EagleMan

Sudden loss of balance

Hi all,

I am new to skydiving and have 30 jumps in total. I have only done belly to earth jumps so far and feel that I am very stable at this point.

the other day I tried to change things around a little bit and barell rolled over on my back and maintained that position for a while followed by some frontflips.

I simulated a break off and tracked for a few seconds before maintaining belly position again prior to pull.

I was stable on my belly for a few seconds when suddenly it felt like a vacuum was created under my legs and I completely lost balance and ended up standing up before getting back to belly position. At first I thought it was a premature opening..

Any ideas what this could have been? Haven’t encountered this before.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, EagleMan said:

it felt like a vacuum was created under my legs and I completely lost balance and ended up standing up

This made me chuckle. Wait till you start learning Vertical and can't get to a stand position that easily. Kinda reminds me of rotary wing instructors during the hover phase, "Now try to remember everything you did today, cause once you find the hover button; you won't be able to do it ever again." On tone with the topic . . . there's been a couple of others that have suggested good reasons.