brenthutch

CNN, the most trusted name in news

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

True.  I don't watch MSM anymore, but we have to live in a world of people who do.

You have made this statement several times before. It does you no favors.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Airdvr, "mainstream media" is defined to "other" the media. To keep entirely away from mainstream media means to stick with the fringe sites that say whatever it takes to get attention. Mainstream media is one of the places that regularly has the information to educate oneself about what's going on. Just consider each source when you read between its lines.

Wendy P.

You'd be wise to read Wendy's words and take them to heart. This media bias chart has been posted here many times. At the top of the chart is a green rectangle that contains the news sources in America judged to be the most accurate and unbiased. Within them are the top three MSM sources. ABC, NBC and ABC.collectively have the widest distribution of broadcasting because their market is mainstream America. Their advertisers expect impartial unbiased news based on facts.

The more you get your news from outside that green box the more time you have to factcheck those sources. Anything below the horizontal orange line at 24 should be considered junk.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You have made this statement several times before. It does you no favors.

You'd be wise to read Wendy's words and take them to heart. This media bias chart has been posted here many times. At the top of the chart is a green rectangle that contains the news sources in America judged to be the most accurate and unbiased. Within them are the top three MSM sources. ABC, NBC and ABC.collectively have the widest distribution of broadcasting because their market is mainstream America. Their advertisers expect impartial unbiased news based on facts.

The more you get your news from outside that green box the more time you have to factcheck those sources. Anything below the horizontal orange line at 24 should be considered junk.

spacer.png

Oh, he doesn't give a shit and never will so why waste the effort. What's fun to watch is how the poor, defeated and Trumpless on SC are beginning to sound like clones. I don't watch MSM, Kamala is an heiress and on and on. What a sad, lonely bunch.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I'm struggling with this - most every news organization had the Johns Hopkins database up on the corner of the screen. 

The CNN guy was disappointed with the death toll, he wanted it to be higher. they lead off with a breathless anchor reporting “death toll continues to rise” as if it were possible for the death toll to decline :shock:

Edited by brenthutch

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You do realise that whole story is about CNN telling the truth about a something that people are interested in, right?

Not to mention the irony of you now quoting not just Project Veritas but also the NYP to support your claims if made up news!

(edited)
19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The CNN guy was disappointed with the death toll, he wanted it to be higher.

Yes, he wanted it to be higher. And what did they do? They didn’t make it higher, they continued using the real numbers.

Congratulations, you’ve just demonstrated that CNN has a greater level of integrity than Project Veritas, the NYP and Fox News. 

Edited by jakee

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The CNN guy was disappointed with the death toll, he wanted it to be higher. they lead off with a breathless anchor reporting “death toll continues to rise” as if it were possible for the death toll to decline :shock:

So your point is CNN reported, accurately, the number of dead too much. Because they wanted to increase ratings. As compared to trump who downplayed the pandemic so Americans wouldn't be scared.

During a pandemic.

Is that your point? Because now 2/3 of American democrats have been vaccinated v. 1/3 of republicans and 35% of republicans don't want a vaccination.

During a pandemic.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Yes, he wanted it to be higher. And what did they do? They didn’t make it higher, they continued using the real numbers.

Congratulations, you’ve just demonstrated that CNN has a greater level of integrity than Project Veritas, the NYP and Fox News. 

Brent shows how the problem isn't CNN or Fox or any of the media/entertainment companies providing news. The problem is people's inability to think about what they are reading or watching.

• Like 2

(edited)

I agree with you, CNN is the FOX News for Democrats.

Judging from your graph Dems have no idea what Fox News even is.  At least Republicans watch some news that may not align with their world view.  Unlike the snowflakes on the left.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

The CNN guy was disappointed with the death toll, he wanted it to be higher.

If you always project your fantasies on to whatever news source you use, what you will get out of that source are your own fantasies, rather than news.  Seems counterproductive.

they lead off with a breathless anchor reporting “death toll continues to rise” as if it were possible for the death toll to decline 

Ah, I now see why you dislike CNN so much!  They report facts, which have become anathema to the right over the past four years or so.

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I agree with you, CNN is the FOX News for Democrats.

Judging from your graph Dems have no idea what Fox News even is.  At least Republicans watch some news that may not align with their world view.  Unlike the snowflakes on the left.

Trust me, liberals all know what Fox news is. Especially if we live in the South, simply because it's on every single public TV (like the ones at the gym, the ones at the airport, the ones in doctor's offices, etc).

What I got out of the chart is the Republicans are much more likely to trust Fox alone, while Democrats are a little more trusting in general. Personally, I'd rather trust a lot of sources equally, than find a single source and use it for everything. That second requires less mental effort, but it would sure make me more open to manipulation.

Wendy P.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Trust me, liberals all know what Fox news is. Especially if we live in the South, simply because it's on every single public TV (like the ones at the gym, the ones at the airport, the ones in doctor's offices, etc).

Wendy P.

Worse, in the South, it plays on the TV in every Club Floor Lounge. It's enough to have your morning coffee delivered by room service.

Edited by JoeWeber

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

...do you even know how to read graphs? The conclusion (the TITLE of the graphic...) is the complete opposite of what you just concluded. Geez.

37 minutes ago, olofscience said:

...do you even know how to read graphs? The conclusion (the TITLE of the graphic...) is the complete opposite of what you just concluded. Geez.

Oh, he's getting better. At least he didn't point out that 188% of Republicans were lean and not fat.