Fall0ut

PilotChute for Wingsuiting

I'm in the market for a new pilotchute, since my standard Mirage PC with longer bridle has well over 900 jumps on it and openings with larger wingsuits tend to be slower than I like.

What size and type of PCs are you using for wingsuiting and "normal" jumps ? Squirrel's SkySnatch doesn't seem so bad but a bit pricey

Squirrel SkySnatch 30" or have a look at the new Aerodyne Extractor which is almost identical to the SkySnatch design. These evolved designs comes with kill-line ready to be mounted and are a lot better than the normal standard ones that comes with a container. But in general size >= 30", 8-9" kill-line, fresh f-111 fabric (beware of f-111 material getting worn very quickly) or rather just go for ZP (superior durability and best choice) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, birdynamnam said:

Squirrel SkySnatch 30" or have a look at the new Aerodyne Extractor which is almost identical to the SkySnatch design. These evolved designs comes with kill-line ready to be mounted and are a lot better than the normal standard ones that comes with a container. But in general size >= 30", 8-9" kill-line, fresh f-111 fabric (beware of f-111 material getting worn very quickly) or rather just go for ZP (superior durability and best choice) 

I'll second the snatch.  If you're going to get a new PC, snatch is probably top of class.  Marginally better than F-111. 

But in my experience, the bridle length plays a more critical factor than PC material or shape, so you'll be fine with anything so long as you have enough bridle for your PC to reach clean air.

• Like 1