squampton

Atlas - Alti 2 question

Anyone have an Alti 2 - Atlas?

When on the ground or on the main screen my Alti shows negative feet
ie: (-90ft) and I was wondering if anyone can help me to understand what exactly this is?

It does change throughout the day, and I am wondering if this has to do with the temperature in relation to the ground level?

International Standard Atmosphere (ISA) is the average mean sea level pressure used worldwide for aviation. It is also referred to as “Standard Pressure.” Values are 29.92 InHg and 1013.25 mBar.

The QNE reference on your altimeter shows the current pressure altitude at the device’s location corrected to ISA (Mean Sea Level). This is also called a “Flight Level” in aviation.

The QNE reference changes throughout the day in response to small changes in barometric pressure. Because Atlas has an auto-zero feature, the AGL altitude reference will remain "0.0" as the QNE reference changes.
Alti-2, Inc. Staff

Great thanks for clearing that up for me.

By the way love the Atlas so far, super easy to use and navigate.

Was a little unsure about going with a chargeable altimeter at firtst, but the battery charge lasts for more than a week with everyday use, and besides you can charge it on your way to the DZ, an excellent investment.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, that kind of discussion in this open forum is counter-productive from a business standpoint. Suffice it to say that both of those suggestions have been received and will be given serious consideration.

Thank you VERY much for your feedback!
Alti-2, Inc. Staff

I was considering the Atlas but decided that at that price point, it should have what was suggested above as well as:

- touch screen UI with the latest Gorrilla glass
- bluetooth connectivity to phones and other devices
- free .csv exporting of data
- USB-C
- kinetic recharge

Thank you VERY much for considering feedback!