9 9
jeanneretjerome

Altimeter for Garmin Fenix 5 & 6 for FREE

Hello All,

I developed a very simple Apps for Garmin Fenix (5,6) watches. The Apps gives you the altitude, vario/speed, max vario/speed, g and maximum g.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d845c527-7383-4073-93db-2fc1c7ac1bf5.

For better accuracy, the altitude is measured via the barometric sensor, the GPS should be OFF.

You can set a safety altitude where the watch will vibrates and bips. Not too sure it will be loud enough ;)

I was nervous with the refresh time of the alti, but users report good feedback. I am not a developer, so be indulgent.

Also, for the one flying paraglider and doing acro, I also developed an App…

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1917603a-662c-4aab-a487-328822c4ad5c.

• Like 3

Hello all,

The new version is recording the data which are then available on the mobile Apps Connect. So, you can see speed, g, pulse.

I forgot to mention that the barometer of the Fenix should be set to "altimeter" in the standard watch menu. The altimeter calibration should be set to "manual", no automatic GPS calibration during the activity ;)

For the one doing PG-Acro, a new version is also available. 

If you have any idea for improvement, please do not hesitate.

be safe, Jerome 

• Like 1

Hello all, a new version is in beta. I added a page with 3D speed and vertical speed for the parachute ride. The Apps will warn you if you approach the triggers conditions of cypres or vigil.

All data are recorded and sent to the Garmin Connect for analysis. You can then easily review the jumps and check that you do not approach AAD triggers for exemple.

please let me know your ideas for future development.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d845c527-7383-4073-93db-2fc1c7ac1bf5

• Like 1

To solve the Garmin new firmware bug with fast descent, the Apps has been modified and does not take the Altitude value from Garmin object, but read the raw barometric pressure. Users have reported excellent accuracy. Let me know your thoughts.

The Apps is not yet compatible with Tactix, but will have a look if I can added it. 

Unfortunately the first link you provided is not valid. Would you be able to share the code of the app?

The page you are looking for was not found.

If you were looking for a specific app, it may no longer be available, or you may not have permission to view it.

Unfortunately Garmin removed the app. They do not support skydiving, basejumping nor any risky sport. I am going to remove all specific skydiving functions in the app and reposted it.

For the ones who would like the full dkydiving app, they can drop me a email with watch type and i will send the app by email.

sorry for that

jerome 

unfortunately, it will not work for Fenix 3, only these:

• Descent™ MK2, Descent™MK2i
  • Descent™ Mk2S
  •  Enduro™
  •  fēnix® 5, quatix® 5
  •  fēnix® 5 Plus
  •  fēnix® 5S
  •  fēnix® 5S Plus
  •  fēnix® 5X, tactix® Charlie
  •  fēnix® 5X Plus
  •  fēnix® 6
  •  fēnix® 6 Dual Powe
  • fēnix® 6 Pro, fēnix® 6 Sapphire
  •  fēnix® 6 Pro Dual Power
  •  fēnix® 6 Pro Solar
  •  fēnix® 6 Solar
  •  fēnix® 6S
  •  fēnix® 6S Dual Power
  •  fēnix® 6S Pro, fēnix® 6S Sapphire
  •  fēnix® 6S Pro Dual Power
  •  fēnix® 6S Pro Solar
  •  fēnix® 6S Solar
  •  fēnix® 6X Pro, fēnix® 6X Sapphire, fēnix® 6X Pro Solar, tactix® Delta Sapphire, quatix® 6X Solar, tactix® Delta Solar, tactix® Delta Solar Ballisitcs
  •  fēnix® Chronos
  •  quatix® 6
  •  quatix® 6X, quatix® 6X Solar, quatix® 6X Dual Power
  •  Venu® 2
  •  Venu® 2S

On 9/12/2021 at 6:26 AM, jeanneretjerome said:

Unfortunately Garmin removed the app. They do not support skydiving, basejumping nor any risky sport. I am going to remove all specific skydiving functions in the app and reposted it.

For the ones who would like the full dkydiving app, they can drop me a email with watch type and i will send the app by email.

sorry for that

jerome 

I saw that it's back up, with a little disclaimer. What are the actual differences between the Garmin Connectiq version and the sideload version? 

Following several requests, I wrote a short instruction manual for the Garmin App.

Direction and distance to the dropzone has been added. I am quiet astonished by the capacity of the Garmin GPS to get fixes while in the aircraft... OK PC6 so not too big a/c.

The glide ratio is in testing and will be released in few days. 

Let me know any error.

Safe jumps

Operating Manual.pdf

Implementation of a new functionality requested by users.

When the the GPS quality is poor, direction and distance to dropzone are displayed in Red and not anymore in Blue.

I am working on providing specific messages to users i.e. when they have approached the AAD vertical speed a message will be displayed in the Garmin Mobile Connect.   

• Like 1

It should work with Epix. I did not yet have the time to test it.

Connect your garmin to your PC and copy this file into the Garmin/app folder and it should be ok. You should see an altimeter app into the Garmin. 

be aware you need to be outside to use. During the initiation, the Garmin will get a position fix, which will be assumed to be the dropzone.

BarometricAltimeter.prg

• Like 1