M a r t i n

Grand Caravan Skydive Kit / Roller Door

Hi Guys,

Our Dropzone is currently in progress of buying a Grand Caravan which is not yet fitted with a roller door / windshield nor anything else.
Therefore i wanted to ask you, if you could give me some tips which companies i could checkout for this purpose.
The only company i found is based in Germany and the price of their Skydive Kit for the Caravan starts at about 48k EUR. (https://porta.aero/en/products/caravan-skydive-kit)

Thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, M a r t i n said:

Hi Guys,

Our Dropzone is currently in progress of buying a Grand Caravan which is not yet fitted with a roller door / windshield nor anything else.
Therefore i wanted to ask you, if you could give me some tips which companies i could checkout for this purpose.
The only company i found is based in Germany and the price of their Skydive Kit for the Caravan starts at about 48k EUR. (https://porta.aero/en/products/caravan-skydive-kit)

Thanks in advance!

First confirm the level of certification you'll need where the aircraft is being operated and then also with your maintenance organization. In the US Forms 337 and 8130-3 are common approvals. Some places have more stringent requirements.

19 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

First confirm the level of certification you'll need where the aircraft is being operated and then also with your maintenance organization. In the US Forms 337 and 8130-3 are common approvals. Some places have more stringent requirements.

Unfortunately, at the moment its not yet clear if its going to get an european or an american registration and therefore the level of certifications are not yet fully known.
But i already wanted to start looking for possible solutions.

1 hour ago, M a r t i n said:

Unfortunately, at the moment its not yet clear if its going to get an european or an american registration and therefore the level of certifications are not yet fully known.
But i already wanted to start looking for possible solutions.

Phil Eisdale at Davis Air Repair, Davis California does a full suite of approvals including a door that closes inflight. His paperwork is perfect. I'm not sure if he can navigate European approvals but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1