gowlerk

Women as chattel

Apparently if you have enough money and power you are allowed to own the women in your family. 

https://us.cnn.com/2021/04/30/sport/sheikh-mohammed-kentucky-derby-ban-2021-spt-intl/index.html

The petition argued that the alleged human rights abuses by the Sheikh were a violation of Kentucky race commission code which states that people whose conduct are considered to be undesirable reflects on the honesty and integrity of the sport.

But, the dude spends a lot of money on horses so we'll just let it slide.

Edited by gowlerk
incorrect link

You're surprised?   

I mean, even skydivers love the UAE.  Look at how often Dubai graces Parachutist's pages and how many politically active jumpers have proudly posted pictures of their trips there.  Personally I don't understand why a gay person or any woman would want to travel there, much less live there, but that's just me...

18 minutes ago, skybytch said:

You're surprised?   

I mean, even skydivers love the UAE.  Look at how often Dubai graces Parachutist's pages and how many politically active jumpers have proudly posted pictures of their trips there.  Personally I don't understand why a gay person or any woman would want to travel there, much less live there, but that's just me...

I'm with you on that. I would never take their money. The whole enterprise is built on evil.

22 minutes ago, skybytch said:

You're surprised?   

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

I'm with you on that. I would never take their money. The whole enterprise is built on evil.

Oh comeon. Joe will be along shortly to tell everyone that skydivers are among the biggest whores anywhere. Anything for cheap jumps or something free.

The UAE, Dubai, Saudi's, etc. trump made his first visit to Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile ""In consultation with counsel, and according to Kentucky regulations, the KHRC has determined the complaint does not articulate a violation of KHRC regulations.".

So yes, for the rich who own horses. Women and children are chattels. Or is it horses are more valuable?

15 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So yes, for the rich who own horses. Women and children are chattels. Or is it horses are more valuable?

Money erases ethics. My wants blind me to violations of my stated ethics. Same thing. 

6 minutes ago, skybytch said:

Money erases ethics. My wants blind me to violations of my stated ethics. Same thing. 

The IPPC holds world competitions in Dubai. Qatar bought the FIFA World Cup for next year. You are correct.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

The IPPC holds world competitions in Dubai. Qatar bought the FIFA World Cup for next year. You are correct.

and Russia's IOC cheating scandals, List of Olympic Games scandals and controversies.

Which has nothing on FIFA corruption and of course to get back on topic: FIFA’s Sexist Shadow Looms Over U.S. Women’s World Cup Victory

Men making money off the sweat of women, nothing new here.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It is a practice condoned by their religion.  You guys a just a bunch of bigoted Islamophobes ;P

Appears that it is also a practice condoned by many white men in power.  Y'know, the religion of money.

54 minutes ago, skybytch said:

Appears that it is also a practice condoned by many white men in power.  Y'know, the religion of money.

There is no history of suppression of women in white Christian European culture. None at all. There never has been, only Muslims would do that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

There is no history of suppression of women in white Christian European culture. None at all. There never has been, only Muslims would do that.

Nor in Asian or African cultures. Zip zilch zero. It's pretty impressive how only them ragheads would do such things. 

On 5/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, Phil1111 said:

Oh comeon. Joe will be along shortly to tell everyone that skydivers are among the biggest whores anywhere. Anything for cheap jumps or something free.

The UAE, Dubai, Saudi's, etc. trump made his first visit to Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile ""In consultation with counsel, and according to Kentucky regulations, the KHRC has determined the complaint does not articulate a violation of KHRC regulations.".

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling. Skydivers are among the biggest whores anywhere. But we really aren't more easily bought than everyone else. Apparently, when the sheik decided to buy Airspeed the money was enough to get Eliana to ignore any ethical considerations.