PeteW

Damn I love this sport!

I did my first jump in 2001, I was in and out till 2006 when I got my solo. I then got into paragliding in 07 but 09 I crashed and broke my back. I swore off flying after I recovered. Fast forward a few years I met my amazing wife and we had a son. Nine years had passed since my last skydive. I kept thinking about it and finally my wife looked me in the eyes and said go back. So I did telling her I would probably only make a jump once or twice a month. So I'm pretty much jumping every weekend but she doesn't mind hanging out and our son loves the dz. And I got my own gear for Father's Day. I went back because I was having a hard time controlling my anxiety. It's funny how skydiving can help with anxiety. But it has. What an amazing sport with an amazing bunch of people. It's fun learning, seeing people make their first jumps and progressing and an activity that most people think is insane.

That's all. Thanks for reading.

Just chiming in! I've done two tandem jumps this August and I cannot wait to get back to the dropzone in May 2017 to get my solo licence and hone my skills!

Just two tandem jumps have significantly improved my adhd symptoms and my can-do attitude has gone up 10 levels! I'm just a happier person overall. I'm in for life! :)

That's one of the amazing things about this sport. Most people are doing it because they love it and have a passion for it.

My jump on Saturday went damn near perfect. Had a great exit, great solo flight, on heading opening, great set up and landed damn near the middle of the bowl. Also packing is getting easier.