6 6
JerryBaumchen

Trump - The Forgotten Person

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

then he can't explain why there are millions of unfulfilled jobs in America.

If Tennessee is a little indicative of the rest of the US, the problem isn't the jobs available, but the compensation offered.

Of more than 250,000 jobs listed in Tennesee, only about 3% offer more than $20,000 per year in compensation. Republicans feel the answer to this issue is to make people's lives as miserable as possible so they are willing to work for below poverty wages.

Edited by SkyDekker

56 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

FOX, Hannity, et al;have moved on a bit. But typical Brent. First the economy is failing(at 6% GDP growth), then prices are rising(robust demand), then he can't explain why there are millions of unfulfilled jobs in America. Can't explain why the stock market is up 12% since President Biden won.

The talking points of the FOX /right are parroted by Brent. All a part of the right wing news cycle.Where growth, employers bidding up wages are skipped and Hillary's e-mails covered by Hannity at 6:00 P.M.

The DJIA was up 11.77% the S&P 500 up 13.7% and the Nasdaq up a record 24.17% under Trump.  That is not a FOX news talking point those are the facts. The economy grew 33.4% during the third quarter of 2020 and Kallend thought we were still in a recession.  
Under Biden the last two months have had disappointing jobs numbers (according to MSNBC) despite TRILLIONS in stimulus and what growth there has been in wages has been offset to a degree by rising inflation.  Our southern border remains open with thousands pouring in unabated every week.  No legislation on climate or infrastructure. Shut down an American pipeline costing thousands of good paying union jobs while green lighting a Russian pipeline by removing Trump era sanctions.  We will see in a few days if he can stand up to Putin. Let’s hope so.

(edited)
2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The DJIA was up 11.77% the S&P 500 up 13.7% and the Nasdaq up a record 24.17% under Trump.  That is not a FOX news talking point those are the facts. The economy grew 33.4% during the third quarter of 2020 and Kallend thought we were still in a recession.  
Under Biden the last two months have had disappointing jobs numbers (according to MSNBC) despite TRILLIONS in stimulus and what growth there has been in wages has been offset to a degree by rising inflation.  Our southern border remains open with thousands pouring in unabated every week.  No legislation on climate or infrastructure. Shut down an American pipeline costing thousands of good paying union jobs while green lighting a Russian pipeline by removing Trump era sanctions.  We will see in a few days if he can stand up to Putin. Let’s hope so.

Those index numbers are pretty shitty compared to the previous D president. Actually the market tends to perform better under a D president.

You forgot to mention how in Q2 2020 the economy shrank by 31.4%. Did you know that when you shrink something by 31.4% and then increase it by 33.4% you are overall declining?

We already had this discussion. That is when you found out how percentages worked. If you don't remember, you really should consult a doctor.

Edited by SkyDekker

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I never said it was wrong it just continues to dwell on Trump while ignoring or downplaying more current events.  They have to fill up the news cycle somehow and reporting on the accomplishments of the Biden administration only takes about two minutes.

Why is Hunter Biden one of the things they should be reporting on right now?

13 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Those index numbers are pretty shitty compared to the previous D president. Actually the market tends to perform better under a D president.

You forgot to mention how in Q2 2020 the economy shrank by 31.4%. Did you know that when you shrink something by 31.4% and then increase it by 33.4% you are overall declining?

We will have to wait for the National Bureau of Economic Research to make the official call, but it looks like I was right and you and your pals were wrong.

“My guess is that the NBER dating committee will conclude that it ended in April or May," of 2020, said David Wessel, director of the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at the Washington-based Brookings Institution. The committee "wisely, didn’t rush to that conclusion because no one knew if the virus and the recession would come back."

"I definitely think it's over," said Josh Bivens, research director at the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington-based think tank that focuses on labor issues. Even with the existing gap in employment of about 8.5 million jobs missing from before the pandemic, the committee "might even date its end in June or July of last year."”

https://www.reuters.com/business/is-it-over-yet-still-no-recession-end-date-us-economy-hums-along-2021-05-04/

Considering the recent revalation that Trump and his minions used the Justice Dept as a personal attack dog, using subpoenas (secret ones) to try to find out where leaks about the Russia probe were coming from, I don't think Trump will be 'forgotten' very soon. 

This sort of thing, using offical law enforcement and the judiciary to go after personal enemies is getting into 'totalitarian dictatorship' territory in ways we haven't seen before. 

Hint: Imagine the outrage from the Alt-right if Obama had done anything like this.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

We will have to wait for the National Bureau of Economic Research to make the official call, but it looks like I was right and you and your pals were wrong.

“My guess is that the NBER dating committee will conclude that it ended in April or May," of 2020, said David Wessel, director of the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at the Washington-based Brookings Institution. The committee "wisely, didn’t rush to that conclusion because no one knew if the virus and the recession would come back."

"I definitely think it's over," said Josh Bivens, research director at the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington-based think tank that focuses on labor issues. Even with the existing gap in employment of about 8.5 million jobs missing from before the pandemic, the committee "might even date its end in June or July of last year."”

https://www.reuters.com/business/is-it-over-yet-still-no-recession-end-date-us-economy-hums-along-2021-05-04/

From that article:

US economy is growing at its fastest rate since the early 1980s. Sure sounds like Biden is beating Trump on the economy so far.

Data shows the US economy grew 6.4% annualized in the first Quarter of 2021, but still not back to 2019 levels. That sure sounds like Trump really fucked up 2020, but thankfully Biden is now leading the fastest growing economy  since the 80s.

I can see why you are hunkering for Trump. You prefer showmanship and headlines over actual results.

Fact is 2020 is one of the rare years the economy contracted. Trump's refusal or inability to deal with the COVID pandemic resulted in thousands of extra deaths and a shrinking economy. Your constant desire to applaud that performance shows you either constantly put politics over substance, or you are simply trolling.

20 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

From that article:

US economy is growing at its fastest rate since the early 1980s. Sure sounds like Biden is beating Trump on the economy so far.

Data shows the US economy grew 6.4% annualized in the first Quarter of 2021, but still not back to 2019 levels. That sure sounds like Trump really fucked up 2020, but thankfully Biden is now leading the fastest growing economy  since the 80s.

I can see why you are hunkering for Trump. You prefer showmanship and headlines over actual results.

Fact is 2020 is one of the rare years the economy contracted. 

I’m looking forward to the official declaration of the end date of the recession.  I will remind you, this all started when Kallend claimed we were in a recession last fall and I told him he was wrong because the economy was growing. I suspect we will find out who was right and who was a fool in the next few months.

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m looking forward to the official declaration of the end date of the recession.  I will remind you, this all started when Kallend claimed we were in a recession last fall and I told him he was wrong because the economy was growing. I suspect we will find out who was right and who was a fool in the next few months.

Regardless the economy shrank in 2020. I think you celebrating that makes it pretty clear who the fool is.

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Because they would be reporting it if one of the Trump boys did the same.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/mainstream-media-ignores-lewd-hunter-biden-n-word-texts-to-his-lawyer/

All of Trump's boys were involved with his campaign, his business and his ongoing publicity machine. They were active and public participants in Trump's candidacy and presidency. Hunter Biden is none of those things.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

All of Trump's boys were involved with his campaign, his business and his ongoing publicity machine. They were active and public participants in Trump's candidacy and presidency. Hunter Biden is none of those things.

Hi jakee,

But, you are forgetting that those phony ballots for Joe Biden came from Italy via satellite.  We need the 'mainstream news' to look into this.

:$

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Another nail in The Forgotten Man coffin:  he’s reportedly not being courted by major book publishers to write his post-White House memoirs *

Donald Trump May Have a New Reason to Be Angry With Mike Pence (msn.com)

Now, when a recently, former POTUS cannot get his memoirs published, he is really in the past tense.

Jerry Baumchen

*  Maybe the National Enquirer will publish them.  ;P

5 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Adolf Hitler “did a lot of good things.” according to trump. Of course he did if you're a GOP/trump supporter.

"According to the book, Kelly, a former Marine Corps general, then told Trump that “you cannot ever say anything supportive of Adolf Hitler. You just can’t.”"

Jeez, when did the Marine Corps start embracing cancel culture? No escaping the woke brigade these days.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

"According to the book, Kelly, a former Marine Corps general, then told Trump that “you cannot ever say anything supportive of Adolf Hitler. You just can’t.”"

Jeez, when did the Marine Corps start embracing cancel culture? No escaping the woke brigade these days.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Well, to be fair, Hitler did provide a lot of high-ranking jobs in his administration to the mentally-handicapped, who could not find employment elsewhere. Just as Trump did.

They both built walls! Hitler the Atlantic wall and trump the Mexican border wall.

I guess neither one was successful.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:46 PM, wmw999 said:

I don't think that's a valid binary (who was righ and who was a fool)

Wendy P.

Since both sides would have to improve greatly to achieve mediocrity, I agree that it is neither one nor the other. 

One significant datum is that every trillion in debt translates to $10,000 on the tab of each and every taxpayer.   Thus $30 trillion works out to $300,000  per, above and beyond any other obligations.

With my High School dropout arithmetic, paired with reading the odd history tome, it appears that we are royally screwed - and there is plenty of blame to spread around when the chickens come home to roost (I'm amazed we've made it this far).

If a people get the government they deserve, we are a rather large group of petty morons.

BSBD,

Winsor

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  And I made it possible for them to do this.

Somebody needs to measure his nose.

Trump takes credit for billionaires' race to space (msn.com)

Ha ha ha!

"They love sending rocket ships up. And I made it possible for them to do this. I actually said to my people, 'Let the private sector do it,' " Trump continued.

"These guys want to come in with billions of dollars. Let's lease them facilities, because, you know, you need certain facilities to send up rockets, and we have those facilities. We have the greatest facilities." he added.

"And now, because of what I did, we are leading the pack in space by far."

Yep, it was so visionary of Trump to allow SpaceX to lease Vandenburg, Kennedy and Canaveral in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Whatever woud they have done without him?:rofl: