from other people's land.  (And fun fact - it was Stalin's recognition of their new homeland that cemented their claim.)  Would you have counseled them to avoid doing that, so as to keep a low profile and not draw the ire of the other countries of the world?

Since you do not appear to include being a student of History amongst your interests, I will let the oversimplification the origins of the State of Israel stand.  I mean, that's the way it is - as far as you can tell.  If you equally criticized such things as, oh, Crimea or Tibet, maybe your point might carry some weight.

The Balfour Declaration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration resulting from the work of Chaim Weizmann https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Weizmann et al. resulted in the redistribution of land that had been reacquired repeatedly over the course of history.

Since I was young at the time, they forgot to ask my opinion.

BSBD,

Winsor

6 hours ago, winsor said:

Thus, the Anti-Defamation League has a limitless wellspring of anti-Semitism with which to contend.

Ending racism though? Fuggedaboutit, it was a doddle. No-one's racist anymore, just ask me!

17 hours ago, winsor said:

Since you do not appear to include being a student of History amongst your interests, I will let the oversimplification the origins of the State of Israel stand.  I mean, that's the way it is - as far as you can tell.  If you equally criticized such things as, oh, Crimea or Tibet, maybe your point might carry some weight.

The Balfour Declaration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration resulting from the work of Chaim Weizmann https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Weizmann et al. resulted in the redistribution of land that had been reacquired repeatedly over the course of history.

BSBD,

Winsor

I'm surprised that they didn't ask your opinion! An acknowledged student of history. With a deep knowledge of psychology, anthropology and social conduct. Your cynicism is only matched by your deep intellect.

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I'm surprised that they didn't ask your opinion! An acknowledged student of history. With a deep knowledge of psychology, anthropology and social conduct. Your cynicism is only matched by your deep intellect.

Better luck next time, eh?

On 7/15/2021 at 7:19 AM, winsor said:

I don't thing anti-Semitism needs much stoking to keep the Anti-Defamation League in business.

The March of Dimes was originally focused on ending Polio.  I still recall heartbreaking pictures of adorable kids with braces and crutches imploring people to help (though a classmate so afflicted was given to use his crutches the way a rogue cop would use his PR-24).

When Salk and Sabin produced effective vaccines, the March of Dimes scrambled to find a way to keep their moneymaking juggernaut in business.  After some searching, they settled on Birth Defects, and now have a cause that is unlikely to go away ever.

Dead heroes are preferred to live ones, since they can't do or say anything to besmirch their image.  Greg ('Pappy') Boyington was given the Medal of Honor after his Corsair plunged into the Pacific with no parachute observed and he was declared dead.  When he emerged alive from a Japanese POW camp (smoke from his engine blocked the view of his canopy, after he kicked the stick forward and he hit the water seconds after his airplane), the Navy freaked.  They tried to downplay his penchant for drunken violence, but eventually cashiered him.  He was supposedly sober when I met him, but still very much of a prick.

The Cult of the Magic Jewish Zombie had their perfect hero in someone who supposedly came back to life (but nobody cold find).  Gen'l Sheridan, when introduced to a 'good Indian' said "the only good Indians I know are dead," and the Roman's view that the only good Jew is a dead Jew worked perfectly for their chosen hero,- who they promoted to 'god' in keeping with their literary tradition.

Co-opting Messianic Judaism as a Universal Religion meant distancing their hero from his culture.  Any accounts of his very existence were written on a different continent, in languages he wouldn't likely understand, by people with no working knowledge of his culture and traditions, and writings directed at an audience that had put him to death in the first place.

Historically the Church supposedly revered a dead Jew but in practice reviled the live ones, and all too often turned the live ones into dead ones.  Nothing personal.

Keeping a low profile is generally the best defense, akin to Reform Judaism being a response to Napoleon's offer of citizenship to Jews who assimilated.  This is unfortunately of limited utility; I lived but a few kilometers from a site where French Jews were gathered by the Police before being 'Sent East.'

BSBD,

Winsor

I knew you would find a way to explain to yourself how being anti-Semitism is worthwhile, but being anti-racism or anti-fascism is not.

22 hours ago, winsor said:

Since you do not appear to include being a student of History . . . .

Winsor when discussing Jewish history:  "Clearly you know very little about this.  The Jews have a very nuanced history, with this agreement and that agreement that must be understood before you can even pretend to understand their complex history.  If you knew just a little about the various complexities, your opinion might carry some weight."

Winsor when discussing Islamic history: "Mohammed was a pedophile.  Muslims are mentally ill."

Never change, Winsor.

14 minutes ago, billvon said:

Winsor when discussing Jewish history:  "Clearly you know very little about this.  The Jews have a very nuanced history, with this agreement and that agreement that must be understood before you can even pretend to understand their complex history.  If you knew just a little about the various complexities, your opinion might carry some weight."

Winsor when discussing Islamic history: "Mohammed was a pedophile.  Muslims are mentally ill."

Never change, Winsor.

Again, nice try.

Judaism is a tribal identity.  A Jew who considers the Tanakh to be FUBAR is still a Jew.   A Muslim who tumbles to the fact that the Koran is nonsense is an apostate and subject to immediate execution

The Hebrew Scriptures are a compilation of Bronze Age lore from a big, dysfunctional family, and were never intended for general distribution.  The Patriarchs were some seriously flawed people, and the Children of Israel did not bat 1,000 in general.

Islam is cult, largely fabricated using Judaism and Christianity as a rough basis, and largely propagated by force.

Islam, LDS and Scientology are similar in that they were each generated by a charismatic charlatan, and are based on elaborate works of fiction.  Scientology is a good litmus test for sanity - if it makes sense to you, there is something severely wrong with you. Islam is nothing short of evil.

The Koran makes clear, as do the adherents of Islam, whether Shiite or Sunni, that Muhammad was an illiterate, pervert psychopath.  His basic stance was 'agree with me or die,' and made good on that promise whenever possible.

.Every branch of Islam mandates that I should be put to death summarily, and I have no apologies for my loathing of Islam.  My copy of the Koran sits next to my copy of Mein Kampf, and the philosophies espoused by either are interchangeable.  I find people in Islamic regalia as welcoming as people wearing swastikas.

There are Muslims and Catholics with whom I get along fine.  However I take great exception to Catholicism both historically and at present, and absolutely despise Islam.  

I do not advocate killing Catholics or Muslims, but I am not at all okay with their track record of killing people like me.

Oh, and yes, anyone with Muhammad's proclivities would have to register as a sex offender, and anyone who has conversations with invisible people qualifies as mentally ill.

Deal with it.

BSBD,

Winsor

On 7/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, winsor said:

BSBD,

Winsor

Bottom line.... there were people living there already. They objected to being kicked off of their land and they still want to fight about it. A story as old as mankind.