jumplongisland

Average Jump Pilot Pay

JohnMitchell

Donuts and beer, I thought.. .:D

Sorry. I hope your next answer is helpful. :)

Don't forget the flashing from chicks who want extra altitude! :)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jumpervali

10 years ago I used to pay $5 a load or $50 a day which ever was greater at the end of the day. Not a lot of money but the fly time was the hidden bonus.

That right there is the answer.... you get all those hours... for "free" that many parlay into better ratings and a real job with an airline.....

Amazon

***10 years ago I used to pay $5 a load or $50 a day which ever was greater at the end of the day. Not a lot of money but the fly time was the hidden bonus.

That right there is the answer.... you get all those hours... for "free" that many parlay into better ratings and a real job with an airline.....

Those "free" hours I'm getting I get only because I paid to get my Private and then Commercial tickets....they ain't free.
SmugMug

akjmpplt

******10 years ago I used to pay $5 a load or $50 a day which ever was greater at the end of the day. Not a lot of money but the fly time was the hidden bonus.

Those "free" hours I'm getting I get only because I paid to get my Private and then Commercial tickets....they ain't free.

Well, you had to pay because you made a choice to get commercially rated... Those "free" hours apply to most getting their Multi and/or ATP.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Prospective employers are more impressed by working hours (towing gliders or hauling jumpers) than some rich kid merely boring holes in the sky.
As for jumpers asking for free piloting, free packing and free coaching ..... you get your money's worth!

Spend over $25,000 getting the ratings and you won't even meet insurance requirements. The old model of finding time builders chasing their dream has pretty much faded away. Spend an hour flying four tandems and the person packing those rigs makes a whole lot more. At best they paid $2000 for their rating, and at worst somebody showed them how to pack them. Most low timers are fine when everything is functioning as designed but I'd take an experienced pilot that's doing it for the love of the sport any day. They are just few and far between. They're a whole lot easier on the planes also.

Rant over.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

monkycndo

I wonder what the pay is for an above average jump pilot?

What about a below average jump pilot?:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***I wonder what the pay is for an above average jump pilot?

What about a below average jump pilot?:P
hey only need to get you off the ground to a few thousand feet anyway... not like you would want to land in the plane anyway... right???

Amazon

***10 years ago I used to pay $5 a load or $50 a day which ever was greater at the end of the day. Not a lot of money but the fly time was the hidden bonus.

:D So you can get a commercial:D Get a job instructing, :D flying charter, :D, get a real job because some airline went broke and the market is flooded with experienced pilots, all with type ratings, all with a bilzillion hours and your wife wants you home at least once a week or she is going to serve you with "the papers".

And your dreams all go down the toilet bowl like a big turd.

But I digress. What was the question again?