6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

6 hours ago, winsor said:

Somehow he reminds me of 'Michael Myers,' what with Halloween coming up and all.

Any Schadenfreude that came from seeing Hillary defeated is largely outweighed by having had The Donald do it.

I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart - short of putting Hillary in charge.

Hi winsor,

Re:  I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart

As do I.  IMO he is a totally vile, evil person.  Nothing would be too bad for him.

Re:  short of putting Hillary in charge.

If it were four yrs ago, I would put her in charge.  IMO she has moved on; her days in the limelight are behind.  She just wrote a book with Louise Penny, State of Terror

'State of Terror' is a cautionary tale, say Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi winsor,

Re:  I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart

As do I.  IMO he is a totally vile, evil person.  Nothing would be too bad for him.

Re:  short of putting Hillary in charge.

If it were four yrs ago, I would put her in charge.  IMO she has moved on; her days in the limelight are behind.  She just wrote a book with Louise Penny, State of Terror

'State of Terror' is a cautionary tale, say Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

Edited by winsor
Okay, so I'm showing my age.

25 minutes ago, winsor said:

I still consider Idi Amin to be a better choice than Hillary in the sense that NOBODY would be willing to give him free rein (fake nuclear football, etc.).

So you'd have a megalomaniacal black man as your president rather than a lettered female. Impressive. All I have to prove I'm not a racist is a black friend I had in school.

39 minutes ago, winsor said:

The artificially generated hatred of that woman courtesy of the right wing entertainment media in the US is...., wait for it,.......DEPLORABLE!!!!!

2 hours ago, winsor said:

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, billvon said:

Who was it who said "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth?"  The GOP has taken that to heart.

That Nazi guy gets credited with that quote quite often. And if he said it he was correct. It works.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

Edited by gowlerk

56 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Then apparently you swallowed the years of anti-Hillary propaganda pumped out by the GOP.

Nope, just paid close attention to Hillary.  She's no less evil than the Mango Mussolini but less obvious.  He's more like Idi - no filter.

55 minutes ago, billvon said:

Who was it who said "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth?"  The GOP has taken that to heart.

It's been attributed to both Lenin and Goebbels.  The Left and Right use the principle equally.

7 minutes ago, winsor said:

Nope, just paid close attention to Hillary.  She's no less evil than the Mango Mussolini but less obvious.  He's more like Idi - no filter.

Yup, Winsor swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He loves the taste the hate leaves on his palate.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, winsor said:

You're so insightful.  Do you give lessons?

Yes. Consider yourself schooled.
I'm also reasonably sure you would have chosen the German Nazi leader to compare Hilary to if not for being accused of being an example of Godwin's law. But Il Duce will just have to do for you to compare Hilary to. These statements are really quite insightful and show a lot about just who you are. 

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

While there was a boat load of that, and most of the people that hate her are right wing and hate her for the 'propaganda' reasons, there are quite a few reasons to not like her.

Not murder, Benghazi or e-mails. 

I didn't vote for her in 16 (voted for Bernie in the primary), and would have a hard time voting for her any time in the future (which is pretty unlikely).

Rose Law, Whitewater, cattle futures, White House travel office, treatment of the military during the Clinton administration, her inclusion in policy making, her jumping into the New York Senate seat, various votes while she held that seat, that's a short list.

Doesn't change the fact that she was a rather effective SecState, is a halfway decent politician (yes, that's an oxymoron), and a reasonably capable leader. 

She would have been a much, much MUCH better president than Trump was. 
But then again, so would just about anyone.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

is a halfway decent politician (yes, that's an oxymoron), and a reasonably capable leader. 

I think she is a lousy politician. To be a good pol you have to be able to get people to relate to you and like you despite policy differences. That's why Bill was able to unseat Bush. And why the younger Bush was able to beat Gore. But I do agree that she would have been "a reasonably capable leader". That is a near perfect description.

34 minutes ago, kallend said:

Hi John,

I quit reading the WSJ about two yrs ago; they are not an unbiased publication.

Jerry Baumchen