3 3
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I hope and pray that you are right.

Somehow he reminds me of 'Michael Myers,' what with Halloween coming up and all.

Any Schadenfreude that came from seeing Hillary defeated is largely outweighed by having had The Donald do it.

I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart - short of putting Hillary in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, winsor said:

Somehow he reminds me of 'Michael Myers,' what with Halloween coming up and all.

Any Schadenfreude that came from seeing Hillary defeated is largely outweighed by having had The Donald do it.

I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart - short of putting Hillary in charge.

Hi winsor,

Re:  I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart

As do I.  IMO he is a totally vile, evil person.  Nothing would be too bad for him.

Re:  short of putting Hillary in charge.

If it were four yrs ago, I would put her in charge.  IMO she has moved on; her days in the limelight are behind.  She just wrote a book with Louise Penny, State of Terror

'State of Terror' is a cautionary tale, say Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi winsor,

Re:  I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart

As do I.  IMO he is a totally vile, evil person.  Nothing would be too bad for him.

Re:  short of putting Hillary in charge.

If it were four yrs ago, I would put her in charge.  IMO she has moved on; her days in the limelight are behind.  She just wrote a book with Louise Penny, State of Terror

'State of Terror' is a cautionary tale, say Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

 

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

Edited by winsor
Okay, so I'm showing my age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, winsor said:

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

So you'd have a megalomaniacal black man as your president rather than a lettered female. Impressive. All I have to prove I'm not a racist is a black friend I had in school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, winsor said:

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

The artificially generated hatred of that woman courtesy of the right wing entertainment media in the US is...., wait for it,.......DEPLORABLE!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, winsor said:

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

Who was it who said "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth?"  The GOP has taken that to heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
45 minutes ago, billvon said:

Who was it who said "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth?"  The GOP has taken that to heart.

That Nazi guy gets credited with that quote quite often. And if he said it he was correct. It works.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

Nope, just paid close attention to Hillary.  She's no less evil than the Mango Mussolini but less obvious.  He's more like Idi - no filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, billvon said:

Who was it who said "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth?"  The GOP has taken that to heart.

It's been attributed to both Lenin and Goebbels.  The Left and Right use the principle equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, winsor said:

Nope, just paid close attention to Hillary.  She's no less evil than the Mango Mussolini but less obvious.  He's more like Idi - no filter.

Yup, Winsor swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He loves the taste the hate leaves on his palate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
2 minutes ago, winsor said:

You're so insightful.  Do you give lessons?

Yes. Consider yourself schooled.
I'm also reasonably sure you would have chosen the German Nazi leader to compare Hilary to if not for being accused of being an example of Godwin's law. But Il Duce will just have to do for you to compare Hilary to. These statements are really quite insightful and show a lot about just who you are. 

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

While there was a boat load of that, and most of the people that hate her are right wing and hate her for the 'propaganda' reasons, there are quite a few reasons to not like her.

Not murder, Benghazi or e-mails. 

I didn't vote for her in 16 (voted for Bernie in the primary), and would have a hard time voting for her any time in the future (which is pretty unlikely).

Rose Law, Whitewater, cattle futures, White House travel office, treatment of the military during the Clinton administration, her inclusion in policy making, her jumping into the New York Senate seat, various votes while she held that seat, that's a short list.

Doesn't change the fact that she was a rather effective SecState, is a halfway decent politician (yes, that's an oxymoron), and a reasonably capable leader. 

She would have been a much, much MUCH better president than Trump was. 
But then again, so would just about anyone.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

is a halfway decent politician (yes, that's an oxymoron), and a reasonably capable leader. 

I think she is a lousy politician. To be a good pol you have to be able to get people to relate to you and like you despite policy differences. That's why Bill was able to unseat Bush. And why the younger Bush was able to beat Gore. But I do agree that she would have been "a reasonably capable leader". That is a near perfect description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

3 3