1 1
billvon

Matt Gaetz sex trafficking allegations

2 hours ago, billeisele said:

How has Hunter avoided any consequences?

Maybe because he didn't do anything wrong?

To your point, why hasn't he been charged with anything?

Trump was in office, Barr was the AG. They could easily have conducted an investigation into Hunter, and issued charges for any crimes...

They could PROVE.

Kinda like the idea of 'lock her up'. 
Why didn't Hilary face any charges?
Trump, Sessions and later Barr had ample time to conduct investigations.

Of course, all the idiots & fools think that the "Deep State" has been protecting Hunter Biden, HRC & even Obama. That there's ample evidence of those people 'committing crimes'. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, billeisele said:

Does that include candidates that admitted they smoked pot

That's more in the occasional speeding or overdue parking tickets column. It's just not that big a deal.

or had an open affair with a married man?

Um... are you, uhh.... are you under the impression that's illegal?

There are current elected officials in both parties and federal employees that have allegedly broken the law and have not been investigated. Until an investigation is done there can't be charges. It appears that some are untouchable. Some believe that situation exists because they have evidence on opposing politicians. No one gets investigated because then they all go down. If true, it's a mind-numbing thought that our country is controlled by these people.

What exactly are you talking about?

And - my god! An elected US representative has sex with potentially underage girls trafficked to him by a pimp (who is also an elected official) then gleefully shows naked photos of them to his colleagues in the House and your response is 'what about Hunter Biden?' Get a grip on yourself, man.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, jakee said:

That's more in the occasional speeding or overdue parking tickets column. It's just not that big a deal.

Um... are you, uhh.... are you under the impression that's illegal?

And - my god! An elected US representative has sex with potentially underage girls trafficked to him by a pimp (who is also an elected official) then gleefully shows naked photos of them to his colleagues in the House and your response is 'what about Hunter Biden?' Get a grip on yourself, man.

Post #13, this thread.

6 hours ago, billeisele said:

Does that include candidates that admitted they smoked pot or had an open affair with a married man?

Neither of those is illegal in most places.

There are current elected officials in both parties and federal employees that have allegedly broken the law and have not been investigated.

Indeed.  I bet all of them have driven over the speed limit at some point, or even parked in a no-parking zone.  That's a bit different than sex trafficking with minors, wouldn't you agree?

Isn't it interesting how politicians can become multi-millionaires on a public servant salary.

Isn't it interesting that a president can funnel multi-millions in taxpayer money into his properties, and his supporters find that perfectly fine?

Which public office was Hunter elected to, exactly?  I must have missed his election.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

Which public office was Hunter elected to, exactly?  I must have missed his election.

He was elected to the post of "Whipping Boy" by the right wing media and their zombified followers.  He took over from Hillary who served a long term as Whipping Girl".

32 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well, to be fair, Ivanka, Eric & Don Jr weren't exactly 'elected to public office'. 

However, their behavior is a lot more 'criminal'. 

Hunter Biden may have used his name (and his dad) to get positions he wouldn't have otherwise.
Maybe somewhat unethical.

But a far, far, faaaaaaaaar cry from, say, pushing arms deals through to make a 'foreign entity' happy. 

57 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, to be fair, Ivanka, Eric & Don Jr weren't exactly 'elected to public office'. 

Ivanka was appointed to public office, Eric and Don worked on the campaign and continued to run dad's business while dad was in office. People said Trump would run the government like a business and he did indeed run it like it was his family's business. None of that applies to the Bidens.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hunter Biden may have used his name (and his dad) to get positions he wouldn't have otherwise.
Maybe somewhat unethical.

That is not unethical or away from the norm. You use your connections in life, familial or not. In fact, feel free to toss my name around for free jumps in the other 49 states. My pleasure.

20 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That is not unethical or away from the norm. You use your connections in life, familial or not. In fact, feel free to toss my name around for free jumps in the other 49 states. My pleasure.

Would you like a report on how well it worked, as well? ^.^

Wendy P.

(edited)

This is a couple days old, but I haven't seen it here.

There was a letter released via the e-mail account of Gaetz's chief of staff, Jillian Wyant. Also put out on Twitter, via Gaetz's own account.

It claimed to be from the "Women of Matt Gaetz's office".
It basically said that Gaetz is an upstanding, moral guy and couldn't have possibly committed the crimes he's accused of.

However, it had one minor ommission.
One little thing missing.

ANY signatures from ANY of these women.
Even Wyant, the one who purportedly sent it.

Anyone else remember "Welcome Back Kotter" and the running gag of 'excuse notes' from Epstein's mom?

Edit to add link:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-gaetz-staff-unsigned-letter_n_606f53f0c5b6fc989f5a4db3

Edited by wolfriverjoe

On 4/10/2021 at 3:15 PM, BIGUN said:

I don't care if they have an R, D, L, M,N,O,P after their name. You fuck with CHILDREN under the age of 21 as a politician . . . Well, I don't have a lot of money, but what I do have is a particularly unique set of skills . . . You know, you cut a man's balls off and if you don't tie the stubs off, they last about 90 to 180 seconds.  Too graphic? Just remember it could be your little girl. There's a reason pedophiles don't last long in prison. Most prisoners don't have a lot of money, but what they do have is a particularly unique set of skills . . . and in most cases, their kids is all they got. 

Unfortunately both our countries allow for loopholes, through child marriage. A practice I find despicable and one that should be changed immediately.

In Canada, children between 16 and 18 can get married with parental consent. In many US states that limit either doesn't exist or is significantly lower, some as low as 13.

Texas is trying to pass a bill that would label those parents helping their transgender children as child abusers, but does allow a 14 year young child to get married with parental consent.

We really need to stop letting religious dogma dictate legislation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Texas is trying to pass a bill that would label those parents helping their transgender children as child abusers,

I'm not going to lie - I had to look this up. 

SB1646 would prohibit parents from "administering or supplying, or consenting to or assisting in the administering or supplying of puberty suppression prescription drug or cross-sex hormone to a child, other than an intersex child, for the purpose of gender transitioning or gender reassignment."

The bill would change the state's definition of child abuse to include parents allowing trans minors to access hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and puberty blockers, two types of treatment commonly prescribed to trans minors by medical professionals.

Advocates like Adri Perez, a policy and advocacy strategist for the ACLU of Texas, say the bill could cost trans children their lives if passed. 

https://www.insider.com/texas-lawmakers-propose-bill-to-label-trans-health-care-child-abuse-2021-4

Ya know, I don't even know what to say - Well, Silliness. 

It's no secret that I'm opposed to abortion and we've had that conversation. But, if my child were to need/want trans . . . let the state try to come for me. I may not have a lot of money . . . 'nuff said. 

• Like 1

The scandal is growing.  

Now investigators have uncovered the names of five girls who were flown to the Bahamas on private aircraft for the use of Gaetz and several other GOP officials, including state legislator Halsey Beshears and GOP fundraiser Jason Pirozzolo, a doctor.

Interestingly, Joel Greenberg was NOT on the trip.  He was planning to go but got into a fight with Pirozzolo's girlfriend (not one of the girls on the trip) and stayed home.  Greenberg is now facing 33 federal charges stemming from his use of taxpayer money to get girls for the use of his political allies.

The law they are likely to run afoul of is the Mann Act, which prohibits transporting women across state lines for the purpose of prostitution.  And given that Gaetz paid Mann $900, and he in turn paid three girls that $900 for "tuition" - it is likely that Gaetz will have to answer this in court.

There's one group who has got to feel vindicated by this - Qanon.  They've been talking about a deep state pedophilia/sex trafficking ring for years - and it has finally been uncovered.  They must be ecstatic.

Right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/13/gaetz-bahamas-investigation-481273

that would be the main reason i scoff at anyone who dismisses "conspiracy theories" out of hand.  not only do some get proven true decades later, they all have the beginning inside a grain of truth.  like the shit my personal favorite patriot snowden showed all of us a few years ago.  or the fact that the fbi assassinated dr king in memphis.  oh, and i'm sure epstein just killed himself.  we will never know the truth on that one though, too many rich folks involved.

(edited)
5 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

that would be the main reason i scoff at anyone who dismisses "conspiracy theories" out of hand.  not only do some get proven true decades later, they all have the beginning inside a grain of truth.  like the shit my personal favorite patriot snowden showed all of us a few years ago.  or the fact that the fbi assassinated dr king in memphis.  oh, and i'm sure epstein just killed himself.  we will never know the truth on that one though, too many rich folks involved.

Or that the president of the Boston Police union was really a child molester and the Boston police knew about it all along.

One of the interesting side stories around the Gaetz investigation is that there are at least two cases of people discussing running phantom candidates to increase the odds of a Republican getting elected.

More and more i am convinced that whatever Republicans accuse other people off, it really is just them projecting what they are doing.

Edited by SkyDekker

21 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Or that the president of the Boston Police union was really a child molester and the Boston police knew about it all along.

https://truthout.org/articles/boston-pd-covered-up-police-union-heads-child-molestation-charges-for-25-years/

So much for "protect and serve." I just don't get it. Their job is to protect the innocent. A lot of them have children of their own and protect a piece of shit like that. I'm guessing that if I had chosen a career in LE; it would have lasted about 8 seconds. Disgusting. Police forces around the nation need some serious reform.   

18 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Police forces around the nation need some serious reform.   

it ain't just the cops that need to reform, the regular folks need some serious lessons in empathy as well.  not sure how we do that, but holding the cops to higher standards than regular folks would be a good start.

5 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

it ain't just the cops that need to reform, the regular folks need some serious lessons in empathy as well.  not sure how we do that, but holding the cops to higher standards than regular folks would be a good start.

Too many people are more than capable of having empathy for people they identify with, it's just the "others" who don't get cut any slack. We need to have "human" be the main category, and go from there, in judging people as individuals, rather than as (Muslim, white, foreigner, freeflyer, whatever). That's why the same guy who got 5 tickets as a teenager and was able to take defensive driving to get out of them can say "well, he shouldn't have been speeding!" with a straight face.

Wendy P.

Update - 

Two women have come forward to talk about the drugs-and-sex parties that they, Gaetz and others attended.  One said she was paid by Greenberg for sex with people at the party.  Interestingly, they both came forward out of a desire to defend Gaetz, saying that none of the other women at the parties (from what they could tell) were underage.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/politics/gaetz-parties-women-drug-use-sex-payments/index.html

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Too many people are more than capable of having empathy for people they identify with, it's just the "others" who don't get cut any slack. We need to have "human" be the main category, and go from there, in judging people as individuals, rather than as (Muslim, white, foreigner, freeflyer, whatever). That's why the same guy who got 5 tickets as a teenager and was able to take defensive driving to get out of them can say "well, he shouldn't have been speeding!" with a straight face.

Wendy P.

that's not empathy, that's bullshit.  fear and the need for socialization competing to see which one wins.  with conservatives, you see fear as a deciding factor in a lot of their actions.  it's more than that though, like almost everything, there are too many variables to see sometimes and folks that make things black and white miss all the nuance that solves problems.