patworks

DBA-Help! normalize Skydiving Museum Artifact Database

Are you a skydiver, a DBA, an Oracle Master who can normalize our Skydiving Museum's artifact database?
DBA-Help! your skill is Needed to help normalize Skydiving Museum Artifact Database (relational schema)

Database normalization, is the process of organizing the columns (attributes) and tables (relations) of a relational database to reduce data redundancy and improve data integrity. Boyce–Codd normal form BCNF database normalization on a flat CSV table (.xlsx). will allow easier ports to relational database (SQL)

After we port the now-flat tables to a new relational schema in BCNF then redundancy based on functional dependency is removed. (A relational schema R is in Boyce–Codd normal form if and only if for every one of its dependencies X --> Y, at least one of the two following conditions hold:

Where X --> Y is a trivial functional dependency (Y --> X)
OR: - X is a super key for schema R

- - - - - +

NSM_Inventory_Database-Fields
• Object Number (Primary Key)
• Object Name & Description (Document, Video, Audio, Film, or Equipment)
• Type of Object (Media)
• Date of Object (Creation Date)
• Condition (: Good/Fair/Poor)
• Donor/Source
• Donor Contact Information
• Date of Donation
• Deed of Gift Received? (yes/no)
• RFID tag code
• Access or Storage Location (Storage Location)
• WIKI field 1 (not shown)
• WIKI Field 2? (pointer?)
• Museum Notes/Remark [ Remarks]
• Photograph (thumbnail)

Comments + ideas + help are Welcome.
Thanx
- -30 - --
Pat, Curator, Skydiving Museum and Hall of Fame eMuseum
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Heya Pat!

This is Troy from the Freedom Jam days in the early 2000's.

I have more years under my belt than I care to admit as a database designer and developer. I've done extensive speaking and some writing on the topic of db design, for example: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Data+Modeling/61526/

Shoot me a dz.com message if you're still looking for help on this project - it looks like good fun!

Hello Troy! Welcome news x2. You live AND do DBA while appearing reasonable and sky jumping. Kewl.
YES. The Skydiving Museum (eMuseum) must move from flat-fille .xlsx to RDMS prior to reality happening.

I am looking for yiuyr help on this project - it is like good fun! plus important to the sport. Sport parachuting needs your mind.

Glad you still swoop the earth. .... sendig you a dz.com message too.

Viva la Revolution Freefly! !VIVA!

Delighted Mate!
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,