pvandevelde

PD Pulse vs FluidWings Prime

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking about upsizing from an Echo 150 to a 170 or even 190 PD Pulse or FW Prime: both manufacturers claim (for the mentioned wings) hassle-free openings, flat glide and easy landings.

Is there anyone who would be able to compare the Pulse with a Prime regarding these characteristics?

Philippe
B-49110

Unsure about a Prime, but having seen people try to land a Pulse, I'd recommend you look into a ZPX Pilot 9 as well.  It will have the same pack volume as a Prime or a Pulse, but will be all ZP and will have significantly better flare and be much easier to land well.

On 5/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, lyosha said:

Unsure about a Prime, but having seen people try to land a Pulse, I'd recommend you look into a ZPX Pilot 9 as well.  It will have the same pack volume as a Prime or a Pulse, but will be all ZP and will have significantly better flare and be much easier to land well.

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'm interested in a Pulse (and maybe the Prime), but I'd love to know what you mean about the landings. Is it just that the power comes late in the flare?

15 hours ago, JosephRose said:

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'm interested in a Pulse (and maybe the Prime), but I'd love to know what you mean about the landings. Is it just that the power comes late in the flare?

I think it's more like "there is a lot less power in the flare, so you have to flare much harder and deeper".

The outcome is people land on their ass, a lot.