DrSher

Please help me out with your opinions, if you will.

Hi guys. I am looking for a cool DZ to hang out with other skydivers all weekend, sleep at, get up, jump and have barbeques.

What makes this trickier is that I am also trying to find a place with lots of kids and kid activities. Any place with climbing wall?

So I am looking for a utopia. Is there such a place?

There is still lots of time to learn it..

Yes, had to list something. My location is very much in flux as both me and wifey travel a lot with jobs.

I will study both these locations you mention. Thanks.

Ideally, I am looking for something in PNW. Not looking for daycare, but just a place where all the bored skydiver kiddos can hang out. In DZ's in old days, kids used to get bored so fast. I could bring a soccer ball and organize a kiddo league, have someone get a climbing wall going and then ask my wife to organize the neglected spouse (as long as you stay out) thing.

A place with good beer and multi tap is a must and an extra bonus if you got Guiness and Vegan Pizza at all times. Cannot think about anything else.. Yes, a hall for XBOX tournament on days with so and so weather, or so and so planes. A volley ball net maybe?

deland.... climbing wall is tiny, but still there:D and open 7 days a week and always lots of kids. Barbeques can be arranged. Bar and restaurant on the dropzone....

I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Elisha

Perris/Eloy probably...but you list Spokane as your location.

Maybe Kapowsin or nearby. I don't know Washington well.

Kapowsin is my home DZ. It's very kid and dog friendly, but no climbing walls or regularly scheduled barbecues. There is a fenced dog run and a play ground for the kids. We also have a Super Otter, Super Caravan, and Porter at your beck and call for making all the jumps you want. B|

There's a bunkhouse minutes from the DZ. Also a Super 8 motel and shopping just down the road.

CrashProne

My ONLY gripe about Kapowsin is the jumpers taste in beer... Can't you see we're well enough stocked with Busch and Busch Light? Would it kill you to bring in a nice IPA once in a while??????

I bought beer not too long ago, a case of a dark wheat IPA. It sat there for a month. I think I was the only one drinking it each evening. :D

Look way back in the back of the fridge. Sometimes you find a good one. B|

JohnMitchell

***Perris/Eloy probably...but you list Spokane as your location.

Kapowsin is my home DZ. It's very kid and dog friendly, but no climbing walls or regularly scheduled barbecues. There is a fenced dog run and a play ground for the kids. We also have a Super Otter, Super Caravan, and Porter at your beck and call for making all the jumps you want. B|

There's a bunkhouse minutes from the DZ. Also a Super 8 motel and shopping just down the road.

John Dear.... face it.... the beer at Kapow is a huge fail.... Busch Light :S is only appropriate for SCR ceremonies for pouring over the honoree.

CrashProne

My ONLY gripe about Kapowsin is the jumpers taste in beer... Can't you see we're well enough stocked with Busch and Busch Light? Would it kill you to bring in a nice IPA once in a while??????

;)

I even hear some people homebrew around there but... well they hoard that to themselves.[:/]

Amazon

******Perris/Eloy probably...but you list Spokane as your location.

John Dear.... face it.... the beer at Kapow is a huge fail.... Busch Light :S is only appropriate for SCR ceremonies for pouring over the honoree.

This DZ sounds like it got much of what we may want, but the beer issue matters.

How is the crowd at that place? It's quite big then. I also am thinking of buying one of those cars with living in them to have on the DZ. Most important is the kids and the beer I guess.

JohnMitchell

***Perris/Eloy probably...but you list Spokane as your location.

So many great memories of the old Kapowsin...I will get back there to play again. Hopefully this coming summer. My rig deserves to get back to its spawning grounds, or at least pretty close to it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thanks for all great advice. I will check out the Kapowsin and probably end up doing AFF there.

On a side note..

I initially did SL and the "classic" way, because AFF barely existed. I knew instantly I wanted to do it and booked a plane for next vacation.

I recall After AFF, we had to have 10 jumps and one had to be low.
That was my first exit below 14000 feet after intensive AFF and felt scarier than anything before..:D:D Once you go from SL to AFF and then return for first low exit, it feels weird, IMHO.

DrSher

*********Perris/Eloy probably...but you list Spokane as your location.

This DZ sounds like it got much of what we may want, but the beer issue matters.

How is the crowd at that place? It's quite big then. I also am thinking of buying one of those cars with living in them to have on the DZ. Most important is the kids and the beer I guess.

All I can say is drive over... bring your stuff.... Bring decent beer and check it out. pick a weekend soon.... westside weather will begin to deteriorate into hop and pops very soon now.... When that happens Alaska Air flights to Skyharbor.... PHX rent a car and head to Eloy... I did that once a month with 3 or 4 day weekends through the winter months to get full altitude. There are some days where the clouds part in winter but it is never a given that will happen for a month or so with no let up.

If you're in Washington... My home DZ is Skydive Toledo. Very laid back. C182 on site 24/7 but lots of caravan weekends. bonfires, beer, bbq darn near every weekend. People here are awesome!!! Huge hanger and landing zone. I bring my kids all the time. usually other kids there. AFF, SL, Tandem... EFS!!!
Whale oil beef hooked

Z hills is my husband and I, our new home DZ :) we have seen several kids around and are planning to bring our kids this weekend. Along with their kindles and probably a couple board games. Hoping between that and watching people land that will keep them occupied