6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

The title of this thread refers to Trump being forgotten.

Since I'd be happy never to hear his name again, what will it take to completely forget the sonofabitch?

There MUST be some way he can be disqualified from having anything to do with the Government again.

Admitted, potential candidates from either party are a real rogues' gallery of cretins and losers, but Trump and Clinton really pin the meter.

What did we do to deserve this?

As you were,

Winsor

6 minutes ago, winsor said:

Since I'd be happy never to hear his name again, what will it take to completely forget the sonofabitch?

There MUST be some way he can be disqualified from having anything to do with the Government again.

Admitted, potential candidates from either party are a real rogues' gallery of cretins and losers, but Trump and Clinton really pin the meter.

As you were,

Winsor

Some countries put crooked leaders on trial. S. Korea, France, Italy, etc. But America treats its presidents as if they are quasi-royals. They not only never put them on trial. They won't even remove them from office.

Whats the old saw the government you elect is the one you deserve.

1 hour ago, winsor said:

As you were,

Winsor

Hi Winsor,

I'm with you.  While I am very sure it will not happen, at least at the federal level, I would love to see Trump in jail.

IMO I hope Trump tries to get the nomination again.  While a lot of the poll numbers show he is very popular with the GOP, I doubt he could actually get the nomination.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  The track record for candidates that he has supported has not been good.

7 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken,

Ever hear about an infinite number of monkeys & an infinite number of typewriters?

Jerry Baumchen

For better or worse, Trump has a knack for making everything sound like unhinged bullshit.  It is reminiscent of jokes whereby one tells the absolute truth in such a way as to convince the listener that it is a lie, and either gets out of trouble or gets the benefit of the doubt thereafter when actually lying.

I again contend that accusing Trump of lying is unfair, since it gives him credit for being able to tell the difference between 'truth' and 'falsehood.'  From what I can tell, the very ideal of 'truth' is viewed as an irrelevant abstraction, and he is comfortable with blurting out whatever crosses his mind.  I very much doubt if he even cares whether what he says matches objective reality with any regularity.

The fact that he occasionally says something worthwhile is somewhat entertaining, but of no particular interest otherwise.

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Ever hear of:  'I'm taking my ball & going home.'

From your link:  Trump abruptly ended the interview

Hmm, one wonders who is the more immature?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

More of:  'I'm taking my ball & going home.'

No more presidential debates? Republicans say their candidates will no longer participate - oregonlive.com

I guess they finally found that they look stupid every four years.

Jerry Baumchen

13 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Forgotten? Not so much.

Among attendees as the Conservative Political Action Conference, 59% said they would vote for Trump if the 2024 Republican primary were held today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/27/politics/donald-trump-cpac-straw-poll-results/index.html

A stake through his political heart, as ignominious as possible, is the most apt fate for that vile piece of shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Fark.com: And so it begins, the biggest battle of giant toxic egos in our lifetime

Elon Musk Tears Into Trump, Tells Him to ‘Hang Up His Hat’

I would ask "Who you gonna root for?", but only one of them has no marketable job skills, and tried to stage a coup.

Agreed. Elon might be a gigantic ego on legs, but at least he has an IQ that breaks into 3 figures.

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

Fark.com: And so it begins, the biggest battle of giant toxic egos in our lifetime

Elon Musk Tears Into Trump, Tells Him to ‘Hang Up His Hat’

I would ask "Who you gonna root for?", but only one of them has no marketable job skills, and tried to stage a coup.

Hi Robert,

From your link:  Apparently fed up with both leaders, Musk has moved on to DeSantis.

And I doubt that Musk will stick with DeSantis for long.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

From your link:  Apparently fed up with both leaders, Musk has moved on to DeSantis.

And I doubt that Musk will stick with DeSantis for long.

Jerry Baumchen

Meh; He'll just sign an agreement to purchase DeSantis, then change his mind and get into a big shit-fest over it.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, winsor said:

As you were,

Winsor

You’d kinda hope that inciting an insurrection and attempting to overthrow democracy would have been that point, but you know,… ‘MURICA.