2 2
RobertMBlevins

Louis DeJoy Investigation - US Postmaster and Trump Fundraiser

Under questioning, and with a slight smirk on his face, US Postmaster Louis DeJoy tells investigators he is not only offended, but denies any wrongdoing. He is currently being investigated by the FBI for allegedly convincing more than a hundred Postal employees to contribute to the Trump campaign...and in return these employees were given bonuses in their paychecks.

Here's the REAL problem, among a host of many:

Since DeJoy doesn't actually fund the paychecks given to Postal employees, (Federal government pays them, of course) this is clearly theft and illegal diversion of Federal funds, in order to help fund a political campaign. 

The FBI is interviewing these employees right now, and most likely checking campaign contribution records against whether the same people contributing also received bonuses from the Post Office. They will be looking at timing, dates, and other factors as they try to make their case. The truth of this allegation is still unknown, but if it IS true...it won't take the FBI long to figure it out. They will have testimony, as well as paycheck bonus records, and contribution records to go on. 

The SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) has rules about this. A spokesperson for them said that if the allegations against DeJoy are true, that not only was it a common way to get around campaign contribution rules, ('straw man contributors') but that if DeJoy is guilty of funneling Federal funds like that, it wasn't even done very well. In other words, they think it was Amateur Night at best. 

The truth should come out very soon on this. Maybe the SEC is right about the whole thing not even covered up well. The Feds have very good records on what employees are paid, as well as bonuses granted...and they definitely have access to campaign contribution lists.

DeJoy, in my opinion, if he is guilty, could easily go to prison.  

You have misread the story, therefore everything you’ve written after ‘here’s the real problem’ is not real.

The allegations relate to what he did at his private company before being Postmaster General. The employees in question are not Postal workers. The article was very clear about that.

Campaign finance violations yes, theft of Federal funds no.

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Actually, I got this story from a news report, not the paper. But...I see you are right. Damn. First thread I create on my own and it turns out to not only be inaccurate...but a loser as well. Ha. Figures. :/

It kind of reminds me of your Cooper fascination.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Actually, I got this story from a news report, not the paper. But...I see you are right. Damn. First thread I create on my own and it turns out to not only be inaccurate...but a loser as well. Ha. Figures. :/

Pro tip: try to keep your opening salvo to a single sentence, or a short paragraph, max. Less for jakee to work with that way.

24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Pro tip: try to keep your opening salvo to a single sentence, or a short paragraph, max. Less for jakee to work with that way.

Pro tip - never get on the wrong side of Joe Weber because he’ll carry that grudge to the grave. 

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Pro tip - never get on the wrong side of Joe Weber because he’ll carry that grudge to the grave. 

Would you two just fuck and get it over with already?!?!?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Actually, this whole thread should be removed, because I mis-heard the original news report anyway. So the premise of the thread is based on incorrect information. 

I can feel your pain.....Experience tells me that what you want is both reasonable and unlikely to happen. It will go away in a few days if you are patient.

3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

but it should stay on the basis of fact.  he is the postmaster, and he is under investigation for ILLEGAL fundraising for trump.  a minor detail was wrong, but the facts remain.

FIFY. ^_^

Kinda funny, I did a google search on 'DeJoy fundraising investigation' and every result on the first page had 'private company' 'former business' or similar in the abbreviated headlines.

The idea that he could circumvent campaign finance laws by paying his employees back for the contributions they 'gave' to Trump should be fully investigated.
And prosecuted if the facts warrant.

(edited)
4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

FIFY. ^_^

Kinda funny, I did a google search on 'DeJoy fundraising investigation' and every result on the first page had 'private company' 'former business' or similar in the abbreviated headlines.

The idea that he could circumvent campaign finance laws by paying his employees back for the contributions they 'gave' to Trump should be fully investigated.
And prosecuted if the facts warrant.

Was it a "private company"?

I thought his former company New Breed Logistics was purchased by XPO logistics a few years back, before the run up to 2016 presidential election. XPO is an SEC registrant, their shares are traded on the NYSE.

So if he did this while his former company was owned by XPO there is also the potential that SEC securities rules were violated, and financial fraud occurred.

Edited by DougH

1 hour ago, DougH said:

Was it a "private company"?

I thought his former company New Breed Logistics was purchased by XPO logistics a few years back, before the run up to 2016 presidential election. XPO is an SEC registrant, their shares are traded on the NYSE.

So if he did this while his former company was owned by XPO there is also the potential that SEC securities rules were violated, and financial fraud occurred.

By 'private company', I meant 'not a government entity'. And 'not the post office'.

No clue if it was a privately held company, or a publicly traded one. 

I don't pretend to know a lot about the SEC, but if what I'm hearing is correct, that DeJoy told his employees to donate and reimbursed them with 'bonuses', then that would be straight campaign finance law violations, perhaps tax law violations, but not anything the SEC would get involved in.
Of course, I could certainly be wrong and welcome correction if so.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

but if what I'm hearing is correct, that DeJoy told his employees to donate and reimbursed them with 'bonuses', then that would be straight campaign finance law violations, perhaps tax law violations,

That is also my understanding. And it is an old game played many times before. Almost never successfully prosecuted.

(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 4:00 PM, gowlerk said:

That is also my understanding. And it is an old game played many times before. Almost never successfully prosecuted.

You are probably right. However...when the guys in the suits come knocking at your door...with questions...it is surprising how many people come to Jesus when they see that FBI ID being flashed at them. Lying to the Feds isn't generally a good idea unless you are absolutely sure you can get away with it. And even then, not that good an idea in the first place. ¬¬ The FBI is currently seeking out certain employees and questioning them. 

(I still feel pretty dumb for missing the main premise of the investigation, though. LOL.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins