1 1
Arad artzi

Aff course in europe

Question

7 answers to this question

I'm assuming you are UK based and will do your main post-licence jumping here. AFF courses are offered in various EU countries. The preferred ones for UK students seem to be Spain (Seville, Madrid and Empuriabrava) and Portugal (Algarve) You should perhaps consider one that offers a UK qualification. Active Skydiving (contact via their website, Scotty Milne) run courses in Spain. Obviously affected by Covid restrictions at present.

Do your research, many of the people who used to run the British Skydiving courses at DZs in Europe arent there anymore, for example FFU who advertise BPA no longer do it but wont volunteer that without some real interrogation.

Scotty Milne runs courses at Seville and Emprubravia are well respected options.

Dont discount UK training though, SkyHigh Skydiving have a very "european approach". Mate and I set aside some travel time for two weeks in April this year, he qualified in 8 days and I did in 6, we left after 2 weeks with 28 and 30 jumps respectively. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:18 PM, Bokdrol said:

I'm assuming you are UK based and will do your main post-licence jumping here. AFF courses are offered in various EU countries. The preferred ones for UK students seem to be Spain (Seville, Madrid and Empuriabrava) and Portugal (Algarve) You should perhaps consider one that offers a UK qualification. Active Skydiving (contact via their website, Scotty Milne) run courses in Spain. Obviously affected by Covid restrictions at present.

Thanks.

Im not fron the  uk .

I spoke with allmost all of them but they dont open 7 days. 

What about skydive Portugal ? ( They are the only one that i found open 7 days)Do you know them? Can recommend?

(edited)

OK -  you have a Union Flag on your profile which is generally there to indicate a jumper's home country hence my (incorrect) assmption! I've never personally  jumped at Portugal (Algarve/Alvor) so I'm not qualified to give them a recommendation. I know plenty who have jumped there, though. From what I've heard, and seen on their videos, the views are magnificent (not necessarily an AFF recommendation because the last thing you want to be checking out on AFF is the view IMHO) and the landing area OK but not that forgiving. It's coastal so you can get weather holds down to wind speeds that sometimes last for days, even for 500+ jumpers. Having said that, you can also get a run of benign weather which is simply perfect. I can say this bit with authority because I've been holidaying on the Algarve since 1986 and I know the Alvor/Portimao/Lagos area fairly well.  I'm afraid that until Covid allows other DZ's to fully open, your choices may be limited. I've jumped both Seville and Empuriabrava in Spain and both are nice, with Empuria having perhaps the more forgiving of landing areas - again, though, it's coastal....Good luck with your quest. See if you can get a few more better recommendations for Algarve and then make your decision.  Blue Skies. 

Edited by Bokdrol

1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

OK -  you have a Union Flag on your profile which is generally there to indicate a jumper's home country hence my (incorrect) conclusion! I've never personally  jumped at Portugal (Algarve/Alvor) so I'm not qualified to give them a recommendation. I know plenty who have jumped there, though. From what I've heard, and seen on their videos, the views are magnificent (not necessarily an AFF recommendation because the last thing you want to be checking out on AFF is the view IMHO) and the landing area OK but not that forgiving. It's coastal so you can get weather holds down to wind speeds that sometimes last for days, even for 500+ jumpers. Having said that, you can also get a run of benign weather which is simply perfect. I can say this bit with authority because I've been holidaying on the Algarve since 1986 and I know the Alvor/Portimao/Lagos area fairly well.  I'm afraid that until Covid allows other DZ's to fully open, your choices may be limited. I've jumped both Seville and Empuriabrava in Spain and both are nice, with Empuria having perhaps the more forgiving of landing areas - again, though, it's coastal....Good luck with your quest. See if you can get a few more better recommendations for Algarve and then make your decision.  Blue Skies. 

Yes you right about the flag i dont know how to change it.

Thank you about the information , didnt thought about the coast and the wind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arad artzi said:

Yes you right about the flag i dont know how to change it.

Thank you about the information , didnt thought about the coast and the wind.

Go to the little chevron at the right of the tool bar next to your mini profile picture. Click on it. You'll get a drop down menu. Go to account settings. You'll see country on the left/bottom. You can change it from there.

17 hours ago, Arad artzi said:

Thanks.

Im not fron the  uk .

I spoke with allmost all of them but they dont open 7 days. 

What about skydive Portugal ? ( They are the only one that i found open 7 days)Do you know them? Can recommend?

Skydive Spain (Seville) have posted on their Instagram account that from tomorrow until June 20 they will be operating 7 days a week.