gowlerk

Hockey riots begin for Canadiens

What do you mean "Hockey riots BEGIN?"

Back in 1985, I was passing through Edmonton the night that the Oilers won the cup. Joyous fans clogged streets as they cheered to victory. Police closed off the High Level Bridge for fear that some drunken idiot might fall off the bridge!

Fast forward to 2012 (?) downtown Vancouver was over-run by disappointed drunks when the Vancouver Canucks lost a game. Dozens were arrested when surveillance cameras revealed their vandalism and violence. 

(edited)

Nothing like the crowd's energy after a playoff win.  It was crazy being part of it after the Sharks took out Detroit in the 2nd round a few years back.  Cant imagine the insanity when the Habs skate the Cup after game 7. 

Yeah I know,  probably not, but stranger things have happened and dammit Canada deserves a Cup after all these years.  I'm a Sharks and Toronto fan, so I'm used to rooting for the team most likely to go golfing. 

Go Habs!!

Edited by skybytch
  • Like 1

Montreal really did a good job shutting down the Bolt's power play. (Lightning were missing a key forward, though.)  Boat parade in the Hillsborough River in a couple of days. Maybe they'll toss the Cup around between boats. ^.^  The Stanley Cup twitter account just about dared Tom Brady to throw it.