1 1
kallend

Liz Cheney

18 minutes ago, lippy said:

Well fuck a duck, I wish you weren’t right on this one. 

I'd prefer not to be.

But I strongly suspect that we haven't seen how low the GOP can go. 

Trying to find bamboo in the ballots in Arizona is the current level of stupidity.
I don't doubt they will exceed it.
No clue how, but I'm pretty sure they'll find a way.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2021/05/06/arizona-election-audit-now-searching-bamboo-our-ballots/4974025001/

38 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Wanna bet?

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I'd prefer not to be.

But I strongly suspect that we haven't seen how low the GOP can go. 

Trying to find bamboo in the ballots in Arizona is the current level of stupidity.
I don't doubt they will exceed it.
No clue how, but I'm pretty sure they'll find a way.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2021/05/06/arizona-election-audit-now-searching-bamboo-our-ballots/4974025001/

I thought the last four years of US government were as low as you could go. Certainly Jan 6th was low.

Nah the worst is yet to come. Sooner or later and it looks like later. The GOP will have to kick trump to the curb. That should be the basement.

"The National Republican Congressional Committee did not disclose internal polling that found dismal numbers for former President Donald Trump in key swing districts during the House GOP retreat in April, according to two sources who spoke with The Washington Post.

During a presentation at the Florida retreat, NRCC staffers reportedly withheld the information even when pressed by a member of Congress regarding Trump's support.

The polling data showed Trump's favorability ratings underwater, with his unfavorable ratings 15 points higher than his favorable numbers, according to The Post."

Why does is it so impossible for the GOP fools to grasp that:

1. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016.

2. Trump lost the popular vote by an even larger margin in 2020 after the nation had experienced 4 years of his "leadership".

It takes a complete imbecile to think that supporting Trump in 2024 is a winning strategy.

They don't care about polls.

They don't care about reality.

They know full well that big business, who have spent the last 40 years buying the Republican party, won't support Trump or the Rs aligned with him.

They don't care about that either.

They only care about the "Trump faithful."

The 70 million plus who voted for Trump. 
Who think the election was 'stolen'. 
Who are dumb enough to keep giving money.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:52 PM, kallend said:

I disagree with just about all of Rep. Cheney's policy positions, but to punish her for not promoting a huge lie is about as low as you can go.

Not even close. Cheney’s a willing participant in the GOP machine despite knowing exactly who they are and how they operate. Good for her standing up on this one issue, but there’s a hell of a lot more she’s happy brushing under the carpet. If the majority of party faithful want someone with even less moral fibre at the top level then I don’t know why anyone in the outside would shed a tear for her.

The GOP are indeed going far lower as we speak. Using their gerrymandered, undemocratically gained power to pass multiple election laws that are transparently aimed at allowing them to simply steal more elections in future. 

Probably the lowest thing they’re doing right now are the GOP states introducing huge personal financial and penal liabilities for election administrators for things that could happen as a result of minor and isolated administrative errors or falling slightly behind schedule. It’s easy to see this as both retaliation against honest Republican and Democrat election officials who refused to facilitate the GOPs attempt to steal the election, and an intimidatory stick to wield against them when they try and steal the next elections as well.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

They don't care about polls.

The 70 million plus who voted for Trump. 
Who think the election was 'stolen'. 
Who are dumb enough to keep giving money.

Dumb? How about the calculations of the GOP? About the mindset of Mitch McConnell? About "As McConnell gears up for obstruction, 43 percent of Republican voters say they prefer bipartisanship"

The current GOP understands its all about feeding red meat to the shrinking base. Gerrymandering and all the voting law amendments are necessary. If the ageing base wants to maintain control of the senate. Wants to hold back the hordes of new demographics coming from both coasts.

Partisanship has worked on gun issues, on everything else. Obstruct, lie, feed the base. For the GOP its lasted a long time.

Its all about war and using whatever tools are necessary to win.

It's not surprising they're still behind Trump - he's shown them a whole new way to work and proven that they can get away with it next time.

Direct communication, lies, hyperbole, fear and showmanship are more valuable than statesmanship and experience when all you're interested in is power.

• Like 3

Hi folks,

Re:  Throwing Liz under the bus:  There is an old saying about 'eating your own, that I do not completely remember.

And, here is another example:  South Carolina Bans 'Vaccine Passports,' Mask Mandates : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

It's almost if they are trying to become extinct.  :speaknoevil:  :hearnoevil:  :seenoevil:

Jerry Baumchen

20 hours ago, yoink said:

It's not surprising they're still behind Trump - he's shown them a whole new way to work and proven that they can get away with it next time.

Direct communication, lies, hyperbole, fear and showmanship are more valuable than statesmanship and experience when all you're interested in is power.

Liz Cheney was stripped of her leadership post because she committed the unpardonable sin in 2021’s Republican Party: She spoke the truth  and refused to back down. Whatever she was before, she is a voice of conscience now, reminding her colleagues of their Faustian bargain.