1 1
freefall-fast

Curv or Wings Container

Was thinking about leaving the sport but changed my mind, so I now need a H/C, I'm in the military so I get a discount ( very appreciated) New Curv is about $2475.00 and a Wings is $2110.00, both have comparable options. Wings has a shorter build time and is apx $365.00 cheaper. I know both rigs are safe, but never jumped a Wings H/C before. Any input on the two rigs, including customer service which means a lot to me.

Thanx

Freefall-Fast

6 minutes ago, freefall-fast said:

Was thinking about leaving the sport but changed my mind, so I now need a H/C, I'm in the military so I get a discount ( very appreciated) New Curv is about $2475.00 and a Wings is $2110.00, both have comparable options. Wings has a shorter build time and is apx $365.00 cheaper. I know both rigs are safe, but never jumped a Wings H/C before. Any input on the two rigs, including customer service which means a lot to me.

Thanx

Freefall-Fast

Comparing the Wings H/C to a Curv is like comparing a Chevy to a Caddy. The Wings is a very hard sell used, the Curv will always be desirable. Well worth the extra time and money.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, freefall-fast said:

Thanx

Freefall-Fast

I won't knock the Wings, but I can speak about the Curv. I have owned three of them and every other rig R.I. has made since I purchased my first Talon in 1985.

The Curv is the most innovative rig ever. The bio curv and bio yoke along with the shape of the container completely hug the body while not restricting movement in any way. Sandy Reid has refined the rig starting "way back" when he first produced the Voodoo - late 90's. He's really good at what he does.

R.I. service is top notch as well. They never disappoint in impressing.

12 minutes ago, chuckakers said:

I won't knock the Wings, but I can speak about the Curv. I have owned three of them and every other rig R.I. has made since I purchased my first Talon in 1985.

The Curv is the most innovative rig ever. The bio curv and bio yoke along with the shape of the container completely hug the body while not restricting movement in any way. Sandy Reid has refined the rig starting "way back" when he first produced the Voodoo - late 90's. He's really good at what he does.

R.I. service is top notch as well. They never disappoint in impressing.

Hi Chuck,

Re:  RI

A friend called recently and he told me that they answered as 'Sunpath Products Arizona.'

Jerry Baumchen

36 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Chuck,

Re:  RI

A friend called recently and he told me that they answered as 'Sunpath Products Arizona.'

Jerry Baumchen

As does their webpage. Actually it says "RI, powered by Sunpath". 

I would advise against the curv because they currently have the worst dbag design on the market.

I personally know someone that's had two streamers caused by messing up the holes in which lines go.

No other manufacturer's design is as unforgiving.

There are better options. Maybe consider vector or infinity?

(edited)
47 minutes ago, lyosha said:

I personally know someone that's had two streamers caused by messing up the holes in which lines go.

I know people like that, too.  A label that says "put lines here" is not sufficient for stupid.  Twice, eh?  DIdn't figure it out the first time?

Edited by mark
add additional sarcasm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mark said:

I know people like that, too.  A label that says "put lines here" is not sufficient for stupid.  Twice, eh?  DIdn't figure it out the first time?

I don't judge, but I prefer my gear to not have failure scenarios. Especially ones that trip up so many people that there are YouTube videos.

Truth be told I liked curv 1.0. I think 2.0 was a step backwards.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, lyosha said:

Mag stow.

I started jumping mine this year and wasn’t 100% sure how it goes so I looked at the manual thinking it was important. maybe that someone needs to step back for a moment and think about what they’re doing when it comes to they’re own safety and knowing their own gear