1 1
billvon

The good politician thread

On 4/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, JoeWeber said:

Fuck him. He watched Trump crash the party and make us look like jerks around the world with nary a peep. He could have done a lot. He found his highest use post presidency painting bathroom selfies. 

I imagine he was probably as surprised as any real conservative that Trump would drag the party as far as he has down the road it is currently on. He might have just been playing by the old rules of etiquette, when former Presidents didn’t criticize a sitting one, so as not to interfere with the latter doing his job. Etiquette used to be a thing, even in politics.

3 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

I imagine he was probably as surprised as any real conservative that Trump would drag the party as far as he has down the road it is currently on. He might have just been playing by the old rules of etiquette, when former Presidents didn’t criticize a sitting one, so as not to interfere with the latter doing his job. Etiquette used to be a thing, even in politics.

So Dantes first circle and not the ninth? 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

So Dantes first circle and not the ninth? 

I suppose. I never thought of it that way. Maybe second. But no deeper than that. He’s friends with Michelle, and any friend of Michelle is a friend of mine, evil or not.

2 minutes ago, murps2000 said:

I suppose. I never thought of it that way. Maybe second. But no deeper than that. He’s friends with Michelle, and any friend of Michelle is a friend of mine, evil or not.

Excellent point. Let's give him a pass. 

(edited)

Nearly one million people signed up for Obamacare coverage this spring

because of President Biden's leadership "the average monthly premium that Healthcare.gov consumers paid fell to $86 for those signing up in April, down from $117 in February and March...About four million Americans who are currently uninsured can qualify for plans that will cost them no premium, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation...two million Americans who were already enrolled in Obamacare coverage have returned to " the marketplace to take advantage of new discounts.

President Biden, protecting the health and pocketbook of Americans who got thrown under the bus by trump.

Edited by Phil1111