PIXIP

Missouri - know a good place for Escrow\Fun Jumps\Formation flying?

Hello All. greetings from Israel.
I'll spend this month in Columbia, Missouri for business. Decided to take the opportunity to find a used rig and send it to a Rigger Escrow somewhere close to there.
Also, with or without connection to that, i'd like to do some jumps while i'm there! i'd be happy to find a place which is not so far, not so tandem oriented, and maybe even with nice jumpers that want to jump with me (54 jumps)...!

Any leads? תודה

Ok this is strange.
I've been mailing and recently calling the few DZ's there. They never come back with an answer, but gave me some phone numbers so i called the riggers. I'm probably doing something wrong as i can't find anyone to help, and one actually just said "you're not a skydiver in this DZ, so i'm not interested and good luck to you" before hanging up, after i told him i'm calling from overseas and wanted to know if he can serve as 3rd party for a fee to check the rig and handle the money, and that I'm visiting for business only for a few days. Obviously, it's his choice to say no, but i felt like he got the feeling i'm insulting him or doing something illegal by calling from overseas and asking to find a rigger Escrow. I actually planned on jumping in that DZ, with the rig in question (after examination) or without.

I'll be arriving to the states tomorrow for about 6 days. I'm thinking now to have it shipped by the buyer to my hotel and take my chances with Paypal's insurance as i have no more ideas at this point

diablopilot

Perhaps you don't realize it, but what you're asking for an the way you describe it sound very similar to a common scam technique used sometime on this site.

yeah another dropzone told me riggers are afraid of it.
how is it possible, if I asked for the rigger to get both the rig and the moeny + fee and only after checking it send them both to the other party. I can't see any other way it could work anyway.