3 3
JerryBaumchen

One Gutsy Girl

Hi folks,

Good for her.  I can only hope that she suffers no consequences:  The speech that high school valedictorian Paxton Smith pulled from inside her graduation gown was not the one she had shown the school. 

High School Valedictorian Swaps Speech To Speak Out Against Texas' New Abortion Law : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Good for her.  I can only hope that she suffers no consequences:  The speech that high school valedictorian Paxton Smith pulled from inside her graduation gown was not the one she had shown the school. 

High School Valedictorian Swaps Speech To Speak Out Against Texas' New Abortion Law : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

Could it be possible that a high school valedictorian has more guts and brains than Greg Abbott?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Could it be possible that a high school valedictorian has more guts and brains than Greg Abbott?

8 minutes ago, kallend said:

How hard could it be?

I was thinking that it was a rhetorical question.

Texas and Florida set new benchmarks each week for stupidity of governance. Ms Smith appeared on BBC. It seems as if the newsworthy stupidity of Mr. trump has been replaced by the GOP on the world stage. Abortion, no-license open carry, etc. etc.

• Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, rcdrury said:

It's unlikely that anyone in this discussion is more intelligent than Greg Abbott.

As Attorney General, Abbott unsuccessfully defended Texas's ban on sex toys.[44] He said Texas had a legitimate interest in "discouraging prurient interests in autonomous sex and the pursuit of sexual gratification unrelated to procreation."[44]

Jade Helm 15

Abbott on April 28, 2015, asked the State Guard to monitor the training exercise Jade Helm 15 amid Internet-fueled suspicions that the war simulation was really a hostile military takeover.[132][133][134][135] In 2018 former director of the CIA and NSA Michael Hayden said that the conspiracy theory had been propagated by Russian intelligence organizations and that Abbott's response convinced them of the power such a misinformation campaign could have in the United States.[136]

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

As Attorney General, Abbott unsuccessfully defended Texas's ban on sex toys.[44] He said Texas had a legitimate interest in "discouraging prurient interests in autonomous sex and the pursuit of sexual gratification unrelated to procreation." States.[136]

The same Abbott who told Texans that they should take personal responsibility for fighting COVID and not rely on the state to make decisions for them - then a few days later told Texas women that the state should make  decisions on their abortions, rather than rely on Texan's personal responsibility. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

"...former director of the CIA and NSA Michael Hayden said..."

I used to work for Mike Hayden; and by that I don't mean that I just worked for organizations led by him. My function included one-on-one meetings with him. Relative to the levels of his positions, he's an idiot.

Edited by rcdrury
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rcdrury said:

I used to work for Mike Hayden; and by that I don't mean that I just worked for organization led by him. My function included one-on-one meetings with him. Relative to the levels of his positions, he's an idiot.

You must be a very important man. It must be hard for you to avoid sounding as if you are full of yourself sometimes. It's a wonder you have time to come here and let us know how "unfit" we are. Thanks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rcdrury said:

If you don't understand the total disconnect between your two examples, you're not fit to comment.

Oh I understand it very well.

Mask wearing is something that affects men, so republicans demand control over it.  Sure, not wearing a mask might kill someone else, but not your problem, eh?  As long as you don't have to do something you don't want to.

Abortion is something that affects women, so republicans demand that that right be taken away from them and given to the government.  As the woman in the original post explained very well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rcdrury said:

Thanks for confirming that you haven't a clue.

And thank you for confirming your position as just another FOX News sycophant.   We've had a lot of em here.  They are fun; you can figure out what they are going to post on a given day by looking at the FOX News headlines.

(Note - this is where you claim you are an independent thinker who never watches right wing media, and the fact that your positions are identical to those right wing media talking points is 100% coincidence.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billvon said:

(Note - this is where you claim you are an independent thinker who never watches right wing media, and the fact that your positions are identical to those right wing media talking points is 100% coincidence.)

Perhaps it's just a case of great minds thinking alike.

1 hour ago, rcdrury said:

I used to work for Mike Hayden; and by that I don't mean that I just worked for organizations led by him. My function included one-on-one meetings with him. Relative to the levels of his positions, he's an idiot.

How is that relevant to the discussion if the thing he is being quoted as saying is correct? Do you think the Jade Helm conspiracy theories were credible? Do you think Russian misinformation wasn't involved?

Naw, just a longtime Texas skydiver. I went to a Texas Skydiving Family reunion last month (I’m one too), and the room had a lot of people of similar opinion sets. Just think of the range from (say) Billvon to funjumper as left-wingers when classifying “right-wingers.” 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1