EllieBarker

Video Editor for GoPro Videos

I have been filming my dives for years with a GoPro helmet, but I want to start sharing this footage with friends, family, and skydiving enthusiasts on social media. I don’t want to just share the raw footage, but I want to make my videos special by adding in some music or doing some special effects. Where can I find a website to take care of editing my videos to my specifications? I would prefer to spend the extra dough to hire someone to edit my videos instead of learning how to use iMovie. Any suggestions?

EllieBarker

I have been filming my dives for years with a GoPro helmet, but I want to start sharing this footage with friends, family, and skydiving enthusiasts on social media. I don’t want to just share the raw footage, but I want to make my videos special by adding in some music or doing some special effects. Where can I find a website to take care of editing my videos to my specifications? I would prefer to spend the extra dough to hire someone to edit my videos instead of learning how to use iMovie. Any suggestions?

I would guess that many video editor type people that already work at a DZ would enjoy making a little extra money editing on the side. However, if you don't want every video to look and sound very similar, that might be a more difficult or more expensive task.

Tandem factories knock out dozens of videos each day but most look and sound very much alike. If you are okay with that, then no problem. But if you want each one to be different or interesting in a new way, that is a creative challenge that you might have to pay a lot more for.

Someone I hire will have different taste than I do. While their work might be great, it might not be to my taste.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

EllieBarker

Where can I find a website to take care of editing my videos to my specifications?

To add to what Dan says above, IMO video editing is an art, and specifications do not apply to art. Specifications are for engineering (I say this as both an engineer and an artist). That won't help you much in your search, but it is food for thought. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

One service that I use for this kind of stuff is Valoso (www.valoso.com). You can hire freelance video editors to edit all kinds of videos for you. I like that you can set the price, deadline, and everything else yourself instead of paying for an expensive production company and not getting to choose these options.

Let me know what you think about it!