6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

12 minutes ago, kallend said:

Senate judiciary committee hasn't forgotten:

How the Former President and His Allies Pressured DOJ to Overturn the 2020 Election

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Interim Staff Report FINAL.pdf

Long, but the first 6 pages are well worth the time to read.

The Mango Mussolini makes clear the distinction between cunning and credulous.  I suspect he actually buys his own blather.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

Senate judiciary committee hasn't forgotten:

How the Former President and His Allies Pressured DOJ to Overturn the 2020 Election

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Interim Staff Report FINAL.pdf

Long, but the first 6 pages are well worth the time to read.

Hi John,

Yes, they are.   A few snippets from the link:  

The Committee’s investigation to date underscores how Trump’s efforts to use DOJ as a means to overturn the election results was part of his interrelated efforts to retain the presidency by any means necessary.

Trump grossly abused the power of the presidency. He also arguably violated the criminal provisions of the Hatch Act, which prevent any person—including the President—from commanding federal government employees to engage in political activity.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows asked Acting Attorney General Rosen to initiate election fraud investigations on multiple occasions, violating longstanding restrictions on White House-DOJ communications about specific law enforcement matters.

Clark’s proposal to wield DOJ’s power to override the already-certified popular vote reflected a stunning distortion of DOJ’s authority: DOJ protects ballot access and ballot integrity, but has no role in determining which candidate won a particular election.

Sometimes the wheels of justice turn very slowly, but they always keep turning.

Jerry Baumchen

NPR: Documents show Trump lost millions operating D.C. hotel

The company incurred over $70 million in net losses, according to the House Oversight Committee.

The panel said Trump claimed the hotel, on Pennsylvania Avenue a few blocks from the White House, generated $150 million in revenue during his time in office. But it said Trump that "grossly exaggerated the financial health" of the hotel, and that his company had to inject $24 million to aid the facility.

Andy Borowitz: Huge Losses By Trump Hotel During Presidency Suggest He Was Still Running His Business

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Biden declines Trump request to withhold White House records from Jan. 6 committee

It's almost as if Trump is trying to hide something.:tongue:

Hi Robert,

I think by now most of us accept that he is trying to hide 'something.'

Here is where he continues to believe that he still has power:

Trump claims executive privilege can shield them from the subpoenas and document requests

Trump . . .  saying he sent his own letter Friday to the National Archives arguing he has executive privilege rights

Biden Won’t Grant Trump Executive Privilege Over First Batch of Jan. 6 Documents (msn.com)

IMO Trump lives in a very strange world; of his own making.

Jerry Baumchen

On 10/8/2021 at 9:04 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Here is where he continues to believe that he still has power:

Trump claims executive privilege can shield them from the subpoenas and document requests

Trump . . .  saying he sent his own letter Friday to the National Archives arguing he has executive privilege rights

I'll say it again: we need to add some kind of qualification in order even to be eligible to run for president.  I would say at least a familiarity with the rights, responsibilities and limits of the job to which you are applying would be a good place to start.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

I'll say it again: we need to add some kind of qualification in order even to be eligible to run for president.  I would say at least a familiarity with the rights, responsibilities and limits of the job to which you are applying would be a good place to start.  

I don't know, but I think, given the current standards, I'd be willing to accept the admission standards of the local community college.

18 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I don't know, but I think, given the current standards, I'd be willing to accept the admission standards of the local community college.

How about the test given to immigrants applying for citizenship?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

No way in hell Trump gets #12 right.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How about the test given to immigrants applying for citizenship?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

No way in hell Trump gets #12 right.

Seems to me that in the next election anyone who is a truck driver, or is willing to promise more truck drivers, will have a solid advantage. If you aren't up to it then maybe it's time for our first Canadian President.

18 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Seems to me that in the next election anyone who is a truck driver, or is willing to promise more truck drivers, will have a solid advantage. If you aren't up to it then maybe it's time for our first Canadian President.

Interesting thought. 

No way I'd actually want the job. I think it was Arthur C Clarke who wrote "anyone who actually tries for and want the job should be disqualified automatically, based on that.

OTOH, no more having to deal with TFRs when I want to jump. The TFR would be for ME. ;P

But everyone at the DZ would have to go through a Secret Service Background check. THAT would likely be...

Interesting. 

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The end of hired packers?

Maybe a couple fewer, not the end.

At the various larger DZs I've been to, I've heard of (or 'overheard of'):

Foreign nationals working as TIs, Packers & office staff while in the country on a tourist visa for the summer. My (limited) understanding was that they had Tax ID numbers, so they were paid legally. Just not working legally.

Staff (all sorts) and fun jumpers with active arrest warrants. Usually minor stuff (failure to appear for a traffic ticket, that sort of stuff), but I'm pretty sure there were a couple felony folks. 
It was always interesting to see who disappeared if a Sheriff squad car took a turn through the parking lot.

Lots of jumpers have carry permits. Many lock up guns in their cars in the parking lot (legally). No clue how the Secret Service would handle that.

Judge orders Trump to give deposition in a case from 2015:

Trump must give videotaped deposition in protest lawsuit, judge orders

A group of Mexican protesters said they were assaulted during a rally outside Trump Tower in September 2015 over the then-candidate's comments that Mexican immigrants were criminals and rapists.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Honestly, I thought it had to be fake when I first saw it. Turns out Trump really can sink that low.

My thoughts as well. trump's ego has taken an enormous hit. His B757 is grounded. His hotels, golf business and brand have suffered hundreds of millions in losses. Trump drops off Forbes list of America's richest people for the first time in 25 years

His baser instinct is to lash out at perceived enemies whenever he is not being continuously stroked.

Now the ultimate dagger to trumps soul. ....Well the place most people have a soul.

trump Loses In Texas: Election Audit Bill He Begged For Dies In GOP-Led Legislature

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declined to put the election audit bill on the agenda for the special session, despite repeated protestations from Trump, who told the Texas Tribune it would be a “big mistake” for the House not to pass the bill."

On 5/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I am one of those that believes Trump's days in the limelight & power are behind him.  

I think that by 2024 elections, his so-called 'power' will be completely dissipated, with only the true nut-cases still believing in him.

An example:  McKissick defeats pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood to remain South Carolina GOP chair (msn.com)

Jerry Baumchen

I hope and pray that you are right.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I hope and pray that you are right.

Somehow he reminds me of 'Michael Myers,' what with Halloween coming up and all.

Any Schadenfreude that came from seeing Hillary defeated is largely outweighed by having had The Donald do it.

I welcome any event that puts a stake through his political heart - short of putting Hillary in charge.