1 1
SethInMI

skydive museum / wingsuit tunnel

skydive museum / wingsuit tunnel  

14 members have voted

1. 1. is this really going to happen?

• yes. all the hard work and money spent on the museum will be worth it
    • no, this plan will fall apart and get repeatedly postponed

All information about the failure of building a Skydiving Museum is out there. Albert Berchtold is one of the nine who voted no to the ripoff. There are members of the BOD who were there in February 2002 when the Museum Trustees assured the BOD that USPA would not have to put in any money and said again --- "it would not be a USPA Museum".

20CD247A-13EE-49DF-AEA4-764A3C8094B0_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, SethInMI said:

parachutist article says the first wingsuit tunnel in the USA and the skydiving museum will be built in FL. 

I can't seem to find that article, but I have seen something about it recently. It's far more likely to end up in Dubai.

FWIW, this is the webpage where the museum organization lays out its plans and attempts to answer the critics. https://skydivingmuseum.org/news/ismhof-your-questions-answered

Apparently they think that people other than skydivers are interested in watching skydive videos. Long experience has taught all of us they the rest of the world finds them just plain boring. That's why it has never been able to become a sport that can make money from TV.

MASSIVE VIDEO WALL
The “Pre-Flight Atrium” will have an immense video wall featuring skydiving videos that will be visible through the glass window wall of the atrium at great distance.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

(edited)

Property has been purchased.

Is there sound research on the economic sustainability of the Museum & Hall of Fame?

Yes.  Before purchasing the future site of the International Skydiving Museum & Hall of Fame, ConsultEcon in Cambridge, Massachusetts was retained to assess the economic feasibility of the project and the location.  ConsultEcon is a well-respected economic analysis firm specializing in assessing museum projects worldwide.  Their research-validated the proposed location and plans for the facility as economically viable.

Edited by BMAC615

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I can't seem to find that article

I guess it wasn't an article, it was a full page inside cover ad, and I see the website says the wingsuit windtunnel will be part of it, but doesn't have the "location next to Disney World" bit of news yet.

KXwYJwnrQ-Kl7RpDR3fkl8RZ4aCIDJDR9aFZJz6Jzd4J0e3NGj6A25hdngCigNTguI-3pPhRi5u_3DG7bLB3oB6AOcwDIE6D3aQj7WOrPQNxznvA_1GPR_Xk_9xfEimrqTOnIwJvfufxW-5CXQH4Dv2mtSmAlxXCyxC8QZlisSE0AibFfDENRncQZGnpbBL1NUhjevDqTfTxkp_RsMv3QTj73KiPF2RJFTye1_i9_G0IqTV4YYvx7g1cJRKdCEAshsfn4iqsLsFHybPyeaCjVb8g3nLQ9uxIsxeCIrksHxX9WX3PuE1kKZD6OxZHrOfKlVpiozYQOUL1M7ANw1_kdfpwaehONIREGFKabTma1kinMhS-XtDb_Gdt2mCzrkrjciGliRZtfQLMh2xL8X6bjsdz6pgx6GXX35jndEDRX1sp2Ya2fgIzaVhE7kDNE3kfiXHa0gtXw7MTnsVxP5MX9bLtiAL_fnGQJw0RK8dc0qSgCJoP27xgtMUI4ri1Wd7yfQJGvoxuPLkYsjadWX-hTUsVa9P48SAD45qQd_U4IJ1XQvxm4zD-yyUhtuYXB_GeEXEBUhNY2rLy-NAkhsnCCaQ8COcgQFSHiLFdfpT5XK2y6u3TODFT5Ou8BC9wu8QBcdosQa09BLjVWFUFLkZ8MllRy2sU0DeAI8yYTaM44rKVQYNP81VUbBNHTnpQDdjwXwaVWFA70IwyXapBGuwLPzU-=w863-h893-no?authuser=0