brenthutch

No longer fueled by hatred....

sources? I live in PA and I can't find anything about a PBS drive against Trump. 

Especially considering you're geographic area, thats trump country. Even if your premise was true:

1)A Problem solved needs less resources

2)Sounds like the minority (anti-trump) were doing the lions share to help the community. Doesn't really align with the narrative that Libs just want a hand out, makes them sound generous

Not a drive against Trump per se, but a lack of motivation from his absence in the White House.  With Trump gone, the kaleidoscope of lefty interest will begin to loose cohesion.   With CA, IL, and NY loosing seats and TX, FL and NC gaining seats, it is all but assured that Pelosi will loose the gavel and with it the dream of a new progressive era.:`(

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Not a drive against Trump per se, but a lack of motivation from his absence in the White House.  With Trump gone, the kaleidoscope of lefty interest will begin to loose cohesion.   With CA, IL, and NY loosing seats and TX, FL and NC gaining seats, it is all but assured that Pelosi will loose the gavel and with it the dream of a new progressive era.:`(

Pelosi is not a progressive.  It is time for her to go, because her competence is waning, not because of her policies. 

Brent’s just happy NPR had a bad drive. The fact that it came during a year of financial uncertainty during a pandemic year that probably hit a college town harder than most is irrelevant. It gives him an opportunity to one-up at someone’s expense. 
Wendy P. 

29 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The fact that it came during a year of financial uncertainty during a pandemic year that probably hit a college town harder than most is irrelevant. It gives him an opportunity to one-up at someone’s expense. 
Wendy P. 

Our local NPR affiliate hit its goal early last year during the lockdown, when much uncertainty was looming. This year, they set a one day record for donations on the last day when it looked as if they would not achieve their goal, so it is not financial hardship, IMO it is apathy.  I am not one-uping anyone, it was just an observation, and a valid one at that.  An early indicator if you will.

38 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Brent’s just happy NPR had a bad drive. The fact that it came during a year of financial uncertainty during a pandemic year that probably hit a college town harder than most is irrelevant. It gives him an opportunity to one-up at someone’s expense. 
Wendy P. 

That and Brent's perpetual grasping of straws to add to his life-jacket as the ship goes down. The GOP base has yet to implement any cohesive resistance to President Biden's hefty spending and social programs.

Instead they rely upon the rantings of Tucker Carlson about children being abused by following intelligent health guidelines. The fake news of national mandates of no beef.

With trump wallowing in depression and self pity in the trumpenbunker. The GOP is rudderless, castrated, even lobotomized. Brent wants to feel better but everywhere he looks America is coming back.From successful Biden directives and initiatives.

Its demoralizing to Brent.

7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Pelosi is not a progressive.  It is time for her to go, because her competence is waning, not because of her policies. 

It's past time for every elected official over the Social Security retirement age to be gone, and not just for competence issues.  

</thread drift> 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

You could replace Peloci with AOC and the Dems still loose the House.  (Obama lost 64 during his first midterm.  If they loose six they loose the House)

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You could replace Peloci with AOC and the Dems still loose the House.  (Obama lost 64 during his first midterm.  If they loose six they loose the House)

Rational, I suppose, from a Conservative leaning, Libertarian, non-Progressive, Numerologistic, Randian point of view.

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

That and Brent's perpetual grasping of straws to add to his life-jacket as the ship goes down. The GOP base has yet to implement any cohesive resistance to President Biden's hefty spending and social programs.

That’s the thing, Republicans don’t have to do anything.  The average Joe Sixpack will when he sees what Biden’s “initiatives” are costing him in gas and groceries. You might be too young to remember what inflation did to Jimmy Carter.

26 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That’s the thing, Republicans don’t have to do anything.  The average Joe Sixpack will when he sees what Biden’s “initiatives” are costing him in gas and groceries. You might be too young to remember what inflation did to Jimmy Carter.

Keep drinking that Kool-aid that the GOP needs to do nothing. Meanwhile the scandals of the GOP continue. Not a week goes by without new arrests or search warrants being executed. meanwhile the GOP boos Mitt Romney.

Who is the current leader of the GOP?

Just now, Phil1111 said:

We'll see if Brent agrees or not.

Don’t watch, from what I understand he is like the Lawrence O’Donnell of the right.  I do agree that the GOP is currently rudderless, then again so were the Dems before Bill Clinton.  I’m not really a cult of personality guy, I’m more of a policy guy.  Obama was immeasurably better than Trump as a human being, but Trump’s policies were more aligned with what I think are best for our country.

22 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Carlson Tucker.

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Don’t watch, from what I understand he is like the Lawrence O’Donnell of the right.  I do agree that the GOP is currently rudderless, then again so were the Dems before Bill Clinton.  I’m not really a cult of personality guy, I’m more of a policy guy.  Obama was immeasurably better than Trump as a human being, but Trump’s policies were more aligned with what I think are best for our country.

So he does agree!:D