1 1
billvon

Matt Gaetz sex trafficking allegations

Today's update - investigators confirmed that Greenberg did send $300 to the 17 year old that Gaetz later paid for sex, and asked for by name.  (He told Greenberg to "hit up XXX" in his later Venmo payment.)   It was sent when she was 17.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

Today's update - investigators confirmed that Greenberg did send $300 to the 17 year old that Gaetz later paid for sex, and asked for by name.  (He told Greenberg to "hit up XXX" in his later Venmo payment.)   It was sent when she was 17.

Not clear. How old was she later when he paid her for sex and where is that evidence? The $300 could have been for valley girl language lessons depending on your attorney.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Not clear. How old was she later when he paid her for sex and where is that evidence? The $300 could have been for valley girl language lessons depending on your attorney.

Fer sure!  Fer sure!

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Yep.  She had just turned 18 when he sent the "hit up XXX" payment.  

The question is - who was Greenberg pimping her for when she was 17?

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yep.  She had just turned 18 when he sent the "hit up XXX" payment.  

Well, you're certainly polling the right audience.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:53 AM, JoeWeber said:

If she was sent money when 17, at the very least, it was grooming. 

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

What does  a political hate campaign have to do with skydiving? Shoot - let's talk about saving lives through better training rather than engaging in the political campaigns of lies and deceit. Let's fly fly free.

i thought the discussion was another gop sex scandal, not a political hate campaign.  maybe i missed something. 

12 hours ago, [email protected] said:

What does  a political hate campaign have to do with skydiving? Shoot - let's talk about saving lives through better training rather than engaging in the political campaigns of lies and deceit. Let's fly fly free.

Well, there's a "Safety & Training" forum. Also a "Freeflying" one. 
You are welcome to discuss those topics there. You don't have to participate in the discussion here if you find it not to your liking.

However, the "political hate campaign" and 'campaigns of lies and deceit' have been well covered. There are several threads on the tactics & complete lack of actual 'platform' by the Trump campaign.

If you think the Gaetz issue is hate driven, you are somewhat right.
But if you think the accusations are unfounded, I suggest you pay some actual attention to what's going on. Even his own party, even Fox News have abandoned him.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Nothing.  What does skydiving have to do with a deep state pedophile sex ring?  Again, nothing.

Are you sure you are in the right forum?  Perhaps you meant to post somewhere else.

I don't think Gaetz or his cohorts qualify as the 'Deep State'.

They are just a bunch of overgrow frat boys. They can't even conceal payments worth a crap.

Just now, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't think Gaetz or his cohorts qualify as the 'Deep State'.  They are just a bunch of overgrow frat boys. They can't even conceal payments worth a crap.

Well, this is Florida; the bar is a bit lower to begin with.

Just now, billvon said:

Well, this is Florida; the bar is a bit lower to begin with.

Maybe.

But not that low.

When one of the girls tries to 'defend' Gaetz by assuring investigators that there weren't any underage prostitutes at the 'sex & drugs' parties, you have to wonder.

I'm an old person -- an SOS as well -- and this is the political section of dropzone.com. It's where the politics belongs. Not everyone here agrees on stuff, but it's generally easy to agree that guys in their mid and late 30's shouldn't really be paying for women in their teens.

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

It just amazes me - an old guy - a SOS - that a platform that was once politic free is now completely surrendered to the haters and shallow thinkers.

?? You think this forum is politics free?  I refer you to the description of this forum that you probably had to click on to get here: "This is the place to discuss politics, guns, religion and any other topic you feel the need to address  . . . ."

So yes, we talk about politics here.  There are plenty of other forums here to peruse if you will be offended by such discussions.

9 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I guess I am wrong to think that skydiving should be politic free.

You've never sat around a bonfire until the wee hours of the morning then!  Politics gets talked about ten minutes after the first beer is opened and lasts until the last person leaves.

don't want to be thinking about the racist Democrat 

See?  You'd fit right in at such a bonfire.  You could spew your political BS then listen to other people spew theirs.

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I guess I am wrong to think that skydiving should be politic free. At a 120 MPH breakoff, I don't want to be thinking about the racist Democrat - I just want to be thinking about being clear of others so I don't kill them or myself. Silly me.

Seems you have a reading comprehension problem.  If you don't like it here, go away.

From the header of this forum:

Speakers Corner

A Soap Box in Cyber Space. This is the place to discuss politics, guns, religion and any other topic you feel the need to address from your soap box. Debates may get heated in here but the forum rules apply as everywhere else.

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I guess I am wrong to think that skydiving should be politic free. At a 120 MPH breakoff, I don't want to be thinking about the racist Democrat - I just want to be thinking about being clear of others so I don't kill them or myself. Silly me.

I should hope no one is posting in any of these forums while actually skydiving. I think at that point the topic of discussion is somewhat irrelevant, don’t you?

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I'm going to wander over to the Incidents forum, to complain about them talking about accidents.

"Why are you always talking about accidents?  If you want perfect safety stay home on your couch!  This is a skydiving forum, why aren't you talking about bitchin swoops and hot VRW?"

Meanwhile back in Gaetz news -

Turns out that his good friend Jason Pirozzolo, a drug entrepreneur and doctor, planned a trip to the Bahamas for Gaetz in 2018.  Pirozzolo paid for Gaetz's travel, hotel room, entertainment, alcohol, drugs and hookers, and also gave him at least $2000 in campaign donations.  In return, Gaetz made two speeches in support of Pirozzolo's organization - the Medical Marijuana Physicians Association - while in Congress.

Investigators are also looking into this "pay to play" scheme, and to what degree Pirozzolo paid for Congressional influence.