1 1
JoeWeber

Incentives to vax

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Kinda funny how all the 'Covid is a hoax' crowd claimed that everyone who died had their death blamed on Covid, yet THEY are now claiming that everyone who dies is dying from the vax.

At this point I find nothing funny about this. I am so beyond mad that so many people I held in high regard have turned out to be absolute fucking morons. 

Just now, BIGUN said:

Welcome to the Republican Party. 

You misunderstood, my anger has been bi-partisan but not evenly distributed. 

I was a Republican from the time I could legally vote, I could argue for small government, personal liberties, and fiscal responsibility with the best of them. Maybe you can find some hint of that still remaining in the party but I have a hard time seeing it. I think the last few years have laid bare how hollow some of those ideals truly were.

I'll continue to have some major disagreements with Democrats policy agenda, but I would need electroshock therapy before I could consider myself to be aligned with the Republican party ever again. 

How's that saying go about the company you keep? Jewish space lasers, election deniers, QAnon conspiracy theorists, science deniers, religious bigots... no thanks.

26 minutes ago, DougH said:

I gathered. I guess with two kids under the age of 4 I am feeling less humorous about it because I don't see it getting any better in the future for them.

I understand. Got a 15 year old about to charge head-on into the world and the knowledge that I won't always be able to protect her. We'd like to think we're making a better future for them - and then realize we're not.  

1 hour ago, DougH said:

You misunderstood, my anger has been bi-partisan but not evenly distributed. 

I was a Republican from the time I could legally vote, I could argue for small government, personal liberties, and fiscal responsibility with the best of them. Maybe you can find some hint of that still remaining in the party but I have a hard time seeing it. I think the last few years have laid bare how hollow some of those ideals truly were.

I'll continue to have some major disagreements with Democrats policy agenda, but I would need electroshock therapy before I could consider myself to be aligned with the Republican party ever again. 

How's that saying go about the company you keep? Jewish space lasers, election deniers, QAnon conspiracy theorists, science deniers, religious bigots... no thanks.

Same here. I voted R for just about every major election until 2012. I haven't voted R AT ALL since 2016. And doubt that I ever will again.

MTG tweeted that the 'red states' should 'divorce' the rest of the country. 
She seems to forget that:

A - The stupid fools tried that 160 years ago. And failed.

B - The 14th Amendment bars those who participate in an insurrection from holding office. I'm not sure where the 'participation' line is, but she's getting closer & closer.

Funny how the R 'leadership' is not really answering any questions about this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougH said:

Hi Doug,

I totally agree.  As I have posted numerous times, I was a Republican for over 40 yrs.  I did NOT leave the Republican party, the Republican party left me.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I've been trying to educate him and he responded the other day with, "How come you see all these people falling over dead." My response was, "We've always had that many people falling over dead. What we haven't had is camera phones in everyone's hands filming it." 

Worth also inviting him to source the events in these videos as well. Most of them didn't die, and most of them occurred either pre-Covid or at least pre-vaccine. It's an active disinformation campaign.

EDIT: And I don't mean that as a "challenge" him type thing, I mean it as an actual investigative exercise. If he can see for himself that the people pushing these narratives are actively fluffing it with fake data, the better the odds that he'll be more sceptical in future off his own back.

Edited by mistercwood
  • Like 4

In Florida, State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo did a study on vaccination risk and determined none existed.  He sent out pre-publication copies to colleagues for review.  In that study this was the conclusion:

Conclusion: In this statewide study involving vaccinated persons aged 12 years or older in Florida, no increase in the incidence of natural all-cause, natural all-cause/unknown, or cardiac-related deaths was detected following COVID-19 vaccination. Significant decreases in death incidence following vaccination were observed for some groups evaluated.

One copy made its way to the governor.  And they talked.  And things were . . . changed.  When the final report was released, it had this conclusion:

Conclusion: In this statewide study of vaccinated Florida residents aged 18 years or older, COVID-vaccination was not associated with an elevated risk for all-cause mortality. COVID-19 vaccination was associated with a modestly increased risk for cardiac-related mortality 28 days following vaccination. Results from the stratified analysis for cardiac-related death following vaccination suggests mRNA vaccination may be driving the increased risk in males, especially among males aged 18 - 39. Risk for both all-cause and cardiac-related deaths was substantially higher 28 days following COVID-19 infection. The risk associated with mRNA vaccination should be weighed against the risk associated with COVID-19 infection.

See if you can tell the difference between those two.

I wonder how many half-million-dollar vacations Dr. Lapado got for making those changes?

Hi folks,

As we continue to say, 'You cannot fix stupid':  the perils of mixing partisan politics with medical advice and health policy.

A political gap in excess COVID deaths widened after vaccines arrived : NPR

The GOP needs to correct this or there will not be enough of them to win an election.

But, then again, . . . 

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

As we continue to say, 'You cannot fix stupid':  the perils of mixing partisan politics with medical advice and health policy.

A political gap in excess COVID deaths widened after vaccines arrived : NPR

The GOP needs to correct this or there will not be enough of them to win an election.

But, then again, . . . 

Jerry Baumchen

But they died secure in the knowledge that they'd owned the libs.  Rather like Horace Cain and the mask.

Fun one:

Sheri Tenpenny is a rather disgraceful doctor. She's been 'fringe' for a while and anti-vax for quite a while.

In June of 2021, she testified before an Ohio State House committee that the Covid vaccine would magnetize the recipients and 'interface with cell phone towers' (really).

After 350 complaints were made, the Ohio state Medical Board opened an investigation.

She declined to participate.

So, as a result of that non-participation, her medical license has been suspended indefinitely.

To be clear: The board did NOT suspend her license because of her idiotic claims.

It was because:

she refuted investigators who came to visit, declined to answer written questions, and completely objected to inquiries by regulators.

Source:
https://www.politicalflare.com/2023/08/ohio-doctor-claimed-vaccines-magnetized-people-now-shes-lost-her-medical-license/

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Fun one:

Sheri Tenpenny is a rather disgraceful doctor. She's been 'fringe' for a while and anti-vax for quite a while.

In June of 2021, she testified before an Ohio State House committee that the Covid vaccine would magnetize the recipients and 'interface with cell phone towers' (really).

After 350 complaints were made, the Ohio state Medical Board opened an investigation.

So, as a result of that non-participation, her medical license has been suspended indefinitely.

To be clear: The board did NOT suspend her license because of her idiotic claims.

It was because:

Source:
https://www.politicalflare.com/2023/08/ohio-doctor-claimed-vaccines-magnetized-people-now-shes-lost-her-medical-license/

Hi Joe,

Crazies gotta be crazy.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Fun one:

It was because:

Source:

Such a shame. It would be rather handy to carry silverware stuck to your face.

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

According to this there should be NO INCENTIVE to vaxx....."The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision."

How many millions of children were offered free french fries, or Nurses who were told they'd be fired if they didn't.... Sounds like COERCION to me ... Dozens of Government Officials were hung for doing this after the Second World War.

Check this out .. FREE SEX 

https://nypost.com/2021/11/09/brothel-offers-vaccinations-and-free-sexual-session-in-bold-incentive-program/

Dude, take a chill pill. I've had seven Covid jabs, three under the Dutch system and four here in the US. As soon as the rejiggered bivalent jab is ready I will have had 8. Getting the vaccine is smart for the individual and smart for a member of society who is out and about exercising their free migration rights. Just like not speeding through a school zone it's what you do if you care more about not harming others than you do about being a several minutes to a critical doctors appointment.  The jab is safe and all of the counter arguments are weak either factually or statistically. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA shots are fully approved by the FDA. Have been for about a year and a half.

Wendy P.

So's Thalidomide.

When taking any medication there is a balance between therapeutic and side effects.  Since there is religious zeal associated with COVID-19 and its treatments, it's hard to get a handle on the benefit to detriment ratio.

The adverse effect tracking process for the mRNA therapies was truly execrable.  I am quite familiar with fatalities that resulted directly from Moderna and Pfizer inoculation, none of which were listed as adverse effects.  I guess the thought was that they were going to die eventually anyway, so at least they died vaccinated.

Though I take medications when appropriate, working in the industry for a few decades instills a healthy level of skepticism.  A redefinition of "vaccine" was necessary to include mRNA therapies, since they fit into the category of 'other' on the basis of the longstanding definition of the term.

A paper authored by parties with MD and PhD credentials is not automatically valid; I have seen one dissertation that refuted a previous dissertation line and verse, and both authors are now addressed as 'Doctor.'  I have been stunned by how weak is the grasp of Probability and Statistics by some researchers whose profession is the study of Stochastic Processes, and that is more typical than I would have guessed.

There are very good medications that never get approved, some are approved and are never marketed, some are remarkably effective but are not profitable enough and cease to be made, and others never should have been approved in the first place.

The mRNA therapies induce the production of thrombotic, cytotoxic spike proteins.  If these stay localized in the deltoid (which they sometimes do), their effects are reasonably predictable.  When they circulate throughout the body, all bets are off.

You pays your money and your takes your chances.

BSBD,

Winsor

1 hour ago, winsor said:

So's Thalidomide.

Ummmmm...

No.

Thalidomide was NEVER approved by the FDA 'back in the day', despite significant pressure from the pharmaceutical companies.

It's currently approved for a few specific uses, with very strict restrictions for pregnant women.

• Like 2