Shredex

Ankle injury acting up 1.5years later?

I injured my ankle on a low turn Feburary of 2014.
Got a couple xray's, doc said It wasn't broken and should be 100% in a few months.
it healed up and would only bother me if I was on my feet for really extended periods of time.
But, as of 3 weeks ago, it's been aching anytime I try to walk on it.
It's weird because if I deal with the pain and walk about 5 steps with it, the pain goes away and I can walk normal for the time being. But once I rest and get back on it, then it hurts again.
Anyone experience this? Thought it might of had something to do with the hurricane and low-pressure BS but the storm is gone and the pain is not.

I'm too poor to afford a Doc right now. Cost me $1000 just to have 2 damn x-rays done and they didn't even clean the dirt out of the "road"rash....So I'd figure I'd ask here first if someone else has dealt with this.

My mom has arthritis with symptoms like that in her hips and knees. She's stiff and in pain until she gets moving. From her experience she says staying mobile works better than any medicine for it, but she also have fibromyalgia, heart valve replacement, double bypass, and a lot of other painful things that happened to her so her pain tolerance could be much higher than normal.

EDIT: after rereading your post I have had similar issues with a knee injury from when I was 14. Not broken just soft tissue/ligament damage. 20 years later it could get semi painful during weather changes (not recently though) but I have figured out situation which seems to make it flare and avoid them. In my case it was running and anything that puts a side load on my knee for a long period of time. I now own a car that I haven't driven since February due to the way I have to sit in it. once the inflammation sets in I can have continuous pain for weeks unless I go easy for a week or so.

I have done nothing doctor wise, most I do is take an anti-inflammatory if it gets rough. I usually just avoid, limit, or adjust. I don't run unless I need to. If I notice im going to side load my knee on landing, I'll PLF instead.

what your describing sounds like arthritis. activity/heat or anything to increase circulation will help relieve pain, if it is indeed arthritis. that being said an xray would not show any torn/sprained tendons and/or ligaments. strengthening and improving flexibility in the area will help long term. how old are you

tred

what your describing sounds like arthritis. activity/heat or anything to increase circulation will help relieve pain, if it is indeed arthritis. that being said an xray would not show any torn/sprained tendons and/or ligaments. strengthening and improving flexibility in the area will help long term. how old are you

............................................................................................

Agreed. Physio-therapy helps strengthen muscles, ligaments and tendons around the injury.
During the 1980s, I sprained my left ankle three times. A physio-therapist taught me a bunch of exercises with giant rubber bands. That ankle has not hurt in many years.
8 years ago I dislocated a shoulder, tore three ligaments in my left knee and bruised every muscle in my body during a plane crash. Three different physio-therapists taught me a variety of exercises to strengthen soft tissue around the injuries. For a couple of months I could only lift 2 pounds with my right arm, then another month of lifting 5 pound jugs ...... 5 months after the accident my bruised ribs no longer hurt and I resumed solo jumping. After 8 months I resumed tandems, but my dislocated shoulder still hurt for a full year after the accident. To this day, my right shoulder aches to a week after carrying a sewing machine!
6 years after the accident, I had bone surgery to straighten out my left knee, but it still has 3 fewer ligaments than most people, every second day, I do a series of exercises to strengthen my knee muscles.

In conclusion, after soft tissue damage, you have 2 options: first, you can regularly exercise the muscles around the injury or ....... you will not enjoy the second option.

I'm nearly 26 years old now.
I've been taking a couple ibuprofens to help and try to relieve the pain. Doesn't help as much as I'd like lol
Also been stretching it.

It felt fine after a Skydive yesterday (first one in over a year) but realized it was the Adrenaline pumping so that's one solution to the pain lol

But, as of 3 weeks ago, it's been aching anytime I try to walk on it.

It is trying to tell you what the weather will be in the next 48 hours B|

Seriously, I sprained an ankle on landing in 1983. Walked on crutches for a couple of weeks, learned to walk and run again and mostly forgot about it. However, during a physical examination more than 15 years later as I was laying on the physicians table he examined both of my ankles and said "the left one has been injured previously, hasn't it?"

The general rule is rest, elevation and exercise. To be repeated every time it 'acts up'

The general rule is also that you will be rememberded about some of your landings - particularly on cold and damp mornings - decades after you f*#$d up.

The good news is that this keeps you cautious throughout the rest of your skydiving career. :P:)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...