maggyrider

Forced perspective or new levels of stupidity?

maggyrider

I knew this was going to be something incredibly dumb when I saw your link went to Redbull. :ph34r:

However, he wasn't "in" the cloud, merely "way to close". It all went well, so the whuffo's will think it's awesome. But if the guy had been struck by lightning the sport would have taken a huge dent in its public image.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

jclalor

B|******People still sky board?

same question here haha..

Post 20 summed it up well.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4601567;search_string=Sky%20board;#4601567

When I was new to the sport around 2003-4, I remember asking someone about skysurfing who had done it a few times. He said that it looked good on camera (e.g. Patrick Gayardon/Rob Harris), but wasn't that fun to do in his opinion - just like doing a bunch of flips by yourself in freefall. The normal skydiving disciplines were more fun.

Note: for the newbies, Harris died while filming a Mountain Dew commercial in 95 and Gayardon died in 98 due to a rigging error (either his pilot chute or main accidentally stitched to the container). But there is cool footage online if you're interested - especially on the Good Stuff DVD.