brenthutch

China’s CO2 exceeds all the developed world combined

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-06/china-s-emissions-now-exceed-all-the-developed-world-s-combined

Yet some still believe their rooftop solar panels, EV and Whole Foods reusable tote bag will “save the planet”.

Our war on CO2 has done nothing other than to ship our CO2 output and our jobs to China.  Good job Democrats.

Edited by brenthutch

Give up! Roll over, brent says wave the white flag because he's now completely impotent against climate change that is not happening and happening at the same time!

In other news, China emits about 25% per person of CO2 compared to the USA. They just have a lot of people.

Blaming the war on CO2 for shipping manufacturing output to China is hilarious, and last time I looked, the US president who convinced China to open up wasn't a democrat.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, olofscience said:

In other news, China emits about 25% per person of CO2 compared to the USA. They just have a lot of people.

Per capita emissions?  That is extraordinarily soft thinking.  Do you really think the planetary systems give a toss about per capita emissions?

Edited by brenthutch

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

Give up! Roll over, brent says wave the white flag because he's now completely impotent against climate change that is not happening and happening at the same time!

Yep.  I always get a laugh over the climate change deniers who change their form of denial about five times a day.

"There's no such thing as climate change!  It was just as warm 20 years ago!"
"Of course there's climate change.  No one is arguing that!  But we're not doing it."
"Of course we are doing it; only an idiot would argue differently.  But it's China's fault, not ours."
"Of course we're doing it!  But it's all good.  The GREENING OF THE PLANET!  How can you be against that?"

And repeat.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That is extraordinarily soft thinking.

Well, you'll have to explain how your logic jumps from solar, whole foods, EVs and reusable bags in the US to exporting jobs to China. Because I would call that "nonsensical thinking" or not thinking at all.

Hint: the reason jobs moved to China isn't CO2.

6 hours ago, olofscience said:

Well, you'll have to explain how your logic jumps from solar, whole foods, EVs and reusable bags in the US to exporting jobs to China. Because I would call that "nonsensical thinking" or not thinking at all.

Hint: the reason jobs moved to China isn't CO2.

The logic is simple; our CO2 mitigation efforts (solar panels, EVs, “green” lifestyle choices and a regulatory crackdown on heavy industry) have done NOTHING to lower global CO2 levels.
The jobs moved to China because of cheap/slave labor (AKA not union) and lax/nonexistent environmental regulations.  The CO2 just followed the jobs.  

I am still waiting for you to explain just how planetary systems can differentiate total CO2 emissions from per capita CO2 emissions.  Do plants become less green when fertilized with “per capita” CO2?:rofl:

8 hours ago, olofscience said:

Give him a day or two.  He'll be claiming the opposite because he saw something on Youtube.  Perhaps "if Biden is so great, why do we emit more CO2 than China per capita?  He's a HYPOCRITE!"

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The jobs moved to China because of cheap/slave labor (AKA not union) and lax/nonexistent environmental regulations.

But you said:

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Our war on CO2 has done nothing other than to ship our CO2 output and our jobs to China.

You were implying that the war on CO2 is to blame for the jobs going to China.

Then you said cheap/slave labor is the cause. If cheap labor is the cause then any war on CO2 wouldn't matter would it?

So which one is it?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I am still waiting for you to explain just how planetary systems can differentiate total CO2 emissions from per capita CO2 emissions.

I didn't say any such thing, it seems I'm living rent-free in your head and making imaginary arguments. Focus on the things I actually say.