6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

1 hour ago, gregdemon said:

Who pushed and pushed for the vaccines when people were   laughing and saying it would take years.??  On Yeah Donald.   

Wow. Ok. I’d really like to know more about your thinking here. Do you think Trump was the only person who realised it would be nice to have a vaccine? Do you think he was the only person who thought it would be worthwhile trying to make one?  And if you think Trump had any significant impact in pushing for a vaccine that other politicians wouldn’t have had, how come the first US approved vaccine was developed with no federal funding? How come other countries had programs that produced vaccines at about the same time as the US?

The only vaccine related thing Trump’s administration had direct input on earth as the rollout, and to put it politely that was a fucking shitshow.

4 hours ago, gregdemon said:

I am from Australia  How are  our USA friends (and I mean it I love Americans) going with Biden over there! Gas prices way up, Afghanistan debacle, borders absolute mess....  apart form that he has done a good job  (Not)

That's kind of funny. Gas prices in the northern/eastern quarter of the country (east of the Mississippi, north of I-80) have been stable since the beginning of the year. Creeping up slowly, but in the $3/gal range. Not much above where they were at the beginning of the pandemic. Nowhere near where they bottomed out during all of the shut downs, but that was standard "supply & demand". Traffic congestion is almost back to normal. 

The deal that got us out of Afghanistan was all on Trump. He left office having agreed to let the Taliban take over the country, forced the Afghans to release thousands of Taliban prisoners,US troops reduced to only a couple thousand. 
He also refused to allow a transition team to get the Biden administration 'up to speed' on the situation (or any other situation), so Biden walked into a shit show. 
His choices were to go through with the deal or send tens of thousands of troops back in. 

Not sure what part of the border is a 'mess'. It's still closed to non-commercial traffic (tourists & immigrants). The only people allowed to stay are unaccompanied minors. And the numbers of those are down quite a bit since spring. 

Stop listening to InfoWars, Blaze & Fox.

6 hours ago, gregdemon said:

Who pushed and pushed for the vaccines when people were   laughing and saying it would take years.??  On Yeah Donald. 

Nope.  Pfizer.  Pfizer's vaccine was done and in testing before Trump even had the first glimmer of project Warp Speed.

Who got the USA energy independent  Oh yeah Donald 

Nope.  Obama.  U.S. oil production went up 77% under Obama - and demand leveled out due to his automotive efficiency requirements.  That's why we are energy independent today.  (Trump reversed those efficiency requirements, so expect us to lose that benefit pretty soon.)

Who had a solution to your border situation  yes it was Donald.

Riiight.  He built a wall and had Mexico pay for it.

Better check your sources on that.

How are  our USA friends (and I mean it I love Americans) going with Biden over there! Gas prices way up

Things are going great.  I spend about $80 a year on gas.  How about you?

borders absolute mess

I live here by the border.  They are just fine, thanks.

6 hours ago, gregdemon said:

I am from Australia ...

1 hour ago, kallend said:

That explains a lot.

It may not be all his fault. For the uninitiated: "the centre of criticism, media mogul Rupert Murdoch is facing another fight. This time, it is not about his ties to the Donald Trump presidency but rather focuses on the abundance of media organisations under his ownership in Australia. While Murdoch may be most well-known for owning the parent company of the controversial Fox News in the United States, he also owns close to 70% of Australian newspapers as well as a number of television stations and online news publications in the country."

So imagine 24/7 FOX everywhere. "Climate change denialism has lingered for far too long in Australian popular culture, thanks to a conservative government that has spun the tale to its advantage and to the way information has filtered through one of the world’s most monolithic media markets. Ten years ago, I covered it as a niche issue as a rookie reporter in my home town of Sydney. Ketan Joshi, a communications consultant currently writing a book on climate change denialism in Australia,... media outlets owned by Rupert Murdoch (Murdoch owns 70 percent of the country’s newspaper circulation), the executives who run the Australian economy—remain the country’s most active obstructionists on climate policy. In an effort to maintain power, they deploy classic gaslighting techniques, but on a national level, making Australians doubt themselves, their intelligence, and, chillingly, their reality."

Hi folks,

Another nail in his forgotten coffin:  Big money, sophisticated people are just losing interest in this s--- show

Looks like the movers & shakers are moving on:  'They have better things to do' – Major Republican donors are staying away from Trump (msn.com)

Hank Snow - I'm Moving On - 1967. - YouTube

Jerry Baumchen 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Looks like the need for attention has reached the desperation point:

Donald Trump, son to provide commentary on Evander Holyfield-Vitor Belfort alternate telecast

I have a strange compulsion to watch this in the same way that eric the eel was a must watch in the olympics a few years ago (if anyone remembers that)

Hi folks,

And, one more nail in the Forgotten Coffin:  A pro-Trump group organizing a DC rally for Jan. 6 defendants lost its tax-exempt status - but is still claiming donations are tax-deductible (msn.com)

'But the IRS revoked the group's tax-exempt status after it repeatedly failed to disclose spending.'

Some days it is just hard to win.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Any of you Georgia types have anything to do with this:  Billboard Hailing Donald Trump As Second Coming of Jesus Appears in Georgia (msn.com)

Maybe Trump will just be a figment of our imagination after all.  Would that not be great?

Jerry Baumchen

Trump is the Lord thy God; thou shalt have no other Gods before Him.

I wonder if there was something about that in the 666 laws that Texas just passed?

And why isn't Ron here to talk about all the reasons that this means the End Times are here?

The problem with trying to parody religion is that it is generally impossible to say anything that is clearly more idiotic than the fundamental tenets of said religion.

This is a case in point.  Is this serious or a joke?  Six of one, half a dozen of the other...

BSBD,

Winsor